Princess shampoo rumor

generichandle

Can someone tell me if it's true that princess is dropping the eucalyptus shampoo?

I am horrified if it is true, best dandruff product I have found [and boy do I need that]. My steward actually slipped me a few when I left another cruise. I am on the Crown [bA to LA] in March, and I certainly hope I don't have to bring their own shampoo back onboard.:confused:

Doug

Can someone tell me if it's true that princess is dropping the eucalyptus shampoo?

I am horrified if it is true, best dandruff product I have found [and boy do I need that]. My steward actually slipped me a few when I left another cruise. I am on the Crown [bA to LA] in March, and I certainly hope I don't have to bring their own shampoo back onboard.:confused:

Doug

Hi Doug: LOL. :D This should only be the worst problem you ever encounter. :)

Hi Doug: LOL. :D This should only be the worst problem you ever encounter. :)

Laugh out loud if you must.

The Bath & Body Works eucalyptus products are just not a substitute for the real McLotus. Some of us do like them, and ration it out until the next cruise...

...and the next cruise is usually way too far off!

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I hope they are still on the Island Princess the next two weeks.

One of our cruises we asked the cabin steward for some extras to take home and he brought a bag full!

I don't know why Princess doesn't sell it in the gift shops or Spa.

I hope they are still on the Island Princess the next two weeks.

One of our cruises we asked the cabin steward for some extras to take home and he brought a bag full!

I don't know why Princess doesn't sell it in the gift shops or Spa.

Once I searched for the eucalyptus shampoo manufacturer but they didn't sell it directly. My wife doesn't like it & brings her own although it worked well for me as does the new unscented conditioning shampoo from the pumps or the 2 oz tubes.

So on the ships with new dispensers...for us non-elite/non-suite pax:

Is there still a bar of soap at the sink, as on HAL

or do we have to beg/bribe our cabin steward for one, as on NCL?

You will still get a bar of soap, but it might be the newer smaller versions.

I remember the delicious smelling shampoo on the Island Princess when we sailed an Alaska cruise back in August! We just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess and they had the dispensers in the shower. My hair didn't like the combo shampoo/conditioner but I had my own product.

Is there still a bar of soap at the sink, as on HAL

or do we have to beg/bribe our cabin steward for one, as on NCL?

There is a dispenser of shower gel which I liked just fine and they did provide one bar of soap for the sink (we didn't ask for more).

This does remind me of a cruise where the cabin steward had a soap obsession. Every day he left 3-4 more bars. We had them stacked up under the sink where he could see them yet he still left more and more. I swear we had good personal hygiene and bathed 1-2 X every day but even we started to doubt ourselves.

My in-laws (on the same ship, different floor) absconded with all the extras. In spite of them being 1 percenters they always strip all such amenities. It's been years since they bought their own shampoo, soap, lotion, shower caps, sewing kits, creamer, sugar, sweeteners, or anything else they can stuff in a purse or pocket.

That combo stuff makes my long hair look and feel like a brillo pad.

My hair didn't like the combo shampoo/conditioner.

Not only does Princess save money because the bulk packaging costs less than many small containers, they will save even more money because many people will not use it.

Dispensers are those that will be refilled. No disposable bag.

I have a big problem with this. Being an infection preventionist, these types of dispensers are not allowed in hospitals. Why? Because these types of containers are continually refilled or "topped up" and they become contaminated. Yes bacteria can grow in soap! If the dispensers are allowed to empty and cleaned and dried before being refilled, that prevents the chance of contamination. But that procedure is not going to happen on a ship.

I won't be using them and I almost want to be a rebel here and say we should all dump them out at the end of a cruise in protest - no money saving there.

I have a big problem with this. Being an infection preventionist, these types of dispensers are not allowed in hospitals. Why? Because these types of containers are continually refilled or "topped up" and they become contaminated. Yes bacteria can grow in soap! If the dispensers are allowed to empty and cleaned and dried before being refilled, that prevents the chance of contamination. But that procedure is not going to happen on a ship.

I won't be using them and I almost want to be a rebel here and say we should all dump them out at the end of a cruise in protest - no money saving there.

I could not agree more.

I have a big problem with this. Being an infection preventionist, these types of dispensers are not allowed in hospitals. Why? Because these types of containers are continually refilled or "topped up" and they become contaminated.

Cruise ships are not hospitals and refillable soap dispensers have been in wide use in a variety of businesses and will remain so.

If you don't want to use it, bring your own.

Mike:)