Looks like 1-2-3 Coming Back on Black Friday

lovestx

Should be interesting. My cruise fare went down $250 but I would have lost my Beverage Package from Pick your Perk. Hopefully the fare will stay down and I will be able to lower my fare and hang onto the Beverage Package at the same time. We shall see!

Just got an email from Celebrity saying that a special offer is coming out at 12:01 a.m. Black Friday. And while it doesn't say 123 Go Offer in the body, the tab at the top of my toolbar says 123 Go Offer.

So the rumors appear to be correct.

Guess my poor travel agent will be working overtime again to get me another great deal.

Would someone remind me what I get on an 11 or 12 night Med cruise? Two perks?

Thanks for the heads up.

Prices increased significantly on European Cruises yesterday or today...presumably getting ready for 1-2-3. What a deal..... This is that standard old retail model.....raise the price and put the item on a % off sale....or give away the amount you raised the price in a bonus of some sort. Reminds me of times square shops in NYC when I was young.

Some call it marketing....I have different words for it....

I do not agree on price increase for european cruises, our 3 cruises we have been looking at for weeks are still same price, so i wonder where the price change is that you see.

Maybe cruises changed price because of dates coming closer or ship if filling up and price goes up, but ours sure are at same price.

Edited by Doudounka

I do not agree on price increase for european cruises, our 3 cruises we have been looking at for weeks are still same price, so i wonder where the price change is that you see

It may depend on the type of cabin and the specific cruise. Near as I can see, the cruises I've been following have gone up $200. It's also possible that they may not have adjusted all the prices for the friday promotion yet

I just checked the X website and don't see any count down clock, has it been deleted already?

Also I signed up for email notifications (at least it says I have on the website) but no email for me today or any day!

Just had an email countdown clock.

"Bookmark this page and come back on Black Friday, Nov. 29, at 12:01 am ET to choose from three incredible offers on over 400 sailings from Feb. 2014 to March 2015.

Keep an eye on the clock."

For Caribbean Vacations, It says check back on Cyber Monday, Dec 2nd.

http://click.email.celebritycruises.com/?qs=c27c8234beb2a886b2557a6a8916a222c124b0005006c651bc316d6576e01cbe1d5b34382bdbe839

ghstudio

-----Near as I can see, the cruises I've been following have gone up $200. It's also possible that they may not have adjusted all the prices for the friday promotion yet.

I think the prices have gone up because the 10% deal ( the one we had flyers in our cabins on Infinity for) finished yesterday( Nov3rd- 24th)

Edited by upwarduk

Just had an email countdown clock.

"Bookmark this page and come back on Black Friday, Nov. 29, at 12:01 am ET to choose from three incredible offers on over 400 sailings from Feb. 2014 to March 2015.

Keep an eye on the clock."

For Caribbean Vacations, It says check back on Cyber Monday, Dec 2nd.

http://click.email.celebritycruises.com/?qs=c27c8234beb2a886b2557a6a8916a222c124b0005006c651bc316d6576e01cbe1d5b34382bdbe839

I think the prices have gone up because the 10% deal ( the one we had flyers in our cabins on Infinity for) finished yesterday( Nov3rd- 24th)

It would make sense, although the padded out the fares on some of the cruises when they offered the pick your perk.:D

Just checked the pricing on some Caribbean cruises for March 2014. The 7 day cruises are the same price but the 15% discount on the 10 day cruise is gone.

Curious to see what offer is coming our way.

This would be in line with the $300+ overnight price increase for CC on Infinity in July.....

Wow :eek:, our Infinity sailing has risen significantly. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Silhouette sailing I've got my eye on doesn't do the same ;).

Hmm... The flyer I received said 1-2-3 only better. For European cruises you can pick 2 -- classic beverage package, pre-paid gratuties or up to 300 shipboard credit. Plus there are now additional benefits for 3 and 4th person in the same cabin. My cruise price has not increased, perhaps it will on Friday. In any event, I'll be crunching numbers and determining what is in my best financial interests. :)

Hmm... The flyer I received said 1-2-3 only better. For European cruises you can pick 2 -- classic beverage package, pre-paid gratuties or up to 300 shipboard credit. Plus there are now additional benefits for 3 and 4th person in the same cabin. My cruise price has not increased, perhaps it will on Friday. In any event, I'll be crunching numbers and determining what is in my best financial interests. :)

I won't add anything except to say the above is correct ;)

And, the countdown clock is still on the site for me (to the poster who thought it was gone). It's on the home page toward the bottom, middle box.

If this promotion comes out, how can I re-book at 12:01 am or do I have to wait until the morning when they open the phone lines? I guess what I am wondering is--Can I book a cruise at 12:01 online? I have never booked a cruise through Celebrity online.

Edited by morfred
update

If this promotion comes out, how can I re-book at 12:01 am or do I have to wait until the morning when they open the phone lines? I guess what I am wondering is--Can I book a cruise at 12:01 online? I have never booked a cruise through Celebrity online.

You can place a 24 hour hold on a cruise and then call Celebrity or your TA in the morning.

I read information about Black Friday from another TA that I compare with others. They stated a 3rd/4th person perk of a "free soft beverage pkg". Helpful for families traveling.

Pat :)

Just checked out March Reflection cruise. We are booked in a CS. The price from yesterday jumped $600.00. The price for a Signature suite jumped around $700.00 and the RS jumped $500.00.

If you're already booked and want the 1-2-3 deal then I suggest checking the current prices before calling to see if it will still be a deal since you would have to pay the new rate.

I was looking at a couple of UK departures on Eclipse for next spring. One week ago a 2D Balcony was £1580 and £1620 on the two cruises respectively. Four days before the 3-2-1 promotion starts those prices have risen to £2050 and £2150 respectively.

Clearly what Celebrity dont want is to be seen to raise prices overnight on release of the 3-2-1 promotion (otherwise the offer cannot be seen as FREE) so they are raising them in advance so the price from the day before and the day of the promotion appears not to be hiked.

They had X guarantee balconies at £1440 and £1540 a week ago (less 5% loyalty discount) where the worst allocation would be a 2D. Booking that price and paying for the classic package would have come in less than their current pricing with cash to spare. All this has made me do is play the waiting game and wait for a bargain next spring. If it doesnt happen then no problem, it wasnt to be.

Celebrity FREE is clearly not FREE.

As an FYI, prices went up today because the Giving Thanks promotion ended last night. Everything as of last night included the 10% discount everyone got and if you were Captains club you got an extra 15%. So yes, prices for everything to the end of 2014 went up, but not because Celebrity is trying to trick you with 123 Go. I did the math on my cruises and sure enough, the price went up 10% today. I still pick the 123 Go sale over the 15% off, for us it is a better value.

As an FYI, prices went up today because the Giving Thanks promotion ended last night. Everything as of last night included the 10% discount everyone got and if you were Captains club you got an extra 15%. So yes, prices for everything to the end of 2014 went up, but not because Celebrity is trying to trick you with 123 Go. I did the math on my cruises and sure enough, the price went up 10% today. I still pick the 123 Go sale over the 15% off, for us it is a better value.

Not true, price for cruise was 2149$ before the Giving Thanks promotion, now it is 2409$ per person. So the price changed before the 123 promo, now they can give two perks for Europe cruise instead of one.

Edited by JezzaC

Not true, price for cruise was 2149$ before the Giving Thanks promotion, now it is 2409$ per person. So the price changed before the 123 promo, now they can give two perks for Europe cruise instead of one.

Well said. I had looked at pre loyalty discounted prices for the two cruises I was interested in and comparing like with like it would be less expensive to be a non loyalty customer and have booked last week and pay for a classic package than book on Friday and get the classic package thrown in.

Shame on you Celebrity. Some Promotion.