Let's keep "Now" and "Today" out of thread titles.

whogo

"Now" and "Today" are only relevant for a short time. How about we all agree to use the date and time instead? "Prinsendam arriving 11/26/13 at 11:26 EST" is much more useful than "Prinsendam arriving now".

Agreed.

igraf

"Now" and "Today" are only relevant for a short time. How about we all agree to use the date and time instead? "Prinsendam arriving 11/26/13 at 11:26 EST" is much more useful than "Prinsendam arriving now".

I totally agree and it is especially alarming when the thread heading is accompanied by yellow alert symbols and exclamation marks. Alert symbols should be used judiciously on CC to denote something of vital urgency. Whenever a poster routinely uses this symbol I am always reminded of the story of "The Little Boy Who Cried 'Wolf' ". Someday they might really have something of urgent importance to impart and nobody will pay attention to the alert symbol.

I also wish people would post the cabin numbers of cabins that they had problems with. I hate it when a person says. "My cabin was terrible, etc" I always want to say WHICH cabin was it??? IT would be so much more helpful if the poster said. "I was in cabin ..... and it was terrible and this is why." Now I know what cabin to avoid if possible.

Edited by Hflors

I agree!

I wish that each thread title would be followed the date of posting.

I've figured out that "now" and "today" don't always mean "now" and "today" but there are so many other posts that pop up, look interesting, and I go to the first unread post, only to find out that thread is years old and not really relevant anymore ... frustrating ... except when someone is reporting a follow-up, or resolution to the original problem ... but I still wish they'd start a new thread

I also wish people would post the cabin numbers of cabins that they had problems with. I hate it when a person says. "My cabin was terrible, etc" I always want to say WHICH cabin was it??? IT would be so much more helpful if the poster said. "I was in cabin ..... and it was terrible and this is why." Now I know what cabin to avoid if possible.
If I'm ever talking about a cabin and fail to say the number, look at my signature block. ;)

I totally agree and it is especially alarming when the thread heading is accompanied by yellow alert symbols and exclamation marks. Alert symbols should be used judiciously on CC to denote something of vital urgency. Whenever a poster routinely uses this symbol I am always reminded of the story of "The Little Boy Who Cried 'Wolf' ". Someday they might really have something of urgent importance to impart and nobody will pay attention to the alert symbol.

Exactly.

I don't understand the problem.

On my computer, the date and time of each message is displayed at the beginning of each posting.

Scott & Karen

People are not asking that each thread be dated because, as you say, they already are. It's just that when the title urgently says "now" we tend to click on it without looking at the date.

So instead of announcing in the title that the Prinsendam, or some other ship, is in the Panama Canal Gatun Locks NOW, it would be more helpful to even say Wednesday, Nov 27th at 7AM in the title. Then people would not waste time looking at supper time.

On my computer, the date and time of each message is displayed at the beginning of each posting.

But you have to open the thread to see that. "Today" is not quite as bad as you can often glance to the right and see that the last post was not in fact today ... unless someone didn't do that, and opened the thread and made a post on a day later than the original.

Yes! Pet peeve of mine, I now ignore all the exclamation marks and alert symbols and usually pass by those threads.

Totally agree with the OP, the words "now" and "today" are confusing. Using the date would be much more helpful.

Yes! Pet peeve of mine, I now ignore all the exclamation marks and alert symbols and usually pass by those threads.

Totally agree with the OP, the words "now" and "today" are confusing. Using the date would be much more helpful.

I hope the smiles are ok for the future cruise listing and the Bon Voyage threads ?

Both are great ideas. :)

Oh, thank you for saying that - multiple exclamation marks and suchlike drive me nuts. It's like saying "look at me, look at me" or assuming we can't see it without all the extras.

Edited by startwin
another typo!

Personally, I will never publish my cabin number. I do not want Holland America to be able to connect whogo with my real name, address, phone number, birth date, passport number, spouse's name, spouse's passport number, son's real name, etc.

Oh, thank you for saying that - multiple exclamation marks and suchlike drive me nuts. It's like saying "look at me, look at me" or assuming we can't see it without all the extras.

That kind of packaging reminds me of a cheesy eBay listing. As in:

"New ShiNy Ginsu knife!!!!! It SLicES!!!!!! iT DicCeS!!!!!!!"