Can I find passport # on my HAL account?

Appygirl

Not panicking yet, no trip planned, but passport is missing. We last booked 2 HAL cruises last year. I've been peeking around my account trying to find my missing passport # but I can't seem to figure out where this info might be. I can get to the online booking of our last cruise Sept 2012 which would have our current passport numbers and tried to go to the online check in and used the last booking number but I get this error message

"The data you submitted is not enough to serve your request. Please correct them, and click "Start Check-in" button. Invalid Booking Number"

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can check to find the info?

Thanks!

I seriously doubt you will be able to pull up the passport number. Some information appears from previous entries when I do pre-registrations but I always have to re-enter passport numbers and expiration dates.

Good luck. Hope you find your passport soon.

Not panicking yet, no trip planned, but passport is missing. We last booked 2 HAL cruises last year. I've been peeking around my account trying to find my missing passport # but I can't seem to figure out where this info might be. I can get to the online booking of our last cruise Sept 2012 which would have our current passport numbers and tried to go to the online check in and used the last booking number but I get this error message

"The data you submitted is not enough to serve your request. Please correct them, and click "Start Check-in" button. Invalid Booking Number"

Does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can check to find the info?

Thanks!

I don't think that will work. It' s been a while but I think I've had to enter my passport info every time I've done my online check-in. Only thing I can think of is to start your online check-in for this cruise, and see if HAL automatically populates those fields.

Good luck in finding your passports!

Sorry, just re-read your OP and saw that you don't have a trip planned.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I don't think you can retrieve that number from HAL. I know the feeling of panic when I couldn't find mine a year or so ago. They did turn up in my bank vault. Good luck with finding it. When you do find it, or if you need to get a new one, make a photo copy or two. Keep one and give one to a family member.

I don't think you can retrieve that number from HAL. I know the feeling of panic when I couldn't find mine a year or so ago. They did turn up in my bank vault. Good luck with finding it. When you do find it, or if you need to get a new one, make a photo copy or two. Keep one and give one to a family member.

I am also fairly certain that you cannot pull up this info in your HAL account.

Another suggestion---scan a copy of each passport and email it to yourself (then save in a folder) and perhaps a trusted family member. We have been doing this for years and while we have never needed to access passport information, we know we just have to go into the email and we can pull it up.

Your personal passport number is also your personal identificaion number. HAL is not going to publish this number for your personal protection. With the high number of ID thefts, protection is a must. Your best solution is to apply for a lost passport. This requires all the personal information and fees when you first applied.

Good luck

Do you sail exclusively HAL? When I log into my Princess Captains Circle or Cunard World Club accounts and go to update my personal information they show my passport number, issue date and expiration date. The unanswered question, of course, is whether that is a good thing or bad thing...

Edited by fishywood

OP - your main problem is not the number; it is a lost passport. Contact the appropriate Canadian agency which issues passports. You may need to apply for a replacement. A number without a passport is useless.

Tampa Girl is right. As long as your passport is out there lost, it is subject to misuse.

Thanks. That's what I thought when I couldn't readily find it. Oddly enough I found our check in documents in a file and the passport number isn't there either. The last time we flew it was different number. But thanks. Back to the hunt. Maybe its hiding with my missing security deposit box key.

Thanks. That's what I thought when I couldn't readily find it. Oddly enough I found our check in documents in a file and the passport number isn't there either. The last time we flew it was different number. But thanks. Back to the hunt. Maybe its hiding with my missing security deposit box key.

Lost passports should be reported. Unless you are absolutely positive that it is simply misplaced in the house, you should follow the instructions here:

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/planification/203.aspx?lang=eng