Suite Life here we come!!! (yes, there really is an upgrade fairy!)

DCP

We just got an upgrade (upsell for not much $$) from our mid balcony to a Penthouse suite!!!! I am so excited, I can't hardly stand it!!! I know there are posts on here about what is included and all, and I will do a search here in a bit, I just was so tickled about it I wanted to make a post! There really IS an upgrade fairy, I talked to him.:D

We just got an upgrade (upsell for not much $$) from our mid balcony to a Penthouse suite!!!! I am so excited, I can't hardly stand it!!! I know there are posts on here about what is included and all, and I will do a search here in a bit, I just was so tickled about it I wanted to make a post! There really IS an upgrade fairy, I talked to him.:D

Many hope. Few are called. Congrats! Which ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you all! Yes, the Dawn. We board on Sunday (and know of the long lines to get on board....knowing what is waiting for us once we're on will make the wait well worth it!):)

Thank you all! Yes, the Dawn. We board on Sunday (and know of the long lines to get on board....knowing what is waiting for us once we're on will make the wait well worth it!):)

Just in case you have not done this before, and for the benefit of other Suite Lifers, on two cruises we encountered Terminal folks who didn't really understand where to send us. Suite, penthouse, etc. did not seem to get through. The magic words? VIP!

So happy for you, the Dawn is probably lots like the Star, our favorite ship.

Bon Voyage!

Congratulations! Sounds like upgrade fairy must has checked Santa's list and saw that you've been good this year...........have a great cruise:)

Thank you all! LOL....yes, our PCC told us it would be difficult to go back to a balcony after this cruise! Since this is our first time in a suite, are there any tips we should know? (and what is the standard amount to tip the butler and concierge if you don't mind sharing - we are VERY new to this, and don't want to shortchange anyone). SO EXCITED!!!:D **and will remember the VIP when we arrive at the port!**

Thank you all! LOL....yes, our PCC told us it would be difficult to go back to a balcony after this cruise! Since this is our first time in a suite, are there any tips we should know? (and what is the standard amount to tip the butler and concierge if you don't mind sharing - we are VERY new to this, and don't want to shortchange anyone). SO EXCITED!!!:D **and will remember the VIP when we arrive at the port!**

Look for Waldospeppers posts on what is included for your particular suite category (or she will probably post shortly). The tipping is also on several threads and basically people will tell you a wide range of what they think is appropriate.

NCL upgraded us in 2003 on the NORWEGIAN DAWN, from a minisuite to a penthouse suite (9502)..no charge. We have not been able to go back to a regular cabin. They spoiled us. NCL surpasses the other cruiselines (we have sailed) in treatment of suite guests. Princess a close second. Enjoy your trip...Norwegian Dawn is a great, comfortable ship.

Edited by DCT61

Since youre in a suite no waiting for you! Make sure you tell the first person you see that youre oin a suite so they get you past most of the lines!

My apologies to cruzsnooze and anyone else I may have offended by the title of my post....for the little amount of money it cost us, I considered it a serious upgrade....since I am not a *seasoned* poster, I did not realize I should have posted it was from the UPSELL fairy. I don't see a way to change the title. If anyone knows how I can do that, please let me know and I will change it to reflect that it was not in fact an *upgrade*, I don't want to mislead anyone purposely. To the others with all the happy wishes for us, THANK YOU.