Any Plans for 2014?

Lois R

In 2014 I plan to sew my own clothing, eat beans and rice (or ask kindly friends to provide meals), resole my own shoes, and possibly spend time on street corners begging for dimes. So far, we have three cruises and an extensive road trip booked...DH retired recently and I am beginning to wonder why we even have a house when it is obvious we would prefer to be elsewhere (like on an ocean or river).

That sounds so like us.

Hubby and I both go parttime at work next year (semi retirement) and we just bought a motor home, I have 2 cruises booked next year and I plan to travel aound Europe for 5 weeks mid year. Hope the money holds out!! :D

I can't see the poiint in semi retiring if we just sit at home.:D

I'm sailing the Carnival Legend to Australia next year. I was on the Spirit last year, and probably wouldn't have gone again, had it not been for some deposit money ($700) I had to use. Plus, I love Bora Bora.

I will be sailing more on RCI in the future, since I'm close to Diamond, and will now get double days for sailing solo.

I still want to sail on Celebrity, so I see that in my future.

Debbie

All of you retirees and semi retirees :p. LOL! I have 22 years to go and YES I'M counting. I plan to pay off this house in the next 10 years and stack my $$ until retirement. Now you have me thinking do I really need a house!?!? :rolleyes: Cause I know I plan on seeing the world after retirement. I would love to do a TA. I get 2 weeks and 2 days of vacation. The perks of working for a small company. LOL! in 2 1/2 more years I'll get a whopping 3 weeks. LOL!! All I can do at this point is laugh! A TA will probably be my first vacation after retirement. Spend two weeks at each location before and after the cruise. A good 6-8 weeks of traveling to fully absorb my retirement and my hard earned money I saved. LOL! Thanks 401K. Cause lawd knows social security won't be around by then. LOL!

I plan to book something last minute in February 2014. Hoping to get something cheap out of Galveston, Houston or New Orleans. I like the Serenade itinerary going to Key West out of NO. The cheapest 7/8 nighter I find wins!!!

Edited by cynt

All of you retirees and semi retirees :p. LOL! I have 22 years to go and YES I'M counting. I plan to pay off this house in the next 10 years and stack my $$ until retirement. Now you have me thinking do I really need a house!?!? :rolleyes: Cause I know I plan on seeing the world after retirement. I would love to do a TA. I get 2 weeks and 2 days of vacation. The perks of working for a small company. LOL! in 2 1/2 more years I'll get a whopping 3 weeks. LOL!! All I can do at this point is laugh! A TA will probably be my first vacation after retirement. Spend two weeks at each location before and after the cruise. A good 6-8 weeks of traveling to fully absorb my retirement and my hard earned money I saved. LOL! Thanks 401K. Cause lawd knows social security won't be around by then. LOL!

I plan to book something last minute in February 2014. Hoping to get something cheap out of Galveston, Houston or New Orleans. I like the Serenade itinerary going to Key West out of NO. The cheapest 7/8 nighter I find wins!!!

Hi, I have worked for the same company for 23 years. I get the most

vacation allowed (4 weeks).......as for retirement? HA!....I live on

my own and will be working at least 10-15 more years:rolleyes:.......I am 55.

My house is paid for (thankfully) and I put money in several different

savings accounts.....(IRA'S).....I cruise about 2-3 times per year.

You still need $$$ to live on AFTER you retire;)

I'm sure I will cruise at least once in 2014, but I haven't decided on anything specific yet. I'd really like to get to northern Europe (would love to see Iceland too) and Australia/New Zealand are also calling me! And I have a friend who is interested in cruising with me to Alaska so that is also a possibility.

But first I need to lose all this weight I gained in 2013, before I get back on a cruise ship to gain more! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise!!! I haven't been on this solo board in years,(roll calls only) but I couldn't pass up posting on this thread.

2014-Royal Princess Dec. 9th-19th Eastern Caribbean Islander I just did this exact same itinerary on the Emerald 2 weeks ago.....yes again, it was wonderful.

Had an absolutely incredible stay pre-4 nites at the FLL Beach Sheraton, doing essentially the same thing next Dec., for the $$$ it cant be beat.

Lois I certainly hope you are doing well I've always admired you and your genuine and sincere input on this solo board take care and I'll check back on this board this summer, keep up the great work.

Todd T. Ellis

Charleston, WV

Btw Lois I get 4 weeks vacation this year with my work also FINALLY!!! In some capacity 20 days-ish is going to my So.FL-cruise vacation I CANT WAIT ALREADY!!! :D

My friend is trying to tempt me into travelling with him 'round the world, 2 TA's FLL to BCN, flying to Dubai, winding up in Vietnam and then Tokyo and another TA to Vancouver. Dear Santa: I've been a good girl this year, not gambling for the past 6 months and what I would have lost in those 6 months is the same amount for me travelling 'round the world with a good buddy of mine who is lots of fun and easy going. Yours truly, Patty.:D:D:D

Edited by yellowbird23

No solo cruises for me in 2014, sadly. But, it's not all bad since I do have 2 cruises booked. First is a 7-night in January, which originally was booked with another couple but they ended up having to back out due to major dental bills. So, it'll be dh & me - I love cruising, he tolerates it...hopefully I won't feel like throwing him overboard by day 2 <g>. He's content watching tv, I'm happy lounging on deck, so we may see each other at dinner ;-) Then, in November I've got a a 3-night Disney cruise (Dream) as a treat/gift for a friend/co-worker/walking buddy who has never cruised. The Dream is a beautiful ship & I can ignore the hordes of children for that short time period, lol!

2015 is my year - I plan to book a solo 11-night on Maasdam for 1/2/15...nothing like starting the year out right! I'll book this during the January 2014 cruise.

Sue/WDW1972

1/5/14 Nieuw Amsterdam

11/7/14 DCL Dream

I am cruising solo this January on Celebrity Constellation for a 5 night cruise; my first time on Celebrity. This will be my 3rd solo cruise.

I have cruised many times before but just started cruising solo; so far it has been fabulous!!

Happy and safe cruising all!

Will 2014 bring a solo cruise for me? The answer is yes. Thinking about booking the Carnival Splendor repositioning cruise from San Juan to Miami or taking the Carnival Dream from New Orleans(Leaning more towards Splendor.). It will be a belated 40th birthday present to myself two months after my birthday. :D

Will 2014 bring a solo cruise for me? The answer is yes. Thinking about booking the Carnival Splendor repositioning cruise from San Juan to Miami or taking the Carnival Dream from New Orleans(Leaning more towards Splendor.). It will be a belated 40th birthday present to myself two months after my birthday. :D

sounds like a great birthday gift to me. one of these I am going to do something like this.. maybe 2016 because my family has already started talking about a family reunion cruise in 2015.. in either case.. Enjoy!!

Hi Lois, I have booked my first b2b, this time on the Vision of the Seas, in April doing the "Cultural" cruise from Colon, never been to Columbia, nor Bonaire, and of course it has a bonus day in Aruba!! :D

Then following up with the 3 night repositioning to FLL.

Will definitely put a deposit down on a Celebrity cruise while on board. I want to do Bermuda!

I looked at that cruise a few days ago (SJ-MIA). Love the itinerary. With the exception of Grand Turk, those are all new ports for me. I am seriously considering it as my first solo cruise. Due to the time of year, I can't get anyone to go with me.

A few ladies on another thread already booked this as a solo, so there will be a few solos on this cruise.

Hi Lois, I have booked my first b2b, this time on the Vision of the Seas, in April doing the "Cultural" cruise from Colon, never been to Columbia, nor Bonaire, and of course it has a bonus day in Aruba!! :D

Then following up with the 3 night repositioning to FLL.

Will definitely put a deposit down on a Celebrity cruise while on board. I want to do Bermuda!

Hi, I went to Bermuda back in August:) and it was fabulous:D