Cancelled flights and missing cruise boarding

MVPinBoynton

Happy Birthday, Ed and thanks for offering to help. For those of you who have never met Ed in person, he is a funny, generous person. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would have driven all the way from Houston to Dallas to pick up our son if we had needed him to do it. And, BTW, it's about a four hour drive from Houston to Dallas, so round trip that would have been eight hours. Thanks Ed.

I have to admit, I am really embarrassed about this. I was never trying to draw attention to myself. I kinda like the background. :)

Congratulations. You’ve just received a Random Act of Modern Luxury. We will send you an email shortly. :)

What is this about?

Seeing Ed's original post I smiled and thought that was so kind and good hearted of him.

Not sure how the cancellation of 'planes, due to Air Traffic Control meltdown will effect cruises leaving Southampton today.

Last month Indy stayed a further day, as planes & trains were cancelled due to high winds.

It appears that P&O Oceana is scheduled to leave tomorrow.

However planes are not where they ought to be, the Control centre for UK had a fault, which was proving difficult to trace. And if you don't know the fault, you can't fix it !!!

Edited by upwarduk

No problem Mike. I do have a four wheel drive PU, so if he can't get out because of ice, let me know. I could run up to Dallas and grab them.

I think this is one of the nicest, most considerate things I have seen in a very long time. Ed, you are a wonderful man and the world is a better place with you in it. Thank you for being such a wonderful guy. And, of course,

312029,xcitefun-happy-birthday-dear-5.jpg

Edited by Cruiser Susie

That is wonderful news Mike.

And to all of you that had all the nice comments for me, I really have y'all fooled. I am a complete jerk in person. ;)

I doubt that! :) Looking forward to meeting y'all in a couple of weeks (and hearing your opinion of the Azamara waffles). ;)

You are lucky to be sailing with Ed. He is a great guy. I hope you both enjoy your holiday cruises from start to finish, and that we'll hear more about it at some point. Have a great time!

THIS is why you should always fly in a day early. I know there are obstacles to that sometimes, but for me it is a necessity, especially in the winter. We had 5-6 ins of snow yesterday. We never know when it will be really bad and getting out early has saved us delays more than once.

Texed--I always love your posts, but this time you truly ROCK for your generosity. :D

I will have an extra waffle in your honor on my Jan. 26th Silhouette cruise to the W. Carib.

Kathie

So Texed.....are you at liberty to say what random act of modern luxury you received from X?

What a kind offer you made. Hopefully some of us in the CC community can do the same for you one day.

What is this about?

Seeing Ed's original post I smiled and thought that was so kind and good hearted of him.

I don't guess Celebrity would mind if I tell y'all. I had my choice between the construction video of Reflection being built, or an "Excite the Senses" cookbook. I chose the cookbook. I will give it to Jacquie for Christmas. One less present to buy. (I told y'all I was a jerk) :D

THIS is why you should always fly in a day early. I know there are obstacles to that sometimes, but for me it is a necessity, especially in the winter. We had 5-6 ins of snow yesterday. We never know when it will be really bad and getting out early has saved us delays more than once.

Unfortunately leaving a day early didn't help the OP's son in this case. While wise advice, there are still cases when even that is not enough.

Mike,

Houston is ice free. If he can drive down, I can help them get to the airport, park his car at our house if need be. If I can help out, e-mail me.

texedhou at aol dot com.

No problem Mike. I do have a four wheel drive PU, so if he can't get out because of ice, let me know. I could run up to Dallas and grab them.

Wow, you're a first class guy. So nice of you to offer to help. :)

Well my son won't be able to board the Reflection with us tomorrow because American Airlines can't get him to MIA soon enough. However, they have agreed to fly him directly to San Juan so he can catch the ship when it is in port on Monday. I really hate that he is going to miss sailaway from Miami. Since this is his first cruise, he was so looking forward to it. I guess there are worse things than to have to be in San Juan for a couple days; but it will be costly for him.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Just reading this thread. Was hoping that this would not be the case. It's good that the plan for San Juan will work.

I don't guess Celebrity would mind if I tell y'all. I had my choice between the construction video of Reflection being built, or an "Excite the Senses" cookbook. I chose the cookbook. I will give it to Jacquie for Christmas. One less present to buy. (I told y'all I was a jerk) :D

LOL!!! Not a jerk... a sense of humor!

Celebrity, in the spirit of giving, I would like to purchase the construction video for Jacquie to put under the tree for Ed. :) Is there a way I could do this?

Not sure how the cancellation of 'planes, due to Air Traffic Control meltdown will effect cruises leaving Southampton today.

Last month Indy stayed a further day, as planes & trains were cancelled due to high winds.

It appears that P&O Oceana is scheduled to leave tomorrow.

However planes are not where they ought to be, the Control centre for UK had a fault, which was proving difficult to trace. And if you don't know the fault, you can't fix it !!!

I worried about the folk flying out from UK to Miami to board a cruise. All the BA flights departed with delays up to about 3 hours and so did the Virgin Atlantic, some up to 5+ hours delay. But at least they were not cancelled. I think the cancelled flights were mainly shorthaul so could have affected those within UK getting to Southampton, but at least they would have had other choices of transport, but what stress!!!! I hope everyone made it.

Celebrity, in the spirit of giving, I would like to purchase the construction video for Jacquie to put under the tree for Ed. :) Is there a way I could do this?

I am absolutely amazed at everyone's wonderful posts and attitude. I think we should start a thread that only folks that post a positive experience can post. ;)

To answer your question, I have no idea. But, that is so generous of you to offer. :o :)

You are lucky to be sailing with Ed. He is a great guy. I hope you both enjoy your holiday cruises from start to finish, and that we'll hear more about it at some point. Have a great time!

Is Ed sailing on the same cruise?

Anyhow, my respect Ed! Whoever you are may God bless you.

Congratulations. You’ve just received a Random Act of Modern Luxury. We will send you an email shortly. :)

Dear Celebrity,

In the spirit of giving, I would like to purchase the construction video for the kind and generous Texed and have it sent to him along with the cookbook Celebrity is sending for his Random Act of Modern Luxury.

Many thanks to you and Ed for an uplifting couple of days.

I am absolutely amazed at everyone's wonderful posts and attitude. I think we should start a thread that only folks that post a positive experience can post. ;)

To answer your question, I have no idea. But, that is so generous of you to offer. :o :)

:)

You my friend are the generous one!

Are you near The Woodlands? I miss the area and all of the wonderful friends we met down there.

WOW! I am overwhelmed. I got home from work, and I see all of this. Y'all are bringing a tear to an old guy's eyes, on his birthday. :)

Happy Birthday Texed. We will always be able to remember it since yesterday was the 50th anniversary of our first date. It was a Friday too. We went to the same restaurant and when we told the server, she got the manager and they comped the meal. Nice touch.

We hope to meet you some day.

:)

Are you near The Woodlands? I miss the area and all of the wonderful friends we met down there.

We are about 20 miles away. It is too bad you don't live there now, they are "bidding" for houses in the Woodlands. They are in the process of building Exxon headquarters for 17,000 folks.