Has anyone heard weird complaints from other passengers about things?

quiksilver23

This summer, in Dawson City (Yukon) I had a shot of whiskey with an entire toe in it. I have a nice certificate to show that I'm a member of the Sour Toe Cocktail Club I too am a member of the club. Lots of stories around how it all got started but the toe you and I had is not the original. Along the way one or more have actually been swallowed. Dawson was my favourite place in the Yukon. I lived in Whitehorse for three years

So we're these toe drinks on a cruise and what was the complaint. Or are we off topic just wondering if I am missing something.

Eat more BACON

not sure if this counts...but it was just posted in the Princess forum.

FYI there was an emergency broadcast on the PA system asking for blood donors the night before this incident.

Good thing whoever wanted to visit Puerto Vallarta postponed this current Sapphire Princess trip... they cancelled out Puerto Vallarta today and we're doing day 2 in Cabo....due to a "critically ill passenger"... I say BS to that... all the cruise webcams I can find show the Norwegian Star in PV today... as I recall, in all our past Mex Riviera trips, PV was ALWAYS visited before Cabo and even cruise ship schedules show the Sapphire in PV YESTERDAY, the 18th. Someone at the corporate office of Princess really screwed the pooch on this one and they all think we're stupid. We kinda planned this cruise around PV as we enjoy that port so much. This is making it really difficult for me to drop the Future Cruise Deposit form in the box this time around for a future cruise that won't offer the port(s) we want at the LAST MINUTE.

I thought something was strange when I saw that we were going to PV on THURSDAY instead of WEDNESDAY... PV is ALWAYS Wednesday!!!!

So BEWARE you PV travelers ... you might not go there. They HAD to know that the itinerary schedulers flat-out SCREWED UP. What easier way was there than to claim a "medical emergency"... I say "FOUL" to that!!!!

Annoyed in Cabo (Day 2)

I saw that post today.

Holy Ignorant People!

I wish I was annoyed in Cabo right now.

On our last cruise on the Miracle we were in the elevator with two women. One said to the other:

"My husband wouldn't come on the cruise because he can't swim"....

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

This summer, in Dawson City (Yukon) I had a shot of whiskey with an entire toe in it. I have a nice certificate to show that I'm a member of the Sour Toe Cocktail Club

I too am a member of the club. Lots of stories around how it all got started but the toe you and I had is not the original. Along the way one or more have actually been swallowed.

Dawson was my favourite place in the Yukon. I lived in Whitehorse for three years

Sometime this fall some idiot actually swallowed the toe - ON PURPOSE!! They had to pay a hefty fine. So now they have a "new" mummified toe. The night we were there it was being filmed for one of those Alaskan reality shows. My drinking buddy was filmed having his drink.

caught my wine hostest drinking wine. something you do not do while working, unless that is your job to drink. the good thing about it is. it's not weird. :p

Read a post from someone complaining that his/her wine hostest was drinking wine of all things.

:D

Eat more BACON

Read a post from someone complaining that his/her wine hostest was drinking wine of all things.

Eat more BACON

We ALWAYS offer the server and/or sommelier a splash of the wine we BYOB. Some aren't allowed to partake, others can do so offstage, still others enjoy their glass table side with us.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Eat more BACON

reverse psychology I complained, wow! :D what's weird ????

lady goes in fully clothed in a Hot tub, in public, as her bathing suit, into ocean café. her beliefs.. you complain to high hell, right...

old saying, oh wait a second it's anchient saying two sides to the story.

:rolleyes:

When I become a seasoned citizen, I'll be the gal in the express check out lane with 100 goods, no ID, paying with an out of state check.:rolleyes:

Years ago when I used to work in a grocery store, I always worked the 10 items or less line. I would actually kick people out of line who had greater than the prescribed number of items. It was usually on a busy Saturday and there were always a few people in line behind these idiots. Many times the people behind the inconsiderate clods thanked me.

The other thing that always pissed me off were those who had not gotten the check approved on the machine that you have to use. Then I would stand there waiting for them to get it done. The people behind these idiots quickly figured out what the issue was and were never angry with me since they knew that it was a customer who slowed them down.

The third thing was people who came in with ONE item with the price on the item and were paying cash. When they got to the register, they waited until you told them the amount before they even opened their purse, counted out the change in pennies and nickles, and slowed the line down for everyone else.

Years ago when I used to work in a grocery store, I always worked the 10 items or less line. I would actually kick people out of line who had greater than the prescribed number of items. It was usually on a busy Saturday and there were always a few people in line behind these idiots. Many times the people behind the inconsiderate clods thanked me.

The other thing that always pissed me off were those who had not gotten the check approved on the machine that you have to use. Then I would stand there waiting for them to get it done. The people behind these idiots quickly figured out what the issue was and were never angry with me since they knew that it was a customer who slowed them down.

The third thing was people who came in with ONE item with the price on the item and were paying cash. When they got to the register, they waited until you told them the amount before they even opened their purse, counted out the change in pennies and nickles, and slowed the line down for everyone else.

Sounds to me as if you work in the wrong area of business (or you work at Walmart) with that list of complaints. (yes I have done retail BTW)

Many a time I had over the amount and have been called to the 15 or under line because no one was there at my grocery store. I would be in a long regular line-so sometimes it goes the other way. I am just glad some clerks are nice enough to see it that way-that they would rather check someone out with a few items over the # than to stand there twiddling their thumbs. Of course my grocery store has self check out and so most with just a few items go there-the 15 or under line rarely has anyone.

Now Walmart seems to attract customers that act that way, which is why I try to stay out of there. If you are employed there I feel sorry for you and do emphasize.

Sounds to me as if you work in the wrong area of business (or you work at Walmart) with that list of complaints. (yes I have done retail BTW)

Many a time I had over the amount and have been called to the 15 or under line because no one was there at my grocery store. I would be in a long regular line-so sometimes it goes the other way. I am just glad some clerks are nice enough to see it that way-that they would rather check someone out with a few items over the # than to stand there twiddling their thumbs. Of course my grocery store has self check out and so most with just a few items go there-the 15 or under line rarely has anyone.

Now Walmart seems to attract customers that act that way, which is why I try to stay out of there. If you are employed there I feel sorry for you and do emphasize.

Sounds to me you have not followed all the post as it was tongue in cheek not to be taken as real.

Eat more BACON

We ALWAYS offer the server and/or sommelier a splash of the wine we BYOB. Some aren't allowed to partake, others can do so offstage, still others enjoy their glass table side with us.

Why? They are paid to serve or help you choose wine, not to drink your wine. I would definitely not want either a server or a sommelier to plonk themselves on a seat next to us at the table and share our food or drink with us.

DON

Why? They are paid to serve or help you choose wine, not to drink your wine. I would definitely not want either a server or a sommelier to plonk themselves on a seat next to us at the table and share our food or drink with us.

DON

Well they are PAID to DRINK your wine. It just kind of fell out of practice.

http://www.chow.com/food-news/80910/why-is-the-sommelier-drinking-my-wine/

Depends on several things but having a good sommelier set at my table discussing wines would be time and a glass of wine well spent.

Eat more BACON

Edited by Anthony63

DON

Then you obviously know nothing about wine service and what a good sommelier can and will do for you. If nothing else it's common courtesy. If you are drinking fine wines in a high end restaurant, taking care of the somm will often get your corkage comped, complimentary Champagne, Port, or Sauternes, or any number of other perks.

Last summer we shared a First Growth and well aged high end Napa cab with a sommelier and found ourselves on a private yacht at a high end wine tasting at his invitation the next afternoon.

Edited by ducklite

Well they are PAID to DRINK your wine. It just kind of fell out of practice.

http://www.chow.com/food-news/80910/why-is-the-sommelier-drinking-my-wine/

Depends on several things but having a good sommelier set at my table discussing wines would be time and a glass of wine well spent.

Eat more BACON

That is wine that you have purchased and the sommelier is tasting the wine to ensure that the wine is good. The OP is asking why the sommelier is tasting wine that he has brought on board and has paid the corkage fee. That is different.

DON

That is wine that you have purchased and the sommelier is tasting the wine to ensure that the wine is good. The OP is asking why the sommelier is tasting wine that he has brought on board and has paid the corkage fee. That is different.

DON

No,it's not different. The corkage fee is to cover the service of the somm in serving that wine as well. Maybe if you are bringing a bottle of white zin you don't need the services of the somm ( and why anyone would BYiB something like that is beyond me), but if you are bringing your own bottle of fine wine, the somm will open, taste, decant as appropriate, and serve just as if you purchased from the restaurant.

Eat more BACON

Do you mean Hostess? or the Hottest Wine Steward:rolleyes:

Hottie she was, and who's complaining, mwah not a perfect world I just observe a little differently than others. :eek: ;)

We were waiting for the last couple to arrive for our table of eight. They finally showed up, took a look at us and the others and said, "You would think they would sit us suite passengers with better people."

Wow. You must have had Cousin Eddie sitting with you for them to make that type of judgement call about your status as soon as they met you. :eek:

Me, I would have started talking about how exciting it was that the crew let us come up past the Gate in Steerage Class to eat in the MDR on the first night. :D

Bob

I would have put on my own airs. I would have mentioned Uncle Micky Arison had arranged the owner's suite for us and that we had already been invited to the Captain's private dining room for the next evening. And, oh yeah, the line's head chef was on board for this cruise and was doing a private tasting menu for all suite passengers. Then when they said that they had not received their invite, I would comment about how they must have ticked off someone to be refused the invite.

But I digress.

I would have put on my own airs. I would have mentioned Uncle Micky Arison had arranged the owner's suite for us and that we had already been invited to the Captain's private dining room for the next evening. And, oh yeah, the line's head chef was on board for this cruise and was doing a private tasting menu for all suite passengers. Then when they said that they had not received their invite, I would comment about how they must have ticked off someone to be refused the invite.

But I digress.

I always say you have got to have fun with the ignorant snobs. (Let me clarify never with mentally challenged - just the ignorant jerks). I too would make similar comments just for the reaction. I know some wealthy people and you would never ever know that had enough to buy a new car by looking at them or talking to them let alone that they have many millions of dollars. I'll bet most of us do know someone but don't realize how much money that nice guy you talk to at your favorite restaurant is really worth. I even know a few famous people. They are the most down to earth people you'll come across. I've always found that the snobs usually don't have the money and are putting on airs.

I was talking to this one nice couple on a cruise years ago and it really didn't hit me until later what they said to me. We were leaning on the railing watching the wake from the ship and were chatting. They made a small comment in passing that they had just had a "boat" built for them at a boat yard in Washington State that was almost finished and they were excited because they could watch the wake from their own ship. It took me a bit to get that they were talking about a yacht. Very personable people.

The problem with the Mickey Arison comment is that the ignorant wouldn't get who you were talking about anyway LOL. You'd have to have spelt it out.

Edited by notentirelynormal

I always say you have got to have fun with the ignorant snobs. (Let me clarify never with mentally challenged - just the ignorant jerks). I too would make similar comments just for the reaction. I know some wealthy people and you would never ever know that had enough to buy a new car by looking at them or talking to them let alone that they have many millions of dollars. I'll bet most of us do know someone but don't realize how much money that nice guy you talk to at your favorite restaurant is really worth. I even know a few famous people. They are the most down to earth people you'll come across. I've always found that the snobs usually don't have the money and are putting on airs.

I was talking to this one nice couple on a cruise years ago and it really didn't hit me until later what they said to me. We were leaning on the railing watching the wake from the ship and were chatting. They made a small comment in passing that they had just had a "boat" built for them at a boat yard in Washington State that was almost finished and they were excited because they could watch the wake from their own ship. It took me a bit to get that they were talking about a yacht. Very personable people.

The problem with the Mickey Arison comment is that the ignorant wouldn't get who you were talking about anyway LOL. You'd have to have spelt it out.

Sort of like the cruise we were on and our tablemates were from the Great White North. I casually mentioned something one night about Red Green. Turns out they lived next door to Steve Smith on a lake in Canada and shared the dock with him. They talked about having him over frequently for dinner.

And about the yacht in Washington. One of my former employees was a owner of a small liveaboard in Washington. (if you can call a 40 foot boat a liveaboard.)

Edited by mapsmith