Has anyone heard weird complaints from other passengers about things?

quiksilver23

THE SUITE LIFE...

A lady, behind me in the Customer Service line, was very irritated.

She said to me, "There are no cotton balls in our suite!...

We've ALWAYS had cotton balls !"

I let her cut in front of me.:)

Edited by $hip$hape

A few years back; prior to having any type of cell service on-board; one of our table mates was making a huge issue about his cell phone not working.

After trying to explain in vain... Another table mate (who we found out later worked for a big international company) pulls out a satellite phone and says 'it must be just your phone, here, use mine'. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5C using Forums mobile app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisker92 View Post

On the bus from the New Orleans airport to the Mississippi Queen (a paddlewheel steamer) a lady in front of us spots a Carnival ship docked and asked, "Is that our ship!"

Sounds like a first time cruiser to me

First timer or not, I wonder how this woman was able to find her way to NO by herself ? Who made her travel plans ? How could she be so unaware of the ship, so as not to know the difference between a 800' ocean liner cruise ship and a 380' paddlewheel riverboat ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisker92 View Post

On the bus from the New Orleans airport to the Mississippi Queen (a paddlewheel steamer) a lady in front of us spots a Carnival ship docked and asked, "Is that our ship!"

Sounds like a first time cruiser to me

First timer or not, I wonder how this woman was able to find her way to NO by herself ? Who made her travel plans ? How could she be so unaware of the ship, so as not to know the difference between a 800' ocean liner cruise ship and a 380' paddlewheel riverboat ?

Maybe she asked the way. Maybe she's better at finding directions than she is at identifying paddlewheels on a ship that's alongside a dock and not fully visible. Maybe she has friends who helped out. (People who aren't all that clever often have friends - possibly more friends than people who don't make mistakes and like to sneer at those who do.)

I once spoke to a man who wasn't happy that he couldn't sleep at night - the sound of the sea was disturbing him.

(It was his third cabin of the holiday - he changed out of the first because it was under the ballroom, the second because it was a disabled cabin and didn't have enough storage space.)

I once spoke to a man who wasn't happy that he couldn't sleep at night - the sound of the sea was disturbing him.

(It was his third cabin of the holiday - he changed out of the first because it was under the ballroom, the second because it was a disabled cabin and didn't have enough storage space.)

Well, maybe the sea was bothering him and maybe there was noise from the ballroom and maybe he really needed more storage space and maybe all those things wouldn't bother you but they did him.;):D

We were at a table for 8 in the MDR and one of the guests constantly complained about her meal as she continued to eat it. When she had almost finished it she called the waiter over to take it away because it was terrible and ordered another entre. She finished off the second entre even though "it wasn't that good".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

On my Panama Canal cruise, I had a Cruise Critic door sign up, and a lady called my room to complain about the movies shown in the theater. They were too violent, sexy, cursing, etc--and she wanted me to write it up in my critique.

That is simply way too funny!

On around day three of a cruise, (nine nights on Celebrity Mercury to the Mexican Riviera in Feb 2007, if memory serves) approaching the front desk in the lobby to ask a question, I came up right behind a woman in a sparkly black dress complaining bitterly to one of the female receptionists that the dress code nomenclature in the daily program was unforgivably unclear. Evidently she had not understood the distinction between "semi-formal" (which was in the program for that evening) and formal night, and she had put on her best dress for nothing, and she was embarrassed to be overdressed but it was too late to change out of it now-- you get the picture.

The poor girl behind the desk didn't know just what to say to this, of course, and in any case, before she really could explain or reply, the passenger stalked off in a huff, still angry and unsatisfied. As she did so, in my best Billy Crystal / Fernando Lamas voice, I said to her retreating back, "But the important thing, darling, is that you look MARRVELOUS!"

This amused the put-upon desk clerk greatly, but I'm not sure the passenger even heard it.:rolleyes:

Edited by jeph

it was during a very early breakfast in the main buffet area on the ncl pearl last year. i'm waiting 3rd inline at the omelet station listening to the guy at the front complain to the cook. i hear... your not cooking it right,your flipping it wrong, thats not how u do it...blah blah blah. once he finally gets his eggs hes so pissed off. he started berating the cook and his competence as a chef.

You never tick off the person preparing your food.:eek: They may add something extra.

Don

We had a beautiful cruise in the Southern Caribbean on HAL's Noordam two years ago. One night they had a terrific barbeque buffet on the Lido deck. A woman was berating one of the staff members because horror of horrors, there was a line at the buffet. Can you imagine, she actually had to wait in a line to get her food!:eek:

On my Panama Canal cruise, I had a Cruise Critic door sign up, and a lady called my room to complain about the movies shown in the theater. They were too violent, sexy, cursing, etc--and she wanted me to write it up in my critique.

What you should have told her was to write up her complaints in detail, make 10 copies of the paperwork (by copies, I mean hand written copies, not copy machine copies), and then put them in the paper holder on your door. You then correct all the spelling and grammar errors on the submission, return it to her and tell her to do it again until she gets it right as you can not submit to the editors any copy with errors on them because the editors are really fussy.

They will keep her off your back for a while.

DON

A gentlemen on one of our HAL cruises was complaining at the front desk that he and his wife hadn't gotten any dinner. Since it was embarkation day and we had just sailed out of port (and it wasn't dinner time yet) I'm sure the young lady at the desk was as confused as I was. Finally I realized that he was talking about a PREVIOUS cruise - not the one we we were on. Unfortunately I was called up to the desk so I didn't get to hear what she told him. I told DH later that considering the number of places to eat on a ship if you didn't get dinner it's your fault.

On one of our cruises we (along with friends) were assigned to a table of 8, but one couple failed to show the first night. The second night (formal), a couple came by our table v-e-r-y slowly and kept on walking; we didn't know where they ended up. On the last night of the cruise we were having a nightcap in the Crow's Nest when we saw the "walk-by" couple sitting directly behind us. The lady who must have had a few more nightcaps, as she was a little loud, was complaining that they had to eat in the Lido because they wandered past "Table 56" on formal night and didn't like the look of the people there. Table 56 consisted of 1 RCMP officer in red serge, 1 city police officer in dress blues, a judge (resplendent in her sparklies :D), a professor in his tux, a director of eduction (in tux) and his wife, a local business owner.

We figured they must have been crooks :rolleyes:.

Smooth Sailing! :):) :)

:D Note to myself: Never put a Cruise Critic door sign on my cabin door!

LuLu

~~~~

Maybe she asked the way. Maybe she's better at finding directions than she is at identifying paddlewheels on a ship that's alongside a dock and not fully visible. Maybe she has friends who helped out. (People who aren't all that clever often have friends - possibly more friends than people who don't make mistakes and like to sneer at those who do.)

EXACTLY!

I have a friend like that. She knows that we will make sure she gets there, so she doesn't pay attention on the route. She knows we will remind her to book excursions and which ones and will walk her through it if we have to.

We love her dearly. Always have. Always will.

My second cruise was on Mariner of the Seas and my mother and I were seated with 3 older women from Scotland. They were on the 2nd leg of a B2B. They were having a nice time but were tired of being on the ship that long. Near the end of our cruise Hurricane Jeanne was threatening Florida. On the day the captain made the announcement that we were going to have to stay at sea an extra 2 days due to HJ we went to supper that night and one of the ladies looked at me and said, "You're probably happy about these extra days but I want to go home." My response was, "Yes, I am happy about it and next time you shouldn't book a B2B cruise during hurricane season because these things can happen."

We were getting ready to board the ship, standing in line in the port terminal. A lady in front of us started complaining about people smoking on their balcony.

I said to my wife,"Wait a minute! We are not even on the ship and someone is complaining about smoking already"