? about disembarking time

betmust

Depends on which ship you're talking about.......the bigger the ship,the later people clear it........

And while you have disembarkation in your title,I'm gonna ask anyone if they know what time the BR clears the ship in Tampa?? unlike you,I figure the cruise is over and I wanna get going..:)

Edited by PH8

This probably varies a bit but out of the cabin by 8:30 and off the ship by 10:30.

That's what we've found to be true.

The fastest on any RCCL ship for us was, strangely enough, Oasis. We were in our car driving home by 9:30. :)

LuLu

~~~~

That's what we've found to be true.

The fastest on any RCCL ship for us was, strangely enough, Oasis. We were in our car driving home by 9:30. :)

LuLu

~~~~

That seems late to me:confused:.........most ships I'm off by 7:30:D

On the Allure we did the "self-assist", walked off, got on the shuttle to the Park & Go and was getting on I-595 at 6:40am.....:D.

From the opposite side of things; we are in no rush to debark. Of course we understand that we need to leave in a timely manner since it is turnover day; not trying to max out the time of vacation, we just have no need to be first off to rush for a flight, standing in lines with luggage is not our thing.

Was hoping we could get showered, go to breakfast, and then remove our remaining carry on bags from the room by 9:00AM and pick a lounge to sit in until the lines die down. Is this a reasonable game plan for Allure?

From the opposite side of things; we are in no rush to debark. Of course we understand that we need to leave in a timely manner since it is turnover day; not trying to max out the time of vacation, we just have no need to be first off to rush for a flight, standing in lines with luggage is not our thing.

Was hoping we could get showered, go to breakfast, and then remove our remaining carry on bags from the room by 9:00AM and pick a lounge to sit in until the lines die down. Is this a reasonable game plan for Allure?

If I remember correctly (not 100% sure), but seems those that had late luggage tags had times around 9:00-9:30 range.......so if you ask for the latest tag I don't believe you will have a problem.

Sorry I'm not totally clear......we had a 10hr drive ahead of us so I was mainly focusing on "how quick can we get on the road".......;)

Staying on the ship late is NOT as relaxing as you might imagine. Any and all of that wonderful service you've experienced all week is conspicuously missing on departure day. They want you OFF the ship.

You will have to be out of your cabin early...usually by 8am. Breakfast is much earlier than normal and it's more rushed on that last morning. They want the ship cleared by 10am at the latest, as there will be oncoming passengers ready to board in about 1 hour!

You will find that they have disembarkation down to a science of sorts! Not as hard as you might think!

Edited by cb at sea

Staying on the ship late is NOT as relaxing as you might imagine. Any and all of that wonderful service you've experienced all week is conspicuously missing on departure day. They want you OFF the ship.

You will have to be out of your cabin early...usually by 8am. Breakfast is much earlier than normal and it's more rushed on that last morning. They want the ship cleared by 10am at the latest, as there will be oncoming passengers ready to board in about 1 hour!

You will find that they have disembarkation down to a science of sorts! Not as hard as you might think!

I don't need to rush to get off for a flight. What this means is I do not have to go eat at 6:30AM and drag my luggage with me in order to race off the ship. I am sure others NEED to and I certainly don't need to be in their way or have a stressed out morning at the end of my vacation.

I understand there's no activities or anything going on; this is not my first time at the dance. But I think if I shower up, go to breakfast, then return to the cabin for my bags between 8:30AM - 9AM and wait (IF there are any lines) in a designated lounge somewhere that should be fine. I'd rather sit quietly than schlep luggage through a snaking line. Me not fighting the crowds is not me trying to extend my vacation; it is me being considerate for those in a greater rush, and for myself to be as stress free in departure as possible.

If anyone here has personally been on Allure and has something posted of what time cabins need to be vacated that would be helpful. I would certainly abide by any posted times.

When I was on Allure back in May, they gave me a note that stated when to be at the departure lounge. Given that I didn't have any plane to catch or anything, the time I was given was 10am to be in the lounge for a 10:30am departure. Things were extremely delayed though and I didn't get off the ship until around 11:30am and didn't leave the port itself until around noon.

The process itself was very easy and straightforward. RCL really has this down to a science, and the reason for the delay was lack of customs agents.

I don't need to rush to get off for a flight. What this means is I do not have to go eat at 6:30AM and drag my luggage with me in order to race off the ship. I am sure others NEED to and I certainly don't need to be in their way or have a stressed out morning at the end of my vacation.

I understand there's no activities or anything going on; this is not my first time at the dance. But I think if I shower up, go to breakfast, then return to the cabin for my bags between 8:30AM - 9AM and wait (IF there are any lines) in a designated lounge somewhere that should be fine. I'd rather sit quietly than schlep luggage through a snaking line. Me not fighting the crowds is not me trying to extend my vacation; it is me being considerate for those in a greater rush, and for myself to be as stress free in departure as possible.

If anyone here has personally been on Allure and has something posted of what time cabins need to be vacated that would be helpful. I would certainly abide by any posted times.

I was on Oasis, and like you, in no hurry to get off. Not to stay on for the sake of staying on, but I don't want to get up early and fight the crowds. With that in mind, I was off about 9:30. The bigger ships are easier to get off. Even if you have an early "zone number" to get off, you don't need to get off. Anytime "after" then zone is called. I too would much rather sit in a lounge chair, drink a cup of coffee, and wait for the lines to calm down. Sense the line is a "steady line" it does not hurt the crew or yourself to sit awhile. The end result is everyone is off the ship about 10:00.

I was on Oasis, and like you, in no hurry to get off. Not to stay on for the sake of staying on, but I don't want to get up early and fight the crowds. With that in mind, I was off about 9:30. The bigger ships are easier to get off. Even if you have an early "zone number" to get off, you don't need to get off. Anytime "after" then zone is called. I too would much rather sit in a lounge chair, drink a cup of coffee, and wait for the lines to calm down. Sense the line is a "steady line" it does not hurt the crew or yourself to sit awhile. The end result is everyone is off the ship about 10:00.

Sounds about the mindset I am at. Do you recall if there was a particular time you were told to vacate the cabin by? I'd try to plan breakfast time to where I can leave my carry ons in the room and go back after for them.

Any and all of that wonderful service you've experienced all week is conspicuously missing on departure day...

Again, cb, a myth you've been perpetuating for years. I have never had anything but OUTSTANDING service up to and including the last moment I am on the ship. It's true that it is a busy day for staff and crew and they do want passengers off in an expedient manner, but please stop saying that service is non-existent on departure day. It is absolutely not true. This is a lie and I am calling you on it.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

OP here. Thank you for all the answers. I will be on the Oasis on March.

We usually get off ourselves first thing and use luggage valet. We generally have an early flight. This time it is 3pm. I figured we would have breakfast and hang out a little - get to the airport late morning, by the time we fight the crowds and get thru security, it will be time for a nice leisure lunch. Boarding will be about 2:30 so that won't be too bad.

One note if you are flying home from FLL, absolutely take advantage of luggage valet if your airline participates. Why? Well FLL has a rule (and this is for most, if not all, airlines) that no luggage can be checked in any earlier than 3 hours before your flight (some airlines it's 2 hours). So even if you take your time getting off the ship, you might have to sit around waiting to checkin. If you use luggage valets you get to completely skip that step and would even give you some time to do some sightseeing or get a nice meal before you get to the airport (food options are not great at FLL).

• 1 month later...

probably not the most desirable from their standpoint.. Breakfast hours are VERY limited.. and limited venues as well. no Room service, etc. they would vastly prefer you be out of the cabin by 8/830. we actually tend to stick with the continental that is offered in the suite departure lounge which tides us over til we can get off and find a real venue.

You will have to be out of your cabin early...usually by 8am. Breakfast is much earlier than normal and it's more rushed on that last morning. !

Exactly. On the last morning you are like a non-guest stuck in "limbo". There are people and luggage everywhere too. Nothing is open, pools are closed.

The only "relaxing" disembarking I ever experienced was when we were fogged out of port and they finally re-opened the bar at 11am.

We will be on Enchantment in February and want to use the "walk off with your own luggage" procedure. Never done this before - does anyone know what time that usually happens??

Last time we were on Enchantment, people started walking off around 7:45am.

Do they specifcally call for anyone who wants to walk off to go at a certain time?? if so, what if you miss that time? can you walk off at any time?? There will be 7 women in our group so getting us together will be a task! I'm ussually the one to give everyone instructions so I want to be clear on what needs to be done!

Do they specifcally call for anyone who wants to walk off to go at a certain time?? if so, what if you miss that time? can you walk off at any time?? There will be 7 women in our group so getting us together will be a task! I'm ussually the one to give everyone instructions so I want to be clear on what needs to be done!

I've not seen that self-disembarkers are restricted to a certain time period, but I could have missed it. It's best to confirm this with Guest Services once you get on board.

I've not seen that self-disembarkers are restricted to a certain time period, but I could have missed it. It's best to confirm this with Guest Services once you get on board.

Our experience has shown that those self disembarking can be the last off the ship. No one monitors to see if you have a luggage tag number or not. We usually sit by the Centrum on Deck 6 near Latte-Tudes so we can see the end of the lines coming. Bon Voyage!!!