Room Service Breakfast Tips?

Unless you're in a suite, eating in the cabin or balcony is tight....no real dining table. Standard balconies have a very small patio table....about 1 ft. square...not really suitable for eating, as it's about knee high. You may be able to eat at the coffee table in the room....but it's not ideal, either.

At any rate, you can order as much as you like...the portions are shown on the menu (2 eggs, toast, bacon, etc...)

The food is fine....same as you'd get elsewhere on the ship. Be sure to order EVERYTHING you need.....be it salt/pepper, sugar, cream, jelly, butter, etc.....

Unless you're in a suite, eating in the cabin or balcony is tight....no real dining table. Standard balconies have a very small patio table....about 1 ft. square...not really suitable for eating, as it's about knee high. You may be able to eat at the coffee table in the room....but it's not ideal, either.

At any rate, you can order as much as you like...the portions are shown on the menu (2 eggs, toast, bacon, etc...)

The food is fine....same as you'd get elsewhere on the ship. Be sure to order EVERYTHING you need.....be it salt/pepper, sugar, cream, jelly, butter, etc.....

Our balcony table on the Radiance was big enough to eat off of and it was a 'standard balcony' as you called it. We ordered breakfast once and not again as we found portions small and a little disappointing. Do not order toast it comes unbuttered and cold by the time it arrives. We did order yogurt, juice, coffee and sweets each morning after the first time and enjoyed that very much. Then later on we would go and have breakfast. Worked out much better for us. I found others were doing the same.:)

We will have a standard room, but it's a corner aft balcony, so quite a bit larger according to pics I've seen. That said, we camp regularly, so I'm OK with a plate on my lap.

How many slices in an order of bacon? Just curious.

You'll be fine if you are used to eating with the plate on your lap. We always look forward to breakfast on the balcony! We usually leave the serving trays inside, fix our plates and head out to the balcony. There is plenty of room on the table for drinks and a plate of fruit or danish. My wife usually orders bacon, I think she only gets a couple of strips. Sorry to disappoint you. :)

We fill out order night before and put quantity next to item. This also becomes alarm clock room service calls prior to delivery to confirm they have complete order and that your still in cabin.We like 2 coffees each so have to rt 4 cups ect

My family almost always orders breakfast from room service. Between my husband, son, and I, we get scrambled eggs, cut fruit, bacon, hash browns, pastries, toast, yogurt, granola, milk, orange juice, and coffee. You can order several servings of anything.

We also love to have breakfast on our balcony...Some that have had a negative impression of the food...all I can ask is...how often do you get to eat with a view of the ocean?...Everything doesn't have to be perfect when you have that view :)

We also love to have breakfast on our balcony...Some that have had a negative impression of the food...all I can ask is...how often do you get to eat with a view of the ocean?...Everything doesn't have to be perfect when you have that view :)

We absolutely loved the view, that is why we just changed the food. We sat out every morning and afternoon and most evenings as well. Wouldn't have an inside room as we love the balcony just too much.

I'm an early bird and up by 5:00. On days we were pulling into port, I would use the preprinted order form. I think the first time choice was 6:30-7:00. I would underline 6:30 and always received my tray before 6:30.

They also call just before delivery.

Have a great trip.

Don

Here's an example of room service breakfast taken on the aft balcony on Liberty of the Seas.

5739657082_a7200b7b9b_z.jpg

As mentioned, many ships that have been revitalised now have bigger tables similar to this, which we found far better for breakfast.

8736990230_96801bcbe2_z.jpg

We always find room service breakfast great if we have an early start for an excursion.

We order room service at least once every trip! We love looking at the ocean while we eat on the balcony in peace.

We do what some previous posters do... Eat with the plate in our laps. We usually end up with 2-3 trays due to just about everything being on a different plate, and all our different cups (milk, juice, tea, etc). We consolidate plates into one each, and then have a tray with the drinks, fruits, pastries, etc on the table between us.

I agree, if you want a certain number of bacon strips, just write down how many you want. They may think you mean orders of bacon, I imagine, but you can never have too much bacon! ;) (meaning, if you want 6 strips, it's possible they may bring 6 orders = 12 strips?) we always say we want 2 croissants next to the pastry option. That's it. We don't care about the other pastries. Usually we get two croissants. Sometimes we get two whole pastry plates. Oh well. :)

My tips are --

Preorder at night and just write down exactly what you want. If you put "4" next to "preserves" you might get 4 apple jellies. If you write "4 strawberry jams" then you will probably get it! It has always worked for us.

Also, my DW likes yogurt, so we order a few extra and then just throw them in the almost-cold fridge so she can grab one if she wants.

Most ships give you small pots of coffee when you order "1." It has maybe 2.5 cups in it.

The order form asks how many people dining. If you want lots of goodies and one or two to the actual number and they usually load you up.

PS---- don't rely on the phone call to wake you up (they usually call before they bring your food). It doesn't ALWAYS happen, especially the first morning.

Edited by mm1251

Any tips on ordering room service for breakfast? How is the quality? What are the portions like (we love bacon!)? Any pictures?

I love the idea of eating breakfast on our balcony. The only other cruise we've been on only offer continental breakfast.

2 ways: fill out the card the night before and hang it on the door prior to beddie by time with a predetermined time for delivery, and calling about 30-45 minutes before you wanna eat.

No such thing as too much bacon, but you might wanna specify/ask for 'extra' or a double portion. you will get the usual 3-4 slices if you order as part of a plater, but just as a side, not sure.

eggs benedict is best enjoyed on your balcony watching the sunrise. Mimosa's optional.

now if you are not in a suite officially your only options are what's on the card. UNofficially, you can probably ask for and get simple hot items not listed. many people have noted that they write in what they want and get it no problem.

We always order breakfast on days where there is port of calls.. Just easier and plus its a free wake up call because they call before they deliver :)

I beleive there is 2 strips of bacon per serving..

The table is fine, for two to eat there is not alot of room but it gets the job done

Was on the VOS 2 weeks ago. We ordered breakfast several times. The first time we asked for fried eggs which was not on the menu (we are not suite) and they delivered. The second time we ordered the same and it wasn't so we asked and they said fried eggs are not on the menu. When I told him that I got it previously and he said well its really to on the menu so we can't make it for you but if you like fried eggs you can go up to Windjammer and get the fried eggs and bring it back to your room. So on that mornnig, we didnt have enough breakfast because we had no fried eggs and they didn't replace it with scrambled eggs. And I got to say, every order, we had something missing eventhough we wrote everything down clearly. Some days we were missing cutlery, we were missing fruits or butter etc. Just from my experience with breakfast room service, I will only order it again if we are in port and have to leave for an excursion early.

We had dinner dinning room table mates that were 2 cabins up from us as well. They could never get the things we said we could get on room service breakfast. Was it because we tipped? Sometimes it is just luck of the draw. On the other hand we always tipped on another trip, and we were in a grand suite and the service was very different from day to day. If you don't like what you get, while I do hate waste, a quick trip to the windjammer, park cafe, main dining room, whatever, is so easy. I know the service should be good all the time, but you will enjoy your holiday better if you make the best of things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I could not agree more,sailing into port with eighty five degree weather.Who cares if the eggs are not perfect.From winter in New Jersey to summer in the Caribbean. :) :)

If you get room service, do you tip or is it automatically added to your room?:confused:

Any room service orders between midnight and 5am will be charged $3.95. This is supposed to include gratuity, but you can add more.