Bill we will so miss you

uktog

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed here, and I hope that the high esteem that Bill rightfully enjoyed on this forum is communicted as some small solace to his family and friends in their sorrow.

Bill was the consummate gentleman whether addressing individual questions and issues or communicating policy from head office. And, in a broader sense, I think he created the ideal template for role of Chief Blogging Officer. I hope that that was a real source of pride him and his family.

I also would like to thank Larry Pimental for providing us the opportunity to meet Bill in his capacity here. To a great extent he was the "face" of Azamara and was that constant link to the wonderful service we experienced onboard.Thus, in some sense he will always be with us, especially on our cruises.

I'm truly saddened to hear of Bill's passing. I too had no idea how grave his illness was and I had hoped to see him back here once again. He was truly a voice of reason and a very respected member of this forum. He will be greatly missed by many.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Hi Everyone,

Thought you might wish to see Larry Pimentel's "Tweet", along with a beautiful photo of Bill. One of the many things I love about Cruise Critic, is that we can write in great length when posting. While I'm certain that Larry cared deeply about Bill, I do not think that 1000 tweets could ever capture the essence of Bill, and just how much greatness Bill brought to our lives.

Here's Larry's Tweet :

Larry Pimentel@LarryPimentel @BillLeiber the talented chief blogging officer for @AzamaraVoyages passed away yesterday in California. RIP pic.twitter.com/oYJpGlwwmP

BdQSTotIAAAx2ZX.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

So sad to read this news. Bill was such a valuable part of this board, but my most abiding memories of him will be how kind, polite and level headed he always was here. My condolences to his family at this sad time. Andy, thanks for posting Bill's picture.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I cannot add anything to the heartfelt sentiments expressed already other than to say that as an Azamara newcomer, I always appreciated Bill's kind, clear responses to any and all questions.

My deepest sympathies to Bill's family, friends and colleagues. We have lost a real gentleman.

Edited by librarylady19

Very sad news, especially given how quickly the situation seems to have deteriorated and at the worst time of year too.

Bill was always a great help to a lot of the folks on here, I am sure he will be sorely missed by them and all of his friends and colleagues.

My thoughts are obviously with his family at this awful time.

Very sad to hear the unfortunate news about Bill's passing. He was a unique source of information to us all on the Azamara pages and will be greatly missed.

On one occasion when replying to a post of mine, he started his reply "Bout ye Norn Iron" straight from the Norn Iron Lingo dictionary, to say I was impressed with his grasp of geography, accent and dialect is an understatement.

The value of your input to the exchanges here on CruiseCritic was inestimable. You are already sorely missed. Please pass on my condolences to his family. A sad day for us all. Thanks again Bill for all you did for us. JB-LHR

All of your kind words about Bill are deeply touching. We will miss him dearly.

Larry Pimentel asked me to pass along his note about Bill's passing to all our friends at CruiseCritic who knew Bill:

"Dear Friends,

I've lost a dear friend who I loved. His imprint on me is forever.

It is always hard to pass on such news. I'm not even sure what to say. Our dear friend, Bill Leiber passed yesterday at about 7:30p Eastern Time. Bill passed at home in California with his angel wife Diane and his son Doug at his bedside. I'm sure he is in a better place. His passing was not painful. He was in the care of hospice.

No services are planned at the moment except for the family. I'll update you as I hear more information.

Bil Leiber, I will miss your smile, your humor, your careful attention to others! Most of all I'll miss a warm heart and a dear confidant."

We were so sad to read this news today. Bill was one of life's gentleman, he represented Azamara with skill and authority and also represented us, the Azamara cruiser with fairness and respect. He was such a valuable part of this board and will be much missed. Our condolences to his family at this sad time and we hope they can take some comfort from knowing that he had such a positive impact on and was held in such deep respect by the people on this board who come from all parts of the world.

Hilary & Colin