Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy

• Very happy
    • Somewhat happy
    • Somewhat unhappy
    • Very unhappy
    • Don't care

I like the new system we did stay Elite and are looking forward to moving quickly up to Elite +. I think they need more ways to earn more points. I just recently saw that they will give 25 extra points for booking a aqua class. They should also, give you more credit for the amount you spend during the cruise. As for people not advancing more quickly on the new system because the ONLY book inside , ov cabins they are not spending what they need to deserve all the perks of the higher levels. If you want the benefits you should have to pay.

Is this AQ benefit of extra points extended? Thank you. Someone mentioned an extension but I couldn't find it.

Nice to see that 2/3rds of us aren't whining about the recent changes. Apparently the rest of us are the 'silent' majority who don't see a need to come on CC to endlessly grouse about the program. If only the minority 1/3rd would learn to deal with it and move on. :(

Edited by fortinweb

I think the fact that they did NOT give extra points to their "loyal" customers who are just missing Elite Plus...or in my case with my paid in full cruise on Nov. 23rd which would have made me Elite Plus, speaks volumes. Clearly they don't care about their more loyal customers over their new customers.

Do I need, or even want the free stuff. Nope. But a little thank you for all of the $$$$$$ you have spent with us since 1990 would have been a nice. Instead, someone who has spent considerably less gets 25 bonus points.

Will I take this into consideration going forward? Probably. I'd rather spend my $15,000 - $20,000 a year on a line that appreciates my business. Thus taking one nice cruise versus two cruises each year.

Why haven't we done this once a year cruise in the past? Because, we both know once we taste something better...there's no going backwards.

We are now in the process of looking at an all inclusive European cruise this September. Any suggestions (or whom to avoid) would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Nice to see that 2/3rds of us aren't whining about the recent changes. Apparently the rest of us are the 'silent' majority who don't see a need to come on CC to endlessly grouse about the program. If only the minority 1/3rd would learn to deal with it and move on. :(

Thank you, thank you

I think the fact that they did NOT give extra points to their "loyal" customers who are just missing Elite Plus...or in my case with my paid in full cruise on Nov. 23rd which would have made me Elite Plus, speaks volumes. Clearly they don't care about their more loyal customers over their new customers.

Do I need, or even want the free stuff. Nope. But a little thank you for all of the $$$$$$ you have spent with us since 1990 would have been a nice. Instead, someone who has spent considerably less gets 25 bonus points.

Will I take this into consideration going forward? Probably. I'd rather spend my $15,000 - $20,000 a year on a line that appreciates my business. Thus taking one nice cruise versus two cruises each year.

Why haven't we done this once a year cruise in the past? Because, we both know once we taste something better...there's no going backwards.

We are now in the process of looking at an all inclusive European cruise this September. Any suggestions (or whom to avoid) would be greatly appreciated.

Crystal is awesome. I've done quite a few cruises with them and have never been disappointed.

I remain very unhappy, following the b/b cruises I am taking next week, I have gone from needing 7 more nights in concierge to needing 21 nights in concierge to achieve Elite. With that I fail to understand why I should be happy with the new plan.:eek:

I voted "don't care" as my status did not change with the new program. Yes, it will take me awhile to reach the next level, but that level did not exist before, so I have nothing to complain about.

Wish there had been a "didn't affect me" option in the poll, but since it had no effect on my status I considered "don't care" as the best option.

My thoughts also.

It's amusing that prior to the changes, the consensus here was that it was much too easy to reach Elite level, & Celbrity should do something to make it a more difficult level to attain, then when they do just that, there are those who say,"wait, I didn't mean it should be harder FOR ME to make Elite, just the other guys".

I am posting this against my better judgment. I know how some have reacted to this type of post on other threads, but I feel this can help us all to understand.

I received a call early this evening in a response to an e-mail I sent t CEO Bayley. I was told that Bayley saw my cruise record and appreciated my loyalty. Here's what I can say and won't comment or respond to questions or comments.

1. They recognize that there were some flaws in the system and that some were treated unfairly. They are receiving letters and calls and are continuing discussions.

2. Once the computer program was put in place it became impossible to make adjustments in points. I don't know enough about computers to that this is correct.

3. The rationale for the new program as I have stated in other threads and attacked for has been confirmed. Controlling costs and slowing the flow into Elite were major goals. They also wanted to send a strong message to their most loyal passengers. They view these people as valuable ambassadors for Celebrity.

My take: While posting on these boards may make one feel better, it will be more effective to let Celebrity know your problems and concerns. I would suggest that you not ask for any special consideration, just let them know how you feel.

I hope this helps.

I am posting this against my better judgment. I know how some have reacted to this type of post on other threads, but I feel this can help us all to understand.

I received a call early this evening in a response to an e-mail I sent t CEO Bayley. I was told that Bayley saw my cruise record and appreciated my loyalty. Here's what I can say and won't comment or respond to questions or comments.

1. They recognize that there were some flaws in the system and that some were treated unfairly. They are receiving letters and calls and are continuing discussions.

2. Once the computer program was put in place it became impossible to make adjustments in points. I don't know enough about computers to that this is correct.

3. The rationale for the new program as I have stated in other threads and attacked for has been confirmed. Controlling costs and slowing the flow into Elite were major goals. They also wanted to send a strong message to their most loyal passengers. They view these people as valuable ambassadors for Celebrity.

My take: While posting on these boards may make one feel better, it will be more effective to let Celebrity know your problems and concerns. I would suggest that you not ask for any special consideration, just let them know how you feel.

I hope this helps.

# 3.......are they serious? How did they show me, a most loyal passenger, that I am valuable?

Am I missing something?

My thoughts also.

It's amusing that prior to the changes, the consensus here was that it was much too easy to reach Elite level, & Celbrity should do something to make it a more difficult level to attain, then when they do just that, there are those who say,"wait, I didn't mean it should be harder FOR ME to make Elite, just the other guys".

Like!

I think if I had been very close to Elite and now was further away I would be annoyed, but not enough to switch loyalties as X is my favorite mid-level cruise line by far. The facts are that getting to Elite was so easy it was costing Celebrity too much too fast, and the facilities were having a difficult time handling all the Elite cruisers. I think it is much more fair to count number of days, as well as different points for varying levels of cabins, than the previous way. Hated how Floridians could jump on a bunch of 3 or 4 day cruises and get to Elite in a heartbeat (although I admit that I disagree with the thought that because someone spends more time and money on airfare and such to travel from afar, they should for some reason be better rewarded by the cruise line. Would we give European cruisers coming to the Caribbean more points than Americans - or vice versa when we cruise in Europe? To me it is the short cruises that shouldn't count as much, not how far one has come).

I admit to being very disappointed in the Elite+ benefits. Don't get me wrong -I still love Celebrity and appreciate the very nice benefits I have already been getting. So please, guys, no comments about how I feel entitled or ungrateful or better than anyone else. :):) But now that I have achieved the supposedly higher rank of "+" I wish there were benefits that better recognized it.

My thoughts also.

Maybe it's just me....but what good did it do making it more difficult this late in the game? Giving extra bonus points to those close to Elite wasn't going to stop the influx, either. Something isn't adding up.

We do mostly longer cruises as we live on the west coast. The biggest problem on our cruises has been over crowding in the sky lounge. Now that Elite and Elite plus will still be in the same area the problem will only get worse. We have not had vouchers on any of our 20 cruises with X. We will be on another TA in April and maybe they will use the vouchers then.

I probably missed it somewhere on this thread. If I was booked for deluxe veranda and upgraded to concierge class, do I still get the extra points for Captains Club? Or, do I not? Thanks so much

This was discussed in my call. Under the new program you will receive that points based on the cabin you booked, not the cabin you might have been upgraded to.

Maybe it's just me....but what good did it do making it more difficult this late in the game? Giving extra bonus points to those close to Elite wasn't going to stop the influx, either. Something isn't adding up.

They had to placate those who were very close to Elite, or the whining would have been greatly increased. If they took away perks, there would be a revolution. So they did the next best thing; they made it more difficult to achieve Elite. It doesn't help now, but it will in the future because the number of new Elite members will increase at a much slower pace.

I probably missed it somewhere on this thread. If I was booked for deluxe veranda and upgraded to concierge class, do I still get the extra points for Captains Club? Or, do I not? Thanks so much

Yes, veranda you get 3 points, and CC you get 5 points times the number of days of the cruise.

This was discussed in my call. Under the new program you will receive that points based on the cabin you booked, not the cabin you might have been upgraded to.

Are you sure? I thought it was the cabin you cruised in (the upgraded cabin).

Are you sure? I thought it was the cabin you cruised in (the upgraded cabin).

That's what I was told by a person as close to Bayley as you can get. I'm only talking about a free upgrade. This appears to be a change in the new system since in the past one would indeed get the points based on cabin occupied.

That's what I was told by a person as close to Bayley as you can get. I'm only talking about a free upgrade. This appears to be a change in the new system since in the past one would indeed get the points based on cabin occupied.

Sounds like they need to add this to the fine print on the website. This is a SIGNIFICANT change:(

They had to placate those who were very close to Elite, or the whining would have been greatly increased. If they took away perks, there would be a revolution. So they did the next best thing; they made it more difficult to achieve Elite. It doesn't help now, but it will in the future because the number of new Elite members will increase at a much slower pace.

Too late.

Already feels like the entire ship is Elite.

So if you booked an Oceanview GTY and were assigned an AQ stateroom, you only get the OV points?

Sounds like they need to add this to the fine print on the website. This is a SIGNIFICANT change:(

As I have been asserting: The new program is designed to reduce cost by slowing the number of those making Elite and then the higher levels. This is simply another tactic to accomplish the goal.

Tommy: Eric said that you'll be on SIL on the 18th. See you there

Edited by Orator

Too late.

Already feels like the entire ship is Elite.

So what should they have done, demote the lower half of Elites? They did the only thing they could have, & people are still whining.

But as the elites die off, there will be less of them.:rolleyes:

Edited by richsea