Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Captain's Club POLL- Are you happy

• Very happy
    • Somewhat happy
    • Somewhat unhappy
    • Very unhappy
    • Don't care

Celebrity has instituted a new program and I don't know why you picked the "handle" or screen name that you did, but the name does have a history:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

All the king's horses and all the king's men

Couldn't put Humpty together again.

I think that the poll did not get you the level of dissatisfaction that you felt.

Time will tell whether Celebrity will respond to feelings of injustice expressed by a few posters.

I think that the universe will unfold as it was designed to do and not disintegrate as a result of the change in policy.

Edited by ~Cruisenut~

“Those posters who don’t want to share the rewards with fellow cruisers should quit crying in the extra beer they feel they’ll miss and stop arguing other irrelevant items like ports or cabin changes, etc. For that handful monopolizing these threads, as nicely pointed out in posts 176 & 186 by Putterdude, have a ball with your future thumbs down comments to this and other posts which go against your personal interests in the program. However, please give the rest of us a break by posting new thoughts and leaving room on these boards for others opinions to be more visible.”

Just as you feel that some of our posts are irrelevant, some might feel the same about yours. I've got no personal interest in whether anyone makes Elite or Elite+ or Zenith, since I'm not yet Elite. One might say (the same as you said about those who have no problems with the program) to those that have a problem with the program and that is: please give the rest of us a break by posting new thoughts and leaving room on these boards for others opinions to be more visible. As you can see, it goes both ways and everyone both pro and con can voice their opinions.

Based on the letter that one poster posted, it looks like Celebrity is not going to be making any changes for those unhappy with the program.

Celebrity has instituted a new program and I don't know why you picked the "handle" or screen name that you did, but the name does have a history:

I think that the poll did not get you the level of dissatisfaction that you felt.

Time will tell whether Celebrity will respond to feelings of injustice expressed by a few posters.

I think that the universe will unfold as it was designed to do and not disintegrate as a result of the change in policy.

I think you hit the nail on the head!

Keep in mind many have said it is not important to them, that is fine. The Elites even woke up to find goodies like + and Zenith the group mostly effected were Selects who were a cruise or two away.

Reading this thread, it is the few who perceived themselves close to E+ and Zenith that have been repeatedly vocal.

How was Oceania? We are looking at Regent and wondered about the other lines like Oceania. Thanks!

In 51 cruises, I would say Oceania had the best MDR cuisine. Same company owns Regent. Pretty much an Adult environment, with experienced travelers, and small ships. Azamara is very similar. Oceania uses two renovated Renaissance Cruise ships + two new ships -- Azamara uses two renovated Renaissance Cruise ships. So Oceania's Regatta and Nautica ships are identical to Azamara's Journey and Quest.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

In 51 cruises, I would say Oceania had the best MDR cuisine. Same company owns Regent. Pretty much an Adult environment, with experienced travelers, and small ships. Azamara is very similar. Oceania uses two renovated Renaissance Cruise ships + two new ships -- Azamara uses two renovated Renaissance Cruise ships. So Oceania's Regatta and Nautica ships are identical to Azamara's Journey and Quest.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Thanks!!! Happy to hear the cuisine is great! Big foodies here!

I agree, we LOVE the new Zenith benefits:)

I am not really happy with the new point system.

Anyone who books inside, OV or balcony is swimming to stay in place.

I am considering upgrading from my Sky suite to either a Celebrity or Royal suite. Right now the web site price for the RS is 2X the price for the CS. Yet they both get the SAME number of points per day:confused:

Agreed. 1000 nights in a balcony to get to Zenith is pretty ridiculous.

1500 nights in an oceanview even more so!

Perhaps it should be called the 1% Club or Plutocrats Cove

Just book the Penthouse for 17+ nights and exit the ship as an Elite

I noticed that too.

It made some of the proponent's arguments laughable as they said "you could get to Elite too fast in the old program."

Reading this thread, it is the few who perceived themselves close to E+ and Zenith that have been repeatedly vocal.

Surely you jest. It's easy to see who has posted the most on this thread, and the winner by a long shot is 20pluscruises with 31 posts so far. And he/she is complaining about having to book more cruises JUST TO REACH ELITE.

#2 on the count list is NLH Arizona with 21 posts. He/she also isn't Elite yet, and isn't upset about the new program.

Another very frequent poster at the #5 spot is cruisingourmet with 10 posts. He/she is another poster who has not yet made Elite and is complaining about it being too difficult to reach Elite.

Clearly you are completely incorrect about your exaggerate claim.

Edited by boogs

Surely you jest. It's easy to see who has posted the most on this thread, and the winner by a long shot is 20pluscruises with 31 posts so far. And he/she is complaining about having to book more cruises JUST TO REACH ELITE.

#2 on the count list is NLH Arizona with 21 posts. He/she also isn't Elite yet, and isn't upset about the new program.

Another very frequent poster at the #5 spot is cruisingourmet with 10 posts. He/she is another poster who has not yet made Elite and is complaining about it being too difficult to reach Elite.

Before you call another completely wrong, you might double-check. 20PlusCruises has stated they are Elite. And I'll let them speak for themselves on what their complaint is, but from the many posts here and elsewhere on this subject, the main issue appears to be Celebrity not giving points based on how much spent. But not sure.

Always hard to know what posters are specifically upset about in such a volatile subject as this. I get lost in it all. Some are going to try other Lines because, although they say they care little about the benefits of the various tiers, they are angry over the new program. We all pick and choose for whatever reason.

Den

Before you call another completely wrong, you might double-check. 20PlusCruises has stated they are Elite. And I'll let them speak for themselves on what their complaint is, but from the many posts here and elsewhere on this subject, the main issue appears to be Celebrity not giving points based on how much spent. But not sure.

Always hard to know what posters are specifically upset about in such a volatile subject as this. I get lost in it all. Some are going to try other Lines because, although they say they care little about the benefits of the various tiers, they are angry over the new program. We all pick and choose for whatever reason.

Den

Hi Den:

Hope all is well. I wasn't going to comment, in fact seriously thinking about leaving is site. Just too much hostility.

Let me clarify. My objection, as shared by many, is not the program itself, but how the program was implemented. I won't repeat my arguments here as anyone can read my past posts. Let me just add this one fact. According to Donna, one of the very best CC hostesses, the new program was revealed to the staff a full month prior to the release to the public. This would have given Celebrity more than enought time to offer a transition period. And start counting points under the new program January 1st. This would have cleared out the vast majority of those who had paid in full since final payment is due 60 days prior to a cruise. Anyone who booked after the date the program was announced would have been under the new rules? This IMHO would have made for much less hostility. Of course some would be upset for any reason, but at least the problem with those booked and paid under the new rules would have been solved. I'm most surprised by the anger expressed by some and the lumping together of all of those who voiced objections to how the program was implemented.

I'm off to Connie shortly and then Reflection on Saturday. Guess I'm just one. Of the complainers who is not loyal.

I'll just be a lurker for awhile and will take a vacation from posting.

Celebrity came up with a program that they thought would work for them and the majority of their customers. I personally think they did a great job. They could have done a lot of things, but they didn't. Some poster think they should have done this or that, but they didn't. Looks like they are going to stick with their new program as announced and good for them.

Seems like everyone wants the line drawn where it would benefit them the most and forget about all the other Celebrity customers. If they drew the line at paid for cruises, then those with booked cruises would be complaining and if they included booked cruises, then those who wanted to but hadn't booked their cruises would be complaining. If they gave 60 days notice, then those who wanted 90 days notice would be complain. There is no making everyone happy and I'm sorry for those that feel that they were in some way ripped off by this free program, but it is what it is.

My many posts are due to a handful jumping on me about most of my comments...with the exception of the ones they know they cannot argue with.

Posters here have a right to feel how they feel without that same handful telling them over and over again they are wrong.

I come here to read everyone's opinion, good and bad.

I also noticed that when Hot Annie pointed out some of the same complaints as I had on my recent cruise...NOBODY told her she couldn't be more wrong.

Do I think Celebrity (today) is above the rest? Yes. Am I worried about the future cruise on Celebrity? YES!

I am Elite.

I have over 700 points.

I feel if you are going to give out 25 points...give it to EVERYONE. Even the guy with one cruise. I think everyone has a legit complaint on this fact alone. I also feel Elite Plus is not so much a joke as it is a slap in the face.

Celebrity is the one making me feel as "so you're a loyal customer...who cares", but the posts telling me how wrong I am feeling this way is just adding fuel to the fire. Which I did try to say a few posts earlier.

I have sent my letter off to Mr Bayley and will be happy to share when/if I hear back from him.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Before you call another completely wrong, you might double-check. 20PlusCruises has stated they are Elite.

I am Elite.

I have over 700 points.

It is obvious I was wrong. Thanks for pointing this out. My apologies for not getting the facts straight.:o

Unlike others on this thread, I am able to accept it when I am wrong or disappointed, and move on without making a big fuss about it. :D