Double Booked! Advice, Please!

AlexDouglass

The drama's over! Got a very nice call from Resolutions, and apparently the other party has agreed to move. I'm almost disappointed, as after everyone's excellent advice here I felt so prepared to horse-trade! Also, I suppose I'll never know what kind of deal the other folks negotiated, and I'm just nosy enough to be interested.

So thanks, all. I was never looking to wrangle some munificent settlement for what was in the end an annoying bureaucratic snafu (one, however, that I would think a good programmer for their web backend could preclude), but it was good to get people's perspectives and some ideas (such as OBC) that hadn't immediately come to my mind.

FWIW, the call was very warm indeed, and ended with "I know we'll be doing everything to make sure your enjoy your cruise," so maybe there will some gratifying little goody thrown in to make up for a day's agita. Or maybe there is indeed a CC reader in Resolutions!

I'm sure they will take of you once on board! Happy honeymooning!

Possibly or more OBC? It doesn't really matter as all parties concerned are now happy.:D

Since the S1 was the only suite with cabins available I suspect they are in a aft corner S1 with some OBC. Some of us would take a S1 corner aft over an AC suite any day.

AlexDouglass, great it was solved and you have the cabin you wanted! Very nice.

I didn't read it anywhere here, but I wonder how long it took until you were notified about the double booking from the time you booked. Was it with 24 hours or did it take longer?

Congratulations on everything working out!

Like you, I'd be curious to know what type of deal they got as well! :) I'm the suspicious type and I wonder if Celebrity made an error, that you were indeed the first to book it and they realized it, hence you getting the call! and keeping your cabin.

Either way, you have no worries now!

Yes it's great that you got the room you initially desired. AS on the hump is a great location, quiet and close to the elevators.

When going to Blu Roxanna is the hostess, make sure to request Jose from Honduras for your waiter, you will get great service. We spent 2 weeks with them in Nov/Dec.

While not on the menu in Blu the French Onion soup is available every night. It was some of the best I have ever had. Another trick is if the entree's don't look good they will generally make an appetizer into an entree. They also have an entree salad, on the last night it had tenderloin which was fantastic.

AlexDouglass, great it was solved and you have the cabin you wanted! Very nice.

I didn't read it anywhere here, but I wonder how long it took until you were notified about the double booking from the time you booked. Was it with 24 hours or did it take longer?

This was one thing I found troubling - I had been looking at our booking online and had noted a payment anomaly (it indicated an incorrect balance due; we paid in full at time of booking). I rang up customer service (loooooong wait) and the rep confirmed there was no amount due and took the opportunity to reconfirm our honeymoon "event" status. She also asked how we wanted the room configured (queen bed or twins) and had trouble getting the system to accept it. She said it was probably a glitch and she'd fill it in later. End of call.

A couple of hours later I got a voice mail asking for an urgent call back; I wasn't able to call 'til morning, and that's when I first heard about the double booking. It seems quite possible that if I had had no reason to check with Celebrity in the first place, I wouldn't have found out about this until we arrived at the port in Miami.

I'm crossing my fingers that that's the last of any problems with this trip and am fully focusing just on getting on the plane out of this cold!

Edited by AlexDouglass

This was one thing I found troubling - I had been looking at our booking online and had noted a payment anomaly (it indicated an incorrect balance due; we paid in full at time of booking). I rang up customer service (loooooong wait) and the rep confirmed there was no amount due and took the opportunity to reconfirm our honeymoon "event" status. She also asked how we wanted the room configured (queen bed or twins) and had trouble getting the system to accept it. She said it was probably a glitch and she'd fill it in later. End of call.

A couple of hours later I got a voice mail asking for an urgent call back; I wasn't able to call 'til morning, and that's when I first heard about the double booking. It seems quite possible that if I had had no reason to check with Celebrity in the first place, I wouldn't have found out about this until we arrived at the port in Miami.

I'm crossing my fingers that that's the last of any problems with this trip and am fully focusing just on getting on the plane out of this cold!

I have heard of this happening to others with the Celebrity site updating...they have all reported a happy outcome.

Have a wonderful cruise!

If that means dinner in the MDR vs BLU...yes, never.

Sorry, I'm one of those who find the quality of Blu vs MDR a big notch above.

It's so great we all have different opinions...BLU to us was nothing special and mediocre at best...we avoid AQ because of it...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No reason to be sorry.

We have enjoyed the Blu on two cruises. Once in AC and once in a suite. We actually liked it better when we were in the suite because we had select dining. We would compare the menus each afternoon and decide. We mostly dined in Blu. I visited a Royal Suite on our cabin crawl and it was awesome. I would gladly pay double, but I just cannot justify the 4 times up charge. I am surprised that you would give up an opportunity to cruise in a Royal Suite or above just because there is some very small probability that you might not be able to dine in Blu on a given night. Good for you. It is great to have choices.

Enjoy your cruise and Blu in particular.

It's so great we all have different opinions...BLU to us was nothing special and mediocre at best...we avoid AQ because of it...

You are so right! We met a couple in Blu who said they even preferred Royal C's main dining room much more than Blu.

" We actually liked it better when we were in the suite because we had select dining. We would compare the menus each afternoon and decide. "

But doesn't that work the other way, too? If you are AQ, and like the MDR menu better on a certain night, I thought (maybe erroneously) that you could opt for the anytime option in the MDR if that's what you preferred? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because we'll be trying AQ/Blu for the first time and are a little nervous about the widely divergent opinions.

Agreed.

The money I save in not booking AQ vs Concierge is nice! :D

" We actually liked it better when we were in the suite because we had select dining. We would compare the menus each afternoon and decide. "

But doesn't that work the other way, too? If you are AQ, and like the MDR menu better on a certain night, I thought (maybe erroneously) that you could opt for the anytime option in the MDR if that's what you preferred? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because we'll be trying AQ/Blu for the first time and are a little nervous about the widely divergent opinions.

On our last cruise, we booked AQ and had Blu.... We were less than impressed and decided to go to the MDR. We explained the situation to the people at the MDR and they had no issues in seating us. We did that for 4 nights.

And I agree with you completely....but I'd take the upgrade to a RS....BECAUSE when I was lucky enough to be in one on Equinox the butler got us into Blu EVERY night....so heck yes I'd take THAT upgrade....lol :D :D

Yes, you can also eat in the MDR (anytime option).

We also like to give Blu a heads up when dining in another venue so they can accommadate the suite guests who are on stand by for a seat in Blu

We also like to give Blu a heads up when dining in another venue so they can accommadate the suite guests who are on stand by for a seat in Blu

And we so do the same when we are staying in AQ. One of the best things about Blu is its ambiance. It is SO MUCH more peaceful...you can hear each other talk... We thought the food was great and the service far superior to the MDR....the servers are good there too but they have a heavier load of people and it is hard to give as personal service as we have found in Blu over 5 different cruises now.

But to each his own and its great that we all have choices.!!!

The drama's over! Got a very nice call from Resolutions, and apparently the other party has agreed to move. I'm almost disappointed, as after everyone's excellent advice here I felt so prepared to horse-trade! Also, I suppose I'll never know what kind of deal the other folks negotiated, and I'm just nosy enough to be interested.

So thanks, all. I was never looking to wrangle some munificent settlement for what was in the end an annoying bureaucratic snafu (one, however, that I would think a good programmer for their web backend could preclude), but it was good to get people's perspectives and some ideas (such as OBC) that hadn't immediately come to my mind.

FWIW, the call was very warm indeed, and ended with "I know we'll be doing everything to make sure your enjoy your cruise," so maybe there will some gratifying little goody thrown in to make up for a day's agita. Or maybe there is indeed a CC reader in Resolutions!

Happy it worked out for you!! enjoy your honeymoon!!:):)

And we so do the same when we are staying in AQ. One of the best things about Blu is its ambiance. It is SO MUCH more peaceful...you can hear each other talk... We thought the food was great and the service far superior to the MDR....the servers are good there too but they have a heavier load of people and it is hard to give as personal service as we have found in Blu over 5 different cruises now.

But to each his own and its great that we all have choices.!!!

Is Blu better (service and food) than the specialty restaurants?