Freedom-Can you scope out the dining room at embark?

Robinola

[quote name='Robinola']Is the dining room on Freedom open when you embark? Some ships have the dining room closed off. We like to scope out the room for a preferred table area when we board to have an idea of the layout.[/QUOTE]

Why do you want to scope out the dining room? Is there some type of benefit to doing this? Sorry if it's a silly question. I am a first time Freedom cruiser going aboard in April.

Yes, we have checked out where our table was on every cruise.

For the PP who asked why, it's because we find our table then rather than trying to find it in the crowd when we enter for dinner the first night. Makes it very, very easy to go in and sit down without having to ask or wander around with all the others trying to find it.

[quote name='BND']Yes, we have checked out where our table was on every cruise.

For the PP who asked why, it's because we find our table then rather than trying to find it in the crowd when we enter for dinner the first night. Makes it very, very easy to go in and sit down without having to ask or wander around with all the others trying to find it.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh ok. That's fair enough. I didn't know if there were good or bad areas to sit & by checking it out early you could request a move. We have booked the my time dining for the early sitting so I assume we just turn up at the right time each night & go to our allotted table.

[quote name='BND']Yes, we have checked out where our table was on every cruise.

For the PP who asked why, it's because we find our table then rather than trying to find it in the crowd when we enter for dinner the first night. Makes it very, very easy to go in and sit down without having to ask or wander around with all the others trying to find it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what we do, and why we do it.

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL], please excuse all the typos.

[quote name='Robinola']Is the dining room on Freedom open when you embark? Some ships have the dining room closed off. We like to scope out the room for a preferred table area when we board to have an idea of the layout.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have a choice on which table you will get.

Hi. We always go to the dining room as soon as possible once on board. We have late seating and want to make sure we have a large table. We have had to change tables several times because we have been put at a table for 4. We want a large table because if/when 1 couple decides to dine at a speciality restaurant, there are others to eat with. We love eating with a large, friendly group and we have always had fun people. There are DR staff at the door with seating charts on computers that they use to move people around. There is usually quite a crowd changing tables.

Margee

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]We have always checked our table upon embarking and did have it changed on one occasion. When we have had MTD I have even requested a certain table or location after we have checked out the area. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Robinola']What if it's my time dining and we like a certain area of tables for two?
Could we mention that and perhaps get what we want if we wait for it to open?[/quote]
Yes, they can give you a specific table if it's available. They can assign it to you every night if you wish.

[quote name='L33_RYM']Why do you want to scope out the dining room? Is there some type of benefit to doing this? Sorry if it's a silly question. I am a first time Freedom cruiser going aboard in April.[/QUOTE]We do every cruise too. On the Freedom last month when we saw our table, which was a nice window seat we realized they put 5 of us on a 4 table top. There was going to be no room and the chairs would be back to back with those on both sides of us. We asked to be moved and was moved which they agreed with our thoughts. They moved us to a table for 6 which was perfect and very comfortable. They moved 2 women & reduced the size of the table they originally had all 5 of us at.
Will continue to scope it out every cruise. :)

BonVoyage
Dawna

Yes, and they also have a Maitre'd station set up for you to change your table or seating time if you need to. Hours are posted in the Cruise Compass, but its usually afternoon of departure day, before muster.

[quote name='CruisinDawn']We do every cruise too. On the Freedom last month when we saw our table, which was a nice window seat we realized they put 5 of us on a 4 table top. There was going to be no room and the chairs would be back to back with those on both sides of us. We asked to be moved and was moved which they agreed with our thoughts. They moved us to a table for 6 which was perfect and very comfortable. They moved 2 women & reduced the size of the table they originally had all 5 of us at.
Will continue to scope it out every cruise. :)

BonVoyage
Dawna[/QUOTE]

Go on then you guys that are experience . Table for 4 (2 adults & 2 kids) on Freedom. Whereabouts in the MDR should I be angling for?

We also check our table location when we board. On Voyager a couple years ago, DH and I were cruising with my Parents, Grandmother, niece and her boyfriend. First night we went to our table located just inside the doors to MDR. Nice round table for 7 people, Perfect. Second night we get to the dining room there is another couple sitting at our table. RCL decided to add 2 more chairs.

What they did was the table was originally for 8 people. I am assuming that the other couple wanted to be moved from their original seating so they squished them into ours. We could not even pull our chairs away
from the table the legs were so close together. If you did sit there was no elbow room.

It all worked out, the Matre'd found them another table. Edited by SAS21