TV Channels on Solstice Class Ships

mrsafety

Its been over a year and was wondering if Celebrity added or upgraded their TV channels? Was on the Princess line and they now have Fox News and MSNBC and BBC instead of Headline news and CNN.

Karen and Jamie:)

Celebrity has:

FOX News

CNN

Sky News

BBC

TNT

TBS

ESPN

Eye on Celebrity (sort of a "snippet") of different CBS shows

CD channel

Ship channel (usually it is the front of the ship and you can see

outside)

I know I am missing the other tv choices.....but you can see

reruns of: Examples.....Big Bang Theory, Everyone Loves Raymond.

The one thing they do need to update....my last cruise was back in

August and they were STILL showing Katie Couric as the CBS Anchor.:eek:

you would think someone would change it to Scott Pelley.....

Edited by Lois R

Greetings

Just a note for the American sports nuts out there. The ESPN feed is an international ESPN, not the USA feed. There will be lots of football (we call it soccer), tennis, rugby, and even cricket. May not be what you are use to seeing back in the USA.

Good Sailing

Tom

Celebrity has:

FOX News

CNN

Sky News

BBC

TNT

TBS

ESPN

Eye on Celebrity (sort of a "snippet") of different CBS shows

CD channel

Ship channel (usually it is the front of the ship and you can see

outside)

I know I am missing the other tv choices.....but you can see

reruns of: Examples.....Big Bang Theory, Everyone Loves Raymond.

The one thing they do need to update....my last cruise was back in

August and they were STILL showing Katie Couric as the CBS Anchor.:eek:

you would think someone would change it to Scott Pelley.....

There is also an exceptional list of on demand movies that you can watch, pause, continue later, etc. It's very convenient.

Tom

There is also an exceptional list of on demand movies that you can watch, pause, continue later, etc. It's very convenient.

Tom

Hi Tom:) ahhhh...I always forget about those. Maybe because I

never watch movies from the cabin?

Dare I ask: is there a fee for the movies accessible on your cabin TV?

There were a ton of good movies for free. One of the great things is you don't have to watch a movie all at once. You can watch bits at a time during the cruise.

Tom

Interesting though that the languages change on some of the channels - as we approached St. Thomas, TNT began transmitting in Portuguese - very strange to watch an American movie on an American channel dubbed in Portuguese. Another US station that we get in English transmitted solely in Spanish.

I've never even turned the TV on while on a cruise :o I'm so darned happy to get away from all that but I do have to say that I've already asked if there will be any Olympics coverage while on our cruise (Feb 8, 14 nights so we'll miss most of it). No one could say but it would be fun to have a lounge with a big screen so we could all cheer on our teams - together!

Greetings

Just a note for the American sports nuts out there. The ESPN feed is an international ESPN, not the USA feed. There will be lots of football (we call it soccer), tennis, rugby, and even cricket. May not be what you are use to seeing back in the USA.

Good Sailing

Tom

During our 14 night Dec 28 Eclipse Caribbean cruise, our ESPN feed to our stateroom TV had many of the college football bowl games including the BCS Championship game. Alot NFL shows on ESPN as well (NFL Live, etc).

I've never even turned the TV on while on a cruise :o I'm so darned happy to get away from all that

I'm with you Jane!

I much prefer the port side channel, the starboard side channel, the theatre channel, Celebrity Central channel, the Tuscan Grill channel, and my FAVORITES... the Martini Bar channel, the Sky Lounge channel and the Sunset Bar channel! :D ;) :rolleyes:

(Some of the stuff I've seen on the Pool Deck channel should be classified as either "adult entertainment" or "horror.")

Edited by teecee60

I'm with you Jane!

I much prefer the port side channel, the starboard side channel, the theatre channel, Celebrity Central channel, the Tuscan Grill channel, and my FAVORITES... the Martini Bar channel, the Sky Lounge channel and the Sunset Bar channel! :D ;) :rolleyes:

(Some of the stuff I've seen on the Pool Deck channel should be classified as either "adult entertainment" or "horror.")

LOL!!:D:D Great idea!!

During our 14 night Dec 28 Eclipse Caribbean cruise, our ESPN feed to our stateroom TV had many of the college football bowl games including the BCS Championship game. Alot NFL shows on ESPN as well (NFL Live, etc).

Hi David:) those are "special events":D....yes, they do televise them;)

But if someone is sailing during a "non event" week? Then it would just

be the regular channels.