More dates?

When will RC extend cruising dates for next year. I think it is crazy that you can't book past May 2015. When they do, how far out will they go with dates.

Here is the link to last year's deployment dates when actual itineraries were released http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/13032659_2014-2015_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

When they are released it will usually cover May of 2015 to the end of April 2016. However, there could be exceptions where some itineraries would go further into 2016.

Here is the link to last year's deployment dates when actual itineraries were released http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/13032659_2014-2015_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

When they are released it will usually cover May of 2015 to the end of April 2016. However, there could be exceptions where some itineraries would go further into 2016.

I'm seeing 2013. Am I missing something?

When will RC extend cruising dates for next year. I think it is crazy that you can't book past May 2015. When they do, how far out will they go with dates.

This business model of not releasing dates early must work well for Royal otherwise they would have them out now if it made them extra money from these sales.

I was quoted from an email on board last month that Anthem will be on sale from February. Do not know which end of February.

I assume the boys in marketing in Miami will be preparing us with Anthem of the Seas countdown to the release of the cruises. Then the countdown to the opening date for bookings. Royal will take advantage of this free publicity as it releases info to the press and social media just a little bit at a time. :D

I cannot see them selling anything else until they take full advantage of the Anthem and Quantum by getting bums in beds and money in the bank.

I'm sure the marketing folks have convinced themselves that the suspense drives bookings, but I am a wee bit tired of this annual spring reveal. Reminds me of SWA and there every-so-often release of more flight dates. A lot of folks are zeroed in on their vacation time, either by choice or necessity. Seems like a better schedule is possible. Maybe release spring/summer 2015 in Fall 2013, then Fall/winter 2015/16 in Spring 2014 ??

mac_tlc

It is not just "marketing". They don't always know where they will be sending the ships. The economy changes, the demographics change, the demand changes. They want to leave themselves the flexibility to deploy the ships where they can make the most money.

It is not just "marketing". They don't always know where they will be sending the ships. The economy changes, the demographics change, the demand changes. They want to leave themselves the flexibility to deploy the ships where they can make the most money.

You are very correct. Classic example - look at the cruise industry overall with the European market. A big reduction in both cruise lines and ships available now v. just two to three years ago. Can't set a schedule in place too far in advance.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You are very correct. Classic example - look at the cruise industry overall with the European market. A big reduction in both cruise lines and ships available now v. just two to three years ago. Can't set a schedule in place too far in advance.

Yes, Europe was a huge attraction for RCL not too long ago. They went for that $$$. Now they believe Asia (China), is where the money is. The 3rd Oasis is said to probably be home ported in Hong Kong. The Chinese economy has slowed a lot and that bubble could burst.

Has to be very difficult for them to forecast out a couple of years for scheduling itins and ship deployments.

Rick and Deirdra