Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

Actually, I like just about all of those, too. But I don't really see how its any different than like a 'Weezer' or themed cruise. They are specific sailings. Sounds fun though. And dangerous (I agree) as there are already posts about seat hogging and fights almost breaking out for theater seats. They would have to sell tickets for sure. It seems like a good idea. They would have had to offer one pretty penny to get these acts to sign up for CCL, I would think.

I still wish they would fix their service in the MDR. I have for the most part enjoyed the shows on CCL (not as much as DCL, but enough) and the service this year all over the ship just really gave me a bad taste for cruising. Only DCL's superior service brought me back. I just like to have nice dinners with my family and friends, and that is one of the things I look forward to most.

REALLY pay entertainment:eek:Another Brilliant move by Carnival:rolleyes:

SO Glad we just made Diamond on RCCL. Just Off the Liberty of the seas and some of the best entertainment I have seen at sea

And it was all free

How is this an upgrade..... Lets recap everything over the past few years...... Platinum Perk Downgrades, Food Downgrades, Entertainment Downgrades, no new ports, ships removed from NYC, Baltimore, Boston, Europe, Playlist Productions, and now a list of D list singers. Sorry but it must be rough to live in your household if you consider the above a benefit

i LOVE CRUISING.....LOL

Seating is first come first serve.......this will be a nightmare. I can see chaos now. trampling of people etc. LOL.........well not to funny. I am not really interested in this but I am sure others will be. The cruise fare will probably be higher on these cruises

I wouldn't go out of my way to cruise with one of them, but if some of them were performing on my cruise, I might pay the extra to see them. Then again, I might not. Sort of a "meh". Sounds like it is on pretty limited sailings too.

Here is all your questions answered

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=CarnivalLive#q-1555543

I dont see this being on many ships the ones that hit catalina are only 3 or 4 day cruises out of LA , not worth going on that crappy cruise to see someone

But hey if these artists were on one of my ships i might see them or i might not , its not z bad option to have IMO

From the FAQ's

Will Carnival LIVE be featured on all ships?Carnival LIVE concerts will be aboard a select number of Carnival ships and sailings in 2014 that call in Cozumel, Nassau, or Catalina Island.

Bah! I wouldn't pay to see one of them.

Heck, I don't want to see any of them for free.

More room for those that do.:D

I'd pay $40 to hear Martina McBride sign one song! And if Trace Adkins brings his impersonator buddy I'm good for a buck fifty for front row and meet & greet but only if its on the first night or two!

Here is a plus

If you dont want to see the concert you will actually have more time in the port

Since the performers come on the ship just for the concert then leave before departing that port

Will the ship’s departure from the ports change on concert nights?On concert nights, the ship will set sail at 1:00AM. Guests will be allowed to enjoy the extended hours in the ports of Cozumel and Nassau, however due to the fact that Catalina is a tender port and tender operations are not available at night, guests must return to the ship as posted onboard well before 1:00AM.

Here's the official list of performers:

Chicago

• Foreigner

• Kansas

• REO Speedwagon

• STYX

• Trace Adkins

Ive seen all these, some 2-3 times and Except for Trace, it was back in the 80's:eek:

Edited by jonbgd

Can't believe that people are complaining how they don't go to concerts, therefore this is bad. Get over it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Me either but that leaves more room for me to get a seat hee hee. Keep complaining people. I think some people just get on here to complain. I don't think anyone told them specifically there would be something great for them. It's not costing them a penny so why complain???

I wonder if it will only be one performance per cruise.

This has to be Jennifer Hudson's worst nightmare. When Simon Cowell used to tell American Idol contestants during auditions that their performance was worthy of a cruise ship entertainer, well it has now become a reality for Jennifer Hudson! :eek:

Just read this on his Facebook page, although I no its not part of the big announcement.

"Those who want to enjoy the ports of Nassau and Cozumel and not go the concerts the ship will extend the time in port to 1am. There will be the usual Punchliner comedy club and deck parties and other live music offerings.

Cheers"[/b]

Edited by lady_cruiser

I was hoping this announcement would be an enhancement of their EVERY cruise entertainment, not just an extra cost option of a few select sailings. I'm sorry, but I'm very disappointed.

Yes that is how I feel. Not bad selections; some I'd pay a nominal fee to see if they were on my sailing; but I wouldn't pay a premium for a particular sailing just to pay a fee for the performer. I thought it was going to be an announcement for upgrades/changes to entertainment that would be seen on ALL ships ALL weeks without extra fees.

Carnival has run things like this in the past BTW, having select sailings with concerts, so this isn't really new or greatly exciting. Part of the thrill of a concert at sea is being up on the open decks, warm air, having fun, dancing. This offering is going to be in closed theater with seating. The theaters aren't conducive to the sort of energy these performers are going to bring to a show. So from that perspective I wish it was just built into the cruise price and that the performers did their show up on deck for everyone to enjoy. That would be an awesome atmosphere to share with 2k-3k people.