Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

Seats are first come first served. Riots will ensue. I will pass

My thoughts exactly. Been on 2 Superbowl cruises. Kick off was not until 3:25 pm. Lines were forming outside main theater at 9 am. Theater opened at noon and was full in 10 minutes. Some in line didn't get a seat. Picture the seat saving in one of these concerts.

Why are you shocked? These are mostly 80's bands. Just another way for Carnival to make money and take up space in the theater where the FREE shows are normally held. This announcement is BEYOND disappointing.

I think the problem is we were all expecting some major enhancement to their every cruise entertainment... and what we got is something that does nothing for the vast majority of us AND is an extra cost item. I'm sorry, I was refreshing my Facebook feed with the rest of you hoping for something exciting to entice me back onto a Carnival ship, but this is so disappointing. Just shows they don't care about their average cruise to cruise experience. They'll make a lot of money off of these few specialty cruises and will laugh all the way to the bank.

Never ceases to amaze me: no matter what Carnival does to make the cruise experience more lively, there's always someone waiting to express how disappointed they are with the "cutbacks" and "downgrades".

I agree. Just don't buy the tickets if the band isn't for you. Too many moaners around here...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Q: Will the ship’s departure from the ports change on concert nights?

A: On concert nights, the ship will set sail at 1:00AM. Guests will be allowed to enjoy the extended hours in the ports of Cozumel and Nassau, however due to the fact that Catalina is a tender port and tender operations are not available at night, guests must return to the ship as posted onboard well before 1:00AM.

Does this mean that itineraries are going to change?

Carnival has run things like this in the past BTW, having select sailings with concerts, so this isn't really new or greatly exciting. Part of the thrill of a concert at sea is being up on the open decks, warm air, having fun, dancing. This offering is going to be in closed theater with seating. The theaters aren't conducive to the sort of energy these performers are going to bring to a show. So from that perspective I wish it was just built into the cruise price and that the performers did their show up on deck for everyone to enjoy. That would be an awesome atmosphere to share with 2k-3k people.

Exactly...

This is from John Heald facebook post:

In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year.

“Onboard entertainment is an important part of the overall guest experience when cruising,” said Mark Tamis, senior vice president of guest operations for Carnival Cruise Lines. “With the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, our guests will enjoy an exclusive performance with one of their favorite artists for an extraordinary value. Combined with our enhanced house bands fleetwide, this is just another example of the many ways we are constantly looking to create even more fun and memorable moments for our guests.”

"In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year."

Here's the announcement posted 4 minutes ago on JH's FB page:

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES ANNOUNCES ‘CARNIVAL LIVE CONCERT SERIES’ BRINGING THE BEST IN LIVE MUSIC TO THE SEAS;

ALSO INTRODUCING MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS TO SHIPBOARD HOUSE BANDS

Jennifer Hudson, Lady Antebellum, Daughtry, Martina McBride, Chicago, Jewel

And Many More Confirmed For 2014 Performances

MIAMI (January 22, 2014) – Turn up the volume live music fans! Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled a new entertainment offering to bring the best in live music to the seas. A first-of-its-kind experience in the cruise industry, the Carnival LIVE Concert Series offers Carnival guests the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive onboard performance by a diverse roster of popular music artists while ships are docked at select ports of call.

Carnival has booked 49 performance dates for the 2014 concert series with the following artists:

· 38 Special

· Chicago

· Daughtry

· Foreigner

· Gavin DeGraw

· Jennifer Hudson

· Jewel

· Kansas

· Lady Antebellum

· LeAnn Rimes

· Martina McBride

· Olivia Newton-John

· REO Speedwagon

· STYX

· Trace Adkins

“Performing live is one of my favorite things,” said GRAMMY® Award-winner, Jennifer Hudson at an exclusive launch event for Carnival LIVE in New York City on January 22. “I’m excited to be part of this unique concert series that will allow me to interact with my fans in such an intimate and memorable setting.”

In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year.

“Onboard entertainment is an important part of the overall guest experience when cruising,” said Mark Tamis, senior vice president of guest operations for Carnival Cruise Lines. “With the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, our guests will enjoy an exclusive performance with one of their favorite artists for an extraordinary value. Combined with our enhanced house bands fleetwide, this is just another example of the many ways we are constantly looking to create even more fun and memorable moments for our guests.”

Tamis added, “The Carnival LIVE 2014 Concert Series is also a great tool for our travel agent partners, providing an additional feature at a great value that can be promoted when selling Carnival cruises.”

Beginning in April 2014, Carnival LIVE concerts will take place on board eight Carnival ships that call in the following ports: Cozumel, Mexico; Nassau, the Bahamas; and Catalina Island, California. Artists will join the ship while in port, perform in the main show lounge that evening, and debark following their show.

Tickets cost $20-40 each and a limited number of VIP tickets are also available for each show for $100-$150 each. The VIP experience includes an artist meet and greet, photo opportunity, seating in the first three rows and a commemorative laminated concert pass. All tickets can be purchased through Carnival’s online Shore Excursion System prior to sailing, or on board participating ships at the Shore Excursion Desk based on availability.

Beginning today, consumers can visit http://www.carnival.com/CarnivalLive to view the full list of 2014 Carnival LIVE concert dates

I wonder if it will only be one performance per cruise.

This has to be Jennifer Hudson's worst nightmare. When Simon Cowell used to tell American Idol contestants during auditions that their performance was worthy of a cruise ship entertainer, well it has now become a reality for Jennifer Hudson! :eek:

According to the FAQ's, it's 1 performance only but the performers disembark the ship before it sets sail. They will not be sailing with passengers.

I think the problem is we were all expecting some major enhancement to their every cruise entertainment... and what we got is something that does nothing for the vast majority of us AND is an extra cost item. I'm sorry, I was refreshing my Facebook feed with the rest of you hoping for something exciting to entice me back onto a Carnival ship, but this is so disappointing. Just shows they don't care about their average cruise to cruise experience. They'll make a lot of money off of these few specialty cruises and will laugh all the way to the bank.

Per the announcement on John's Facebook page:

"In addition to the Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival is also enhancing its popular shipboard house bands. The bands will feature both male and female lead singers, a more choreographed, themed and diverse set list, and increased interaction with guests. Nine Carnival ships currently feature the new bands, with implementation across the full fleet over the course of this year."

...included in your cruise fare : ) Nice!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

You guys will continue to be disappointed until you accept the fact that carnival wants to remain the lowest cost cruising option, and if they add enhancements you're asking for, it would be impossible without raising fares. And then you'd b1tch about that.

I for one, think they're doing fine within these restrictions. There are other lines with better everything, at higher prices. Go - enjoy.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Bah! I wouldn't pay to see one of them.

Heck, I don't want to see any of them for free.

More room for those that do.:D

Like!

Wait until we start sailing on ships full of fans of these acts and they are the teeny bopper type of act. Time to try another line I think after my next cruise.

Edited by heatherbelle

Anyone see a schedule of what artists are on what cruises?

Went looking to see if my cruise was one of the ones included. Here's what I found:

STYX: 4/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

STYX: 4/8/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Kansas: 4/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 4/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Foreigner: 5/9/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Foreigner: 5/10/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

Olivia Newton-John: 6/27/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Olivia Newton-John: 6/28/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

38 Special: 9/6/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

38 Special: 9/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 9/23/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 9/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/29/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/30/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 10/13/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 10/14/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/28/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/29/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/13/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/14/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 11/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 11/25/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Daughtry: 12/3/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Daughtry: 12/4/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

REO: 12/17/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Edited by arf2005

Having read the same as the post above re: big entertainment announcements.

Maybe the steel drum bands and sail away parties are coming back along with some other fun goodies.

Yeah but those things were free and EVERYONE could enjoy them. Why do that when you can charge for something that only a small portion of the guests can ever see even if they wanted to?

I wonder if it will only be one performance per cruise.

This has to be Jennifer Hudson's worst nightmare. When Simon Cowell used to tell American Idol contestants during auditions that their performance was worthy of a cruise ship entertainer, well it has now become a reality for Jennifer Hudson! :eek:

Really funny, Tapi! (I remember that, too!) Although, no one can deny her talent, but it is a funny example of going full circle...

Went looking to see if my cruise was one of the ones included. Here's what I found:

STYX: 4/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

STYX: 4/8/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Kansas: 4/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 4/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Foreigner: 5/9/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Foreigner: 5/10/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

Olivia Newton-John: 6/27/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Olivia Newton-John: 6/28/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Ecstasy

38 Special: 9/6/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

38 Special: 9/7/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 9/23/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Kansas: 9/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/29/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

STYX: 9/30/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 10/13/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 10/14/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/28/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Leann Rimes: 10/29/2014 Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/13/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Kansas: 11/14/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

Trace Adkins: 11/24/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Trace Adkins: 11/25/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

Daughtry: 12/3/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Daughtry: 12/4/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/15/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fantasy

REO: 12/16/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Sensation

REO: 12/17/2014 in Nassau, The Bahamas on Carnival Fascination

Ahh but where are the West coast cruises? Will Ca cruisers be left in the dark again?

I would love to see Chicago

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

In all fairness, this is another OPTION. It wont make anybody's cruise worse but it can DEFINTELY make it better for a lot of people.

That's what modern cruising is all about: Options! :)

Per the announcement on John's Facebook page:

Thanks for posting. I applaud any effort to improve their existing entertainment. However, I'm not sure how much of an improvement this is over their existing product (??). 9 ships apparently already have these bands, and the house band on my last cruise on the Carnival Breeze was already outstanding. They were not the problem with the entertainment on that ship at all.