Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

The TA would be low yield, but the Panama and trans Pacifics aren't. Check out the prices on the Hawaii - Sydney cruises ;) . There is currently only Radiance doing TPs in 2015 given Rhapsody's redeployment. I believe they would have no problem selling an Explorer TP on good yield.

The needed modifications to Explorer are what makes it less likely imho. Anything's possible though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The TA might be low yield but the biggest cruise ship thru the Panama Canal will not be!

I am basing my information on the Explorer of the Seas appearing in Europe ports cruise ship visits until approx 9 October 2015.

I am only filling the missing gaps Barcelona 9 October 2015 and Dunedin 23 November 2015. It is possible Royal have used fake names for bookings.

Explorer has just replaced Adventure on several Med itins, so if a Panama repo of a Voyager class ship to Australia is on the cards, Adventure is a possibility. We haven't worked out what the plans are, apart from some apparent but unconfirmed Canaries and Portugal itins if I remember correctly. No maintenance is currently scheduled on Adventure to my knowledge though, apart from a propulsion pod that now needs to be fixed. :)

I am basing my information on the Explorer of the Seas appearing in Europe ports cruise ship visits until approx 9 October 2015.

I am only filling the missing gaps Barcelona 9 October 2015 and Dunedin 23 November 2015. It is possible Royal have used fake names for bookings.

The pdf file I pulled up for Sydney still shows the booking on the 28th Novmeber an overnight for Rhapsody. Does Explorer show up somewhere else?

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/30396/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v294_26_Mar_2014.pdf

The pdf file I pulled up for Sydney still shows the booking on the 28th Novmeber an overnight for Rhapsody. Does Explorer show up somewhere else?

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/30396/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v294_26_Mar_2014.pdf

Rhapsody's name is being used as a placeholder for another ship.

The TA might be low yield but the biggest cruise ship thru the Panama Canal will not be!

This is providing the new sections of the canal are open because Explorer won't fit in the old locks. We went through the Panama Canal on Infinity in December and she just fits in the current locks and I'm pretty sure she is quite a bit smaller than Explorer. There was still a major amount of work to be done before the new sections open.

J

Grandeur now has cruise being loaded. Sailings up until April 2016 are now showing. Dates and itineraries but no pricing.

Hoping for other ships as well.

that's 5 ships down, 17 more to go.

I hope that's not all for the Caribbean deployments this week =|

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

This is providing the new sections of the canal are open because Explorer won't fit in the old locks. We went through the Panama Canal on Infinity in December and she just fits in the current locks and I'm pretty sure she is quite a bit smaller than Explorer. There was still a major amount of work to be done before the new sections open.

J

Yes, and there is a recent article on r e u t e r s . c o m saying completion of the explansion is now delayed until at least Dec 2015. Even that timeframe is highly optimistic if the project's track record thus far is any indication.

Think we have to assume no Voyager class transits possible until well into 2016.

Yes, and there is a recent article on r e u t e r s . c o m saying completion of the explansion is now delayed until at least Dec 2015. Even that timeframe is highly optimistic if the project's track record thus far is any indication.

Think we have to assume no Voyager class transits possible until well into 2016

thanks Geoff

It is certainly odd with how Dunedin fits in the equation for Explorer if Barcelona 9 October 2015 and Dunedin 23 November 2015 are both correct.

thanks Geoff

It is certainly odd with how Dunedin fits in the equation for Explorer if Barcelona 9 October 2015 and Dunedin 23 November 2015 are both correct.

Yes. You recently suggested that we might get Adventure instead. Based on known port calls she's only committed as far out as northern summer 2015 (Canaries/Portugal From memory). Would RCI intentionally obfuscate by registering Explorer in Dunedin if they intend to send Adventure?

Explorer 45 day repo Barcelona to Dunedin seems workable if a little odd. Entry via Fremantle and scoot across the southern ocean, thereby skipping Darwin, Cairns, Airlie, Brisbane?

[quote name=Explorer 45 day repo Barcelona to Dunedin seems workable if a little odd. Entry via Fremantle and scoot across the southern ocean, thereby skipping Darwin, Cairns, Airlie, Brisbane?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Fremantle ports currently showing a 3 Nov Rhapsody placeholder and a 17 Nov Radiance visit.

Fremantle ports currently showing a 3 Nov Rhapsody placeholder and a 17 Nov Radiance visit.

Royal has had that 3 November 2015 booking in Fremantle now for at least 6 months in Rhapsody name.

Geoff both of us are keen to know what the repositioning moves are to Australia or Asia but I think we will have to wait and let Royal play the game. Galveston, San Juan, Asia, Australia and the extra UK movements they love to keep secret and send out false leads. They are a company to make $$$ and these games must make money or they would not play them.

Yes, and there is a recent article on r e u t e r s . c o m saying completion of the explansion is now delayed until at least Dec 2015. Even that timeframe is highly optimistic if the project's track record thus far is any indication. Think we have to assume no Voyager class transits possible until well into 2016.

I was at the locks this past Nov. Had dinner with Capt Srecko Ban of the Vision along side the head administrator of the new locks... I don't think there's no way possible the new locks will be finished in only 2 years.... I give them at least 5 years minimum. Do a search of these boards of the various discussions.

We also discussed the ability for bigger ships to come through when finally completed... the new locks wont be the issue (Oasis can fit in them), it's the bridge of Americas the ships cannot fit under. Voyager Class cannot fit under the bridge, and likely not even at low tide. Don't count on any Voyager Class or larger coming through the Panama Canal anytime soon... that's why Mariner had to go around South America just a short 5 years ago in 2009

Think we have to assume no Voyager class transits possible until well into 2016.

There has been this discussion before concerning the Voyager class and the Panama Canal. Right now there is another problem that has to be"solved" not withstanding the expansion locks opening date. Presently the max air draft that is permitted under the Bridge of Americas is 205' depending on the tide. The Voyager class has an air draft of somewhere around 209'... in an absolute physical sense it is possible for the ship to clear because there is a large swing in the tides. Royal may also be able to trim the air draft inexpensively and the Canal could waive their limits... or a combination of the two to get the ship through the Canal. Looks like there are too many "ifs" before we see the Explorer or similar take the trip Down Under via the Canal.

Southern caribbean on SERENADE are already released.

Similar to those of LEGEND 2014/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yep! And I'm booked!! B2B on Serenade 2/16-3/16!! Corner aft!! Woo Hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app