NCL Ships on Google/Apple Maps

KeithJenner

I was just looking at Barcelona on Apple Maps and noticed that on the satellite view the Epic is in port.

It reminded me that on Google Maps, if you zoom right in on Seattle you can see the Pearl there.

Just checked Miami and the Epic is there as well on Apple Maps. This one is particularly good as it is in 3D so you effectively get a 3D model of the Epic.

Has anyone else found any NCL ships in port anywhere.

I was just looking at Barcelona on Apple Maps and noticed that on the satellite view the Epic is in port.

It reminded me that on Google Maps, if you zoom right in on Seattle you can see the Pearl there.

Just checked Miami and the Epic is there as well on Apple Maps. This one is particularly good as it is in 3D so you effectively get a 3D model of the Epic.

Has anyone else found any NCL ships in port anywhere.

I found the Star in Copenhagen. At least I think its the star. Its a norwegian ship anyway. It doesnt go into street view there.

The following are on Google Maps:

Not sure if its an NCL ship or not, but in Cartegna, Colombia there is a cruise ship of some sort.

Puerto Vallarta there are two ships - again no idea if they are NCL or not. And actually one of them looks like the same ship that you can see very fuzzily in Cartegna.

There is a cruise ship in the panama canal heading north (to the atlantic) just before Gutan Lake.

Those are the only ones I've found so far when we were tracing our steps from the Panama Canal trip with some friends.

These things change as maps are updated, but right now you can find the Pride of America in Hilo. If you zoom in, you'll see that the crew has lowered all of the lifeboats and are driving them around in circles off the starboard side of the ship.

LOL yes. I guess I thought some folks thought they were.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wasn't the impression I got. It sounded to me like people were just saying that they could see these ships by looking at the maps for these cities. Nobody thought the maps were live until someone pointed out that the ships were actually in other places. For example, the Pride of America might actually be in Kauai today, but it appears on the Google Map for Hilo since that is where it was when the photo was taken.

If I actually thought the Epic was in both Barcelona and Miami today then I probably wouldn't be safe to allow on a ship by myself. :)

Ok thanks. Yes, they are cool. I have looked up my house before as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The following are on Google Maps:

Not sure if its an NCL ship or not, but in Cartegna, Colombia there is a cruise ship of some sort.

Puerto Vallarta there are two ships - again no idea if they are NCL or not. And actually one of them looks like the same ship that you can see very fuzzily in Cartegna.

There is a cruise ship in the panama canal heading north (to the atlantic) just before Gutan Lake.

Those are the only ones I've found so far when we were tracing our steps from the Panama Canal trip with some friends.

• Princess Grand Class (specifically Diamond/Sapphire) and Holland America Vista Class in Puerto Vallarta

• Princess Coral Class heading into Gatun Lake.

• Holland America S-Class in Cartagena.

• Princess Grand Class (specifically Diamond/Sapphire) and Holland America Vista Class in Puerto Vallarta

• Princess Coral Class heading into Gatun Lake.

• Holland America S-Class in Cartagena.

WOW you know your ships! :eek:

We just thought it was cool that we had found them on google maps!

Nobody had mentioned it yet, so I will.

Even though it is not a NCL ship you can see the Concordia on it's side next to some island. (don't remember the name). It is about the second pic of it, first it was just the ship, now you see the equipment used to pull it upright.

i am confused. Poa is on kauai today. Are not both the epic and star in the western hemisphere?

Sent using the cruise critic forums app

lmao

If you zoom into 19075 you can see me wave

Edited by Laszlo

• 3 years later...