Princess vs Celebrity, my personal opinions....

Ebvette

Oh, Mom. There you go confusing things.:p:p My original point was that for ME (and I made it clear that tastes do differ) there was not much difference between the two lines in question. There still isn't, as far as I'm concerned. For some reason a poster took umbrage at my opinion. Why?, I don't know, as it was clearly an opinion which criticized neither line or perhaps criticized them equally. It's clear to me that some posters adopt a cruise line and woe unto him who makes even the most gentle negative observation.

I've taken about 20 cruises on Princess and 15 or so on Celebrity. I do not need an unscientific poll to guide me in my choices, no matter whose poll it is; I trust my own eyes and my own experiences. CC is great for whiling away the hours on a lazy day, or for seeking specific information about a variety of things, but I do not let its members make personal decisions for me. Others apparently do, which is their business.

I guess the next bone of contention will be "Who has the most knowledgeable readers, Conde Nast or Travel and Leisure." Let the games begin!

winesmiley-1.gif I'll drink to that! :D

Last June, DH and I were on the Reflection, aqua class. We loved everything on the ship. Nice cabin Mid ship location, cabin above and below- Food excellent everywhere, including the buffet. The two times prior that we were on Princess (Island and Sapphire) the food was ok (Island) to horrible (Sapphire) at least on the sailings we were on. Beds were horrible at that time as well.

We had wanted to go on Celebrity for an April cruise during the 1 week that my dh is off (teacher) but the itinerary wouldn't work. (Purpose of that cruise is 3 full days of snokeling- Celebrity schedule would only work for 2) But low and behold, the new Royal Princess had the exact days and schedule for 3 full days of snorkeling, so once again, Princess has our business.

What I am no happy about is that you have to get on the ship extra early if you can to then rush to their adult "Sanctuary" to then spend a few hundred dollars to have a lounge chair in an adult area. I loved on Celebrity Reflection their anytime access included adult area with wonderful loungers. But then again, supposedly the food is supposed to be very good on Royal, and the specialty restaurants are half the price. Also, Princess has convenient self laundry so can pack less.

So for Princess sailing, we will hope for the best. We will be on Celebrity Summit, which unfortunately for us is an older ship and can't be compared to Reflection. We will be booking aqua again because we loved Blu and included Persian Gardens. But on this ship, the aqua class locations for us are horrible. We will be booking a location under the beginning area of Buffet, as this is better than being right under busy pool deck. But itinerary comes first, this is for Bermuda, and we don't want to do NCL (due to smoking policy) or RCL due to being overrun by kids-

I should add a couple more things: Princess does have a very liberal price drop policy (3 times lowered our fare, even after final payment.) On Celebrity, 2 weeks after we put down deposit, almost a year out, fare was about $200 lower-- Celebrity refused to refund anything, and there were plenty of open cabins. But a plus for Celebrity that I could pre reserve everything, so no need to rush and be inconvenienced on board ship like Princess line. Last thing: I like fresh squeezed oj in am. I like decafinated diet coke. Can't get either on Princess....

Edited by Jetswdo

Thanks Mom33 a wonderful contribution to the discussion and show cases a problem with not analyzing polls.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest/2013/air-cruise-more/mega-ships/597

Lets look at the criteria for ship category?

Seems The Mega ship catagory pits S class against Grand class which seems reasonable. Both are about 2,800 pax level or slightly higher and M class at 2,300 would be in the class as well I would assume.

They only show the top 20 ships, CC shows top 10 and

So X =85 and Princess = 82.4 so close but X still is on top but not a big deal.

This survey is in line with CC and Conde Nast.

In the Large ship X has no ships listed in the Top 20.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/worldsbest/2013/air-cruise-more/large-ships/598

Princess has only Ocean Princess listed at 20th her capacity is 670 passengers.

Celebrities smallest ship is Century at 1,814 passengers 3 times the capacity.

So does Celebrity even have a ship in this class?

Azamara has 2 ships at 5 & 6 but they are 649 passenger ships and are not X ships.

The top 20 ships in the class are around this 700pax capacity?

So it would appear that Celebrity currently has no ships in this class at all?

It appears that in 3 cruise polls Celebrity consistently scores higher then Princess.

So yes close but X is rated higher by the masses.

The truth is in the attention to details it seems.

Thanks Mom33 a wonderful contribution to the discussion and show cases a problem with not analyzing polls.

Seems The Mega ship catagory pits S class against Grand class which seems reasonable. Both are about 2,800 pax level or slightly higher and M class at 2,300 would be in the class as well I would assume.

Azamara has 2 ships at 5 & 6 but they are 649 passenger ships and are not X ships.

It appears that in 3 cruise polls Celebrity consistently scores higher then Princess.

Celebrity's smallest ship is Expedition, not Century

Thanks Cruise Junky I stand corrected, I just came back to correct my post but you were on it.

The Expedition carry's 70 pax and is even farther out of the 700 pax Large ship class then the 1,800 pax Century.

The Expedition should be in the Small ship catagory I would imagine.

Edited by baldercash

Then you can sail on the Solstice with its 85% rating on CC and I'll sail the Ruby with it's 85% rating on CC.:p:D:rolleyes:

Edited by Mom33

What to thank all of you for your time to reply to my post. Please let me once again stress, these are my own personal opinions on my own experiences between to the two cruise lines. To be fair, I was only on the Caribbean Princess, so do not know what the other ships are like. On Celebrity I was on the Equinox and the Solstice, and both ships were very much alike with minor, very minor differences.

Few more comments, yes Celebrity gives you chocolate at night on the bed turndown. I really don't base the make or break of a cruise on animal towel folds, just thought they were different and enjoyable. No I don't drink, I recouped from a rare cancer that I got from Agent Orange in Viet Nam, underwent a stomach Gastro Bypass surgery so that ended my drinking days and cannot have soda, so its water, ice tea or fruit juice, again this is my own situation, not for the general cruise. By nature I am a very detailed oriented person, so little things make a difference to me.

My point was not to offend anybody from there Cruise Line allegiance, but only to give my own insights, and by far I am not a seasoned Cruiser, (except for being in the US Coast Guard being stationed on ships for 4 years), so I am sure many of you who have cruised for years have your own opinions too.

Most likely, my next cruise will be on another cruise line, as I really do want to experience the differences, so I am not in any way attached to Celebrity. Neither am I trying to find the "perfect" cruise, just want to experience different things.

Again thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Regards,

Overall, I enjoyed both cruises, but feel Celebrity is a much better cruiseline and offers many more options than Princess. Think in the future I will try Holland (sister to Princess Lines), or go back to Celebrity.

Look, these are my own feeling and based on how I was treated and what was received by both cruise lines. You may not agree, but again these are my impressions. So for my own choice, I like Celebrity.

Thanks for the review.

Cannot disagree more simply because your impressions are your impressions.

But your "conclusion"...

"Many more options" - what options?

As per your review, you have missed too many things to make conclusions. :eek:

If you don't see certain things - it does not mean they don't exist.

It's not about "agree/disagree".

:)

Edited by cruisetrail

Interesting to read all the comments about the two lines. We are Elite on Celebrity so have a reason for continuing to sail with them. However, we have sailed on Princess twice in the last five years and loved both experiences.

Cruisenut is scanning the current Celebrity menus as he cruises on the Eclipse (I think) and that refreshed my memory of our last cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity. For us, food in the MDR on princess compares really well. I don't recall ever being served a dessert soufflé on Celebrity.

Cabin wise - Celebrity in our opinion is better and Speciality Restaurants have impressed us much more on Celebrity than Princess. Having said that our last experience in Murano left a lot to be desired - let's hope it was a one-time occurrence.

Where Princess has the advantage is in the choice and number of itineraries.

Our next cruise will be with Celebrity but could just have easily been Princess.

Love them both for different reasons.

We have already given our own comparison but would offer an additional observation more related to CC. There are many so-called "cheerleaders" on CC which are simply cruisers who love a particular cruise line and seem to be willing to defend that cruise line against all comers. On our many cruises we have even met folks that "trash" various cruise lines...but when we ask them for specifics of their cruise history it often turns out that they have either never even cruised on the line they trash, or have not been on that line in many years.

So, as fans of many cruise lines (we have been on 14 lines) we offer a few thoughts. Each cruise line keeps reinventing themselves and very little stays the same for more then 2 or 3 years (this time frame is arbitrary). There are also huge differences between the various ships (and types of ships) within a cruise line. As an example, Princess has ships ranging in size from as small as under 700 passengers and also has ships that carry more then 4000 passengers. When it comes to Celebrity we love their S-Class ships but are not as fond as some of their other vessels.

As to food, we have found lots of variance on different ships and even the same ships over a period of time. Sometimes it can be as simple as a change in Executive Chefs or a Hotel Manager (either can have a huge impact on food and food service). And when it comes to entertainment, it really varies depending on which Guest Entertainers are on a specific cruise and the various members of the ship's own singers and dancers. On our recent Eclipse cruise we thought the singers and dancers were among the least skilled we have seen on a ship in years. But on our previous Silhouette cruise the singers and dancers were excellent. On Celebrity we often miss a decent piano bar player/singer. On the Eclipse we had the somewhat controversial Perry Grant (love him or hate him) who is a decent entertainer, but not what we consider a "piano bar" player/singer.

So in the final result we (and this is subjective) think both Celebrity and Princess are comparable in most ways. One glaring difference would be pizza (yeah, even some cruisers are pizza lovers) where Princess shines above every other cruise line. We think Celebrity shines above Princess (and every other line) in their amenities for Elites (when compared to Elites on Princess 4 Star Mariners on HAL, Diamond on RCI, etc). And then there on the Caribe Deck balconies (on the Princess Grand-Class ships) which are quite amazing for a regular cabin balcony. One could easily write a book doing item by item comparisons, but that is the fun of variety and why we love cruising many different lines.

Hank

So I was part of the group on the "Concerts at Seas" Rock and Roll Cruise on the Caribbean Princess that departed Bayport Houston on 18 Jan, returning on 25 Jan 2014. Thought I would compare my own experiences between Celebrity and Princess lines. Not bad mouthing any of the cruise lines, just expressing my impressions and experiences between the two.

Background,

In the past I have had 2 cruises with Celebrity, well over 23 Cruises serving on US Coast Guard Cutters in the North Atlantic and Caribbean Sea, and had a job where I went on fishing boats installing Loran C equipment for extended fishing on Georges Bank in the Atlantic, so I know my way around ships both military and commercial.

But I want to focus this on the Cruise on Princess Lines as to the Cruise on Celebrity. Let me make it clear, we enjoyed our cruise with Princess Lines, and found everybody on the crew friendly and efficient, but just want to provide you my personal feeling on the two cruise lines.....

Positives:

Specifically about the Caribbean Princess, a very nice ship. I loved the fact that Princess ships have so many pools, deck chairs, and especially smaller bars, and several dinning rooms that you can attend while at sea.

We found the ship to be very clean, fairly well maintained, and our cabin girl (Mary Ann) was very prompt and kept the room very clean. We certainly lucked out, regarding our weather and sea conditions, although the ship was late leaving by three hours due to a scrub down for the Noro Virus, we still managed to board quickly by 3:30 PM, and ship was underway leaving dockside by 6:20 PM. We made all three port of calls, and I found booking and paying for the excursions easy, as you paid once on board the ship, so you did not have to pay in advance. Love the Ice Cream and Pizza bars. We celebrated our 20th Anniversary, they provided two balloons, a card, and a sticker on the cabin door. Liked the little international café that served soup, light meals, and deserts.

Now about the Celebrity Cruises: We book the Aqua Class, which has many different options, that includes something like the Serenity Area, that is included, and my review is based on the Aqua Class, that Princess does not have. Celebrities Aqua Class provides only that class with your own Dinning room called BLU. Aqua Class cost includes the following, every day a bowl of fresh fruit, bottled water, fresh flowers, hors d'oeuvres, and also, day you leave port a cold bottle of champagne on ice in your room, room scent, many spa items in the bath, bigger shower with six to eight shower heads. plush terry cloth robs, and slippers, and larger staterooms than Princess staterooms, and much larger bathrooms and showers. We celebrate our anniversary on Celebrity, they provided a cake and bottle of Champagne with card, with chocolate covered strawberries, no additional cost. Celebrity Captain was out an about the floor during the evenings, meeting the passengers, very available as well as the executive officer. Immediately when you board Celebrity you are handed a glass of Champagne or Orange juice, and once in the dinning room before you leave the port you can purchase a special mixed drink, both with liquor or without, and keep the glass. Layout of the ship was much easier to remember and get around, not as many pools, but had larger putting green on real grass. When you return from a day in port Celebrity has set up as you board a tent that contains cold water, fruit juice, and cold washcloths. Although trivial, towels made into animals several times during the cruise, a novelty, but still nice to see and experience. On board TV, you could order many movies in your room, more selection of programing, including more news and weather channels. Although you paid $15.00 per head, you had a very nice afternoon tea. More people engaged in Formal Night than what I witnessed on the Caribbean Princess. Prices for onboard activities much cheaper, including mix drinks, wine, and specialty restaurants, were cheaper. Two toot bags, one for each person, plus little flashlights, and couple other free things. A set of binoculars in the room for your use. Much more on the room service menu to choose from, especially the breakfast menu. Everyplace on the ship you had hand wash stations to clean your hands, only seen them in the dinning areas on the Princess ship. Celebrity had many more waiters, both in the common areas and on the deck.

Disappointments:

For the Princess Cruise, never saw the captain, executive officer, or any other high ranking officer the entire cruise. No champagne at all, none when you board, nothing in your room, nothing at all. Paid more for my balcony state room that I did for the Celebrity balcony state room with the extra Aqua Class. Food was fair, not bad, nothing to brag about. Stateroom was small, bath was a closet, closet was decent, and storage was decent. Balcony was good size. Bed mattress, felt the springs, so I assume mattress was well worn. No extras, one tot bag was provided. The shops had limited sizes on clothes, for example I wanted to buy a Princess Cruise polo shirt, only had sizes small and medium in men's, asked if they will be getting larger sizes, told no. Clothes seemed to be very overpriced, especially anything related to Princess Line Logo. Other stores had good stock, good brands. Drinks and wine seemed to be very very expensive, I don't recall paying as much on the Celebrity Line for mixed drinks or glass of wine. Price of cruise was very high compared to Celebrity, and seemed like you got less. Photographs that were taken was VERY expensive at $25/ 8X10/photo...only bought a couple because of the price. When you return back to the ship from being out on a day in port, no greeting by crew, no smile, just show me IDs. I could only find ice tea in the buffet top deck, nothing in bars, as I don't drink liquor, I had to settle for either tap water, or orange juice, OJ was not fresh but from a concentrate mixed by bartender. Had to ask for ice in my room several times. Sent laundry out on two occasions, both time had to call to get it sent to room, arrived late by several hours. TV was in corner on top of high shelve with limited visibility from the bed, remote never seemed to work right. Too much Trivia. Formal Night was really not enforced and few actually went formal, many shorts and t-shirts, very few tuxes and formal gowns. Princess seems to be much more laxed and less formal than Celebrity. Very limited choices on the room service menu, especially the breakfast menu. Celebrity had three times the choices for all types of meals and snacks for room service.

Celebrity Cruise disappointments: Seems like you could never get a deck chair, as they only had a couple of swimming pools. Limited deck space to walk around, most of the area was inside the ship. Many of the bars are in the open, not in rooms like Princess, making it not so personal, seems like you have many people always walking by. I really can not think of many more disappointments with Celebrity, departed on time, arrived back in port on time. Ice Cream was limited on the Celebrity ships and seemed to run out, closed the ice cream bar early by 7:00 PM they seem to run out of ice cream both hard and soft.

Overall, I enjoyed both cruises, but feel Celebrity is a much better cruiseline and offers many more options than Princess. Think in the future I will try Holland (sister to Princess Lines), or go back to Celebrity.

Look, these are my own feeling and based on how I was treated and what was received by both cruise lines. You may not agree, but again these are my impressions. So for my own choice, I like Celebrity.

Having sailed on both lines- the biggest negative about Princess IMO is the crowds- on the Caribbean princess, they added window suites, but the public space is the same. We had major problems finding a shady spot near the pool, so we opted to rent space on our futures Princess cruises which was wonderful! Thick comfortable seating- however no pool or whirlpool on the sancuary deck. Also a little costly. We had problems finding seats in the theatre as the theatre is too small for the guests wanting to see the shows. We also enjoyed sailing from Bklyn NY., now they no longer sail in July and August from Bklyn- So no reason to take Princess for us now, especially in the summer.

On the positive side, we truly enjoyed the piano bar on Princess, Celebrity lacks this venue. However we love the Martini and Molecular bars on Celebrity- Princess doesn't have these great venues. Food much better on Celebrity also and we enjoy the specialty restaurants, buffet on celebrity has many more choices.

Overall, we will continue to sail on Celebrity as our first choice.

Edited by Cruise a holic

You do? I would never be able to tell from any of your posts.:confused::eek:

Why would the fact that I have cruised Princess surprise you?

This discussion began because a poster said he thought X was a more enjoyable cruise for them then Princess.

There is a difference between saying one prefers a certain cruise line as to saying a certain cruise line is better.

I supplied information that shows X is rated as better then Princess.

All three polls Cc Cruisers Choice Awards, Conde Nast and Luxury & Travel list X above Princess in the ratings..

They are close but in all 3 X is rated better.

This is fact not opinion.

Last year I sailed RCI, Princess and X. I posted a review about only X.

My Princess cruise had some serious flaws on the Crown. An example is we were served a napkin covered basket of buns and one of the buns had a full bite out of it.

I did not write a review and I believe that it was an anomaly but it was hugely oft putting.

I have 4 future cruise deposits for Princess and a Future Cruise credit of $700.00 and I will be cruising Princess again this year.

One of the best as in most fun and memorable cruises I have ever had was on the Emerald Princess.

I find it interesting how people become so passionate that they leave reason behind.

We have people arguing that an individuals opinion is just that an opinion and means nothing.

Which is just their own opinion!

Then we have others who say that the rating generated by 3 different sources which all rate Celebrity higher then Princess are meaningless?

They state they are bogus as a matter of fact with out logical explanation or a challenge!

I approach any argument in a dispassionate manner it tends to supply the most reasoned arguments.

From all the post so far we have learned that Celebrity is consistently rated better then Princess.

That the difference between the 2 lines in the ratings is not large.

That ones personal preference determines what line they chose to sail.

Everyone sails the ship they prefer It just happens that X is rated higher.

Disney is rated higher then X but it appeals to a different demographic. If I sailed her it would be because I have kids or grand kids.

I am sure I would be impressed I am not going to argue all the polls are wrong.

Edited by baldercash

Why would the fact that I have cruised Princess surprise you?

This discussion began because a poster said he thought X was a more enjoyable cruise for them then Princess.

There is a difference between saying one prefers a certain cruise line as to saying a certain cruise line is better.

I supplied information that shows X is rated as better then Princess.

All three polls Cc Cruisers Choice Awards, Conde Nast and Luxury & Travel list X above Princess in the ratings..

They are close but in all 3 X is rated better.

This is fact not opinion.

Last year I sailed RCI, Princess and X. I posted a review about only X.

My Princess cruise had some serious flaws on the Crown. An example is we were served a napkin covered basket of buns and one of the buns had a full bite out of it.

I did not write a review and I believe that it was an anomaly but it was hugely oft putting.

I have 4 future cruise deposits for Princess and a Future Cruise credit of $700.00 and I will be cruising Princess again this year.

One of the best as in most fun and memorable cruises I have ever had was on the Emerald Princess.

I find it interesting how people become so passionate that they leave reason behind.

We have people arguing that an individuals opinion is just that an opinion and means nothing.

Which is just their own opinion!

Then we have others who say that the rating generated by 3 different sources which all rate Celebrity higher then Princess are meaningless?

They state they are bogus as a matter of fact with out logical explanation or a challenge!

I approach any argument in a dispassionate manner it tends to supply the most reasoned arguments.

From all the post so far we have learned that Celebrity is consistently rated better then Princess.

That the difference between the 2 lines in the ratings is not large.

That ones personal preference determines what line they chose to sail.

Everyone sails the ship they prefer It just happens that X is rated higher.

Disney is rated higher then X but it appeals to a different demographic. If I sailed her it would be because I have kids or grand kids.

I am sure I would be impressed I am not going to argue all the polls are wrong.

I would also add that each one of us that comes to CC to review or comment on a cruise is entitled to their opinion and should not be made to feel as though their opinion doesn't count.

I still can't imagine why you would sail Princess and this opinion is from reading your posts. You have not shared any positive moments from your Princess cruises, only negative.

I have sailed Princess since the 80's and Celebrity since the late 90's. I prefer Celebrity for the food, but it has slipped in the lately. Princess goes more places which is the reason I sail them. My benefits on Princess until recently were superior to what I got on Celebrity. Entertainment goes to Princess. I do get a free mini bar set up from Princess, which balances out the cocktail hour on Celebrity. I am booked on 3 Celebrity cruise in 2015 which will get me to elite + after which I will only book them when the price is right or if they are going where I want to go.:)

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 points, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 570 points

And there you have it folks...opinions regarding Celebrity and Princess. Yes, it's okay to read all of this if you are trying to gather information, but just remember, we are all different and see life through our own lenses of experience. There is no right answer, but certainly there are many who would argue that one cruise line is superior to the other and vice versa. Why does this matter? Because man/woman has had opinions for thousands of years, and it's not going to end with Celebrity and Princess. Remember who got all of this started? Yep, a little TV show, and we have been sailing and loving it ever since!:cool::cool:

I am a Celebrity fan, but that is because my DH enjoys the S class ships in Europe!:) To Be Continued...

Edited by Lastdance

I would also add that each one of us that comes to CC to review or comment on a cruise is entitled to their opinion and should not be made to feel as though their opinion doesn't count.

I still can't imagine why you would sail Princess and this opinion is from reading your posts. You have not shared any positive moments from your Princess cruises, only negative.

You defend Princess so fiercely I must assume you don't sail X?

Why does it matter to so many posters that Princess be better or equal to Celebrity?

How does the rating change ones enjoyment of ones cruise experience?

These discussions are interesting and when people contribute in a positive way even supplying negative information we all learn something.

I actually find it amazing how closed minded some people can be and how they react.

When I cruise I accept the ship for what is not what I want it to be.

I cruise because of friends, opportunity, price, convenience, itinerary and many other reasons which effect my choices.

A cruise lines rating does not enter into it for me.

Apparently from all the passion that this thread has caused a lot of people do consider Ranking important or why the outrage from so many.

I honestly appreciate that you went and found the Leisure survey to challenge the "Celebrity is consistently rated higher then Princess hypothesis".

But we now have 3 surveys / polls from different sources presented and they all substantiate the position that X is consistently rated higher then Princess.

How would detailing the good times I have experienced on Princes change that?

I have sailed Azamara, Celebrity, RCI, Princess, Oceania, NCL, MSC, and P&O. There are a lot I still need to cruise and none are off the table.

Edited by baldercash

What about cost?

I have checked similar X cruises with Princess cruises and X comes out cheaper almost every time.

Princess still allows TAs to discount the price of the cruise (not just offer OBC), so take at least 10% off Princess' price if you find a good TA.

What about cost?

I have checked similar X cruises with Princess cruises and X comes out cheaper almost every time.

Cost is intrinsically built into your evaluation of your cruise experience.

I worked in the automobile industry and trust me the expectations of a Mercedes owner compared to a KIA is huge. The more one pays the higher there expectations and the more likely they are to complain.

So if X cruisers pay more and still rate their cruise experience higher then Princess cruisers then X must be doing something right.

The polls of cruisers show that Celebrity cruisers consistently rate their experience better then Princess cruisers do.

So if one pays more it is not likely one will be happier with less value.

Edited by baldercash

Cost is intrinsically built into your evaluation of your cruise experience.

I worked in the automobile industry and trust me the expectations of a Mercedes owner compared to a KIA is huge. The more one pays the higher there expectations and the more likely they are to complain.

So if X cruisers pay more and still rate their cruise experience higher then Princess cruisers then X must be doing something right.

The polls of cruisers show that Celebrity cruisers consistently rate their experience better then Princess cruisers do.

So if one pays more it is not likely one will be happier with less value.

I think you misread his post. Said X was cheaper. Which nullifies your entire argument and brings into question all of the ratings you posted.

You defend Princess so fiercely I must assume you don't sail X?

Why does it matter to so many posters that Princess be better or equal to Celebrity?

How does the rating change ones enjoyment of ones cruise experience?

I haven't had the opportunity to sail Celebrity yet. I may some day. I am not saying anything about Celebrity because I do not have any experience with them. I am reading the responses here and on the Princess thread( the OP put his thread on the Princess forum also) to see what people have to say about the comparison of the two cruiselines. Then I can make some decisions.

From what I have read, you are the one that cares so much that Celebrity be better than Princess. You are the one that doesn't like Princess. These are conclusions I have reached reading your posts.

To the other posters who actually compared the two lines, positive and negative, thank you. I have something to work with.:)