I want to board the moment the ship arrives

I want to be able to board the ship at 6:00 AM or the moment the ship has been cleared by Customs. It would be so cool to enjoy breakfast on Embarkation Day onboard and use the full day that we paid for. In fact it would be cool if the ship leaves the debarkation port in the afternoon to stay onboard until the last possible second.

How can we do this? Our luggage would just be loaded with the rest of the luggage. Would be cool to have our SeaPasses ready to go and all we need to do is head right through security and board early.

Would be cool to see the crew get the ship ready for the next cruise, go down to the I95 where they load the food and supplies for the ship.

I would love the behind the scenes tour of the Bridge watching them getting it ready for the next sailing, going down to the kitchen and seeing how they get ready etc.

Would you as a Cruise Critic Addict love to board the ship the first thing in the morning on embarkation day and enjoy breakfast in the Windjammer?

Edited by travelplus

I've done a back to back. I expected to see all kind of commotion going on inside on the ship, but it was no different than a normal day.

Outside has the most going on. The food, liquior, and supplies coming onto the ship. But still nothing huge.

I'm not really sure you would be able to do what you wish. The lawn chair idea is just about right.

I want to be able to board the ship at 6:00 AM or the moment the ship has been cleared by Customs. ... and use the full day that we paid for... How can we do this?

You can't. I'm not really sure if this is just a wishful thinking post or if you truly mean you want to do this, but either way, you can't. The ship must disembark absolutely every single person first - down to zero - before anyone embarks.

The best way to use the day you've paid for is to be among the first to the port and checked in early. If you are a C&A member, all the better as many levels have priority embarkation.

Your last sentence asked would I want to do this - actually, no because it is a very different, frenzied atmosphere that day. However, a B2B experience is phenomenal and would be the only way you could have breakfast with the disembarking passengers. As for behind the scenes tours along I95 and such, I can't think they would ever allow passengers down there, no way. It's way too busy and there are safety and security concerns.

They always sort of get around the "full day" thing by quoting cruise prices by number of nights. One of the "days" is kind of split between leaving and coming, but you do get the correct number of nights... kind of like in a hotel room.

I'm with you though. We're doing our first B2B cruise in May and really looking forward to the new experience.

Tom

I want to be able to board the ship at 6:00 AM or the moment the ship has been cleared by Customs. It would be so cool to enjoy breakfast on Embarkation Day onboard and use the full day that we paid for. In fact it would be cool if the ship leaves the debarkation port in the afternoon to stay onboard until the last possible second.

How can we do this? Our luggage would just be loaded with the rest of the luggage. Would be cool to have our SeaPasses ready to go and all we need to do is head right through security and board early.

Would be cool to see the crew get the ship ready for the next cruise, go down to the I95 where they load the food and supplies for the ship.

I would love the behind the scenes tour of the Bridge watching them getting it ready for the next sailing, going down to the kitchen and seeing how they get ready etc.

Would you as a Cruise Critic Addict love to board the ship the first thing in the morning on embarkation day and enjoy breakfast in the Windjammer?

Hmmmm....I think I've been onboard as early as 11am but the WJ was closed and we had to wait until noon to get inside. You won't be able to get breakfast on embarkation day unless you are booked on a B2B and you are finishing up your first sail.

On one of our Liberty eastern caribbean cruises we were 3rd & 4th onboard...and were actually the first into the terminal (due to a redeye flight) and seated in the priority lounge first...but...darn two rude people that almost knocked us over as they rushed ahead of us to be 1st & 2nd...I guess it was really important to them..to us it was just by circumstances.

I know those people! They were on Allure in March with us - staff at the termianal told my family to stand right where we were - 1st time there so, little did we know, b2b came through a door, and they undid a rope right where we stood - my gks and I almost got run over in the push/shove for first on the ship - did not notice them getting anything special for it! Kinda wished they tripped and fell at the entrance, but no such luck.

I want to be able to board the ship at 6:00 AM

Well I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Even better idea .. just call RC a day or two ahead and tell them what you wanna do ... and have them call ahead to the Pilot Boat so they can expect you ... they can ride you out there in the wee hours,meet the ship and ride in with it !

Or better yet, request a helicopter to take you out and land you right on the heliport!

After all, Lucy Ricardo managed to make this work, no reason why you can't!

And don't let them tell you "NO" either!

Well I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

Even better idea .. just call RC a day or two ahead and tell them what you wanna do ... and have them call ahead to the Pilot Boat so they can expect you ... they can ride you out there in the wee hours,meet the ship and ride in with it !

Or better yet, request a helicopter to take you out and land you right on the heliport!

After all, Lucy Ricardo managed to make this work, no reason why you can't!

And don't let them tell you "NO" either!

Jahahahahahaha! This is such a good idea!!

Is the OP serious?? Maybe this is a hidden camera thread to see how many people will fall for this nonsense.

Edited by wingnutphl

I knew your post would create some great responses and I was not disappointed!...But as everyone has said you can't , not going to happen.....:D

Watch "Extreme Cruise Ship," or any of the cruise ship videos, and you'll get to see what goes on.

I'd love to board early, but I doubt it would ever be allowed. The ship needs to have a zero count of passengers, before new ones can board.

Not sure this is true because we boarded before 9:00 A.M. and before the previous passengers had departed. They were not ready with seapasses yet so we had to use temporary badges to get on the ship. Once they were set up we exchanged our badges for seapass cards. So the never really got down to zero passengers.

Not sure this is true because we boarded before 9:00 A.M. and before the previous passengers had departed. They were not ready with seapasses yet so we had to use temporary badges to get on the ship. Once they were set up we exchanged our badges for seapass cards. So the never really got down to zero passengers.

In that instance, you were a visitor, your temporary badge was a visitors pass, you were not a passenger until you checked in and were issued your seapass card, this would only happened when the ship was cleared of passengers. Were you with a partial charter group or a TA's visit to become a visitor, or were you, like us, visiting a crew member on board?

What ship., what date? This sounds like bad info....:confused:

Because of my DD's medical issues we've been among the first to board (first of the special needs, after the B to B and the Wedding parties.) It was still chaotic and the elevators were packed but once up in the ship it was quiet. We were one of the first few in the WJ, where they were still setting up.

We are always last or almost last off and we wait in a quiet lounge away from the crowds. Again, the ship is quiet. Not much to see, just staff setting up the soda package displays and first day sales.

I always find the WJ chaotic on the last morning, everyone dragging their suitcases, etc. The WJ closes at about 9:30 with limited food after about 9. Café Promanade closes as well.

We've seen them boarding supplies in St. Thomas (which is very interesting - huge crates labelled EGGS and TOILET PAPER) and tractor trailer load after tractor trailer load of supplies.

And we got lost on the I95 on boarding day when looking for the medical centre. A crew member rescued us and took us to the medical centre after we were almost hit by a forklift.:)

I don't know if RCI still do it but a couple of years ago we were able to stay on the ship until 3pm (for a fee). So they could not have had a zero passenger count before embarcation.

We were offered this option a few years ago when doing the Eastern Med., but we had flights to catch, so we couldn't do it. We were on Voyager.