Laundry questions - first time Celebrity cruiser

tinkmom

Hi,

Have cruised several other lines, but our 10-day summer cruise on Infinity will be the first time sailing on Celebrity. (We have no sort of "status" so please don't confuse me with elite, concierge, captain's club, etc. perks. :D )

I found a recent laundry price list, but really want to know about the cost, size and availability of this "stuff the bag" one-price laundry. Are there discount coupons for first-timers? I am fine with wash and fold and nothing I anticipate shoving in this bag would be too delicate. The lack of self-service laundry is really stressing me, and I am trying to get my head around how much extra to allocate for laundry.

Thank you!:)

Edited by tinkmom

They will often have the stuff the bag special on longer cruises (more than a week) so you may be in luck. If they do offer it, roll clothes to fit as much as possible in the bag. I carry the travel sized packets of liquid Tide and handle the socks, underwear & swimsuits that way.

They will often have the stuff the bag special on longer cruises (more than a week) so you may be in luck. If they do offer it, roll clothes to fit as much as possible in the bag. I carry the travel sized packets of liquid Tide and handle the socks, underwear & swimsuits that way.

Probably not. And the stuff the bag deal has a limited number of pieces allowed. Plan on using your sink and the cord in the shower for drying.

The "stuff the bag" special is often offered near the end of the cruise so by the time you get your laundry back it will be time to disembark.

Mary Lou

That isn't really a problem, as we plan to spend a few more days in Europe. I can take 8-9 days of clothes, but 15 or 16 days worth is an issue.

Fir those who say "hit or miss" and remember, is it rarely offered or nearly alway or ?? Our cruise is on Infinity, British Isles, 10-day. I realize that there are no guarantees, of course.

Probably not. And the stuff the bag deal has a limited number of pieces allowed. Plan on using your sink and the cord in the shower for drying.

Are you only allowed to send one bag? The thought of washing my clothes, other than maybe socks and swimsuit, in the sink just creeps me out!

Edited by tinkmom

Don't quote me on it, but I think it is one bag per person. Also, just so you know, it's wash and fold so if you need to send it back to get ironed, that cost extra. I, also, wouldn't send anything too expensive or delicate as it gets washed in an industrial washer with everybody elses laundry. You'll find a sticker on your stuff, that's how they sort them when finished.

I've never sailed Celebrity and am starting to panic about sailing with them because of laundry. I will be doing a few days touring before joining a cruise. Does Celebrity have a regular per item laundry service? I'm going to need some slacks and shirts done about mid-way on the cruise. It's either that or figuring out how to stuff 20 days worth of clothes in a suitcase!

Fir those who say "hit or miss" and remember, is it rarely offered or nearly alway or ?? Our cruise is on Infinity, British Isles, 10-day. I realize that there are no guarantees, of course.

I'm the poster who described the "stuff a bag challenge" (or whatever it is called) as being "hit or miss." We are Elite+ so have some bags of free laundry, and so quite frankly, don't use the "stuff a bag challenge." But we hadn't seen the coupon offer for a number of cruises until it appeared on a Century RT San Diego to Hawaii in October 2012. It was a surprise to find the coupon delivered as we hadn't seen one for sometime. We did B2B on the Century this past fall, and again the coupon appeared. Since we have been doing four Celebrity cruises annually for several years now, I would describe that as "hit or miss."

I've never sailed Celebrity and am starting to panic about sailing with them because of laundry. I will be doing a few days touring before joining a cruise. Does Celebrity have a regular per item laundry service? I'm going to need some slacks and shirts done about mid-way on the cruise. It's either that or figuring out how to stuff 20 days worth of clothes in a suitcase!

We had the same issue when traveling in Australia before boarding a 10 night RCCL cruise (they don't have self-serve laundry either). With the help of Google I found a self serve laundromat and spent about an hour and a half there. Everything was perfectly cleaned the morning we were to get on the cruise. Certainly nothing to panic about.

We traveled for 28 days total and I only did laundry twice plus a few things in the sink. I would also suggest finding some Dri-fit clothing, it is easy to hand wash and dries in no time.

Edited by monicajay

Yes, there is regular laundry, dry cleaning & pressing service. The prices are reasonable for the service provided. And by reasonable I mean comparable to what I pay in Atlanta (dry cleaning is actually cheaper), and much less expensive than hotel service.

As many have noted...

There is usually a stuff the bag offer on longer cruises.

On our last Infinity cruise the stuff the bag offer had to be turned in before the last three days of the cruise. I'm planning on that again just in case.

The Celebrity laundry service does a fantastic job with linens, much better than any dry cleaner I have ever used. I too find their rates reasonable.

Here is the laundry list.

I usually hand wash undies and swim wear and manage Ok for 15 -20 days without having to send out laundry; dh usually sends 1 bag per trip.

Really, it is a case of paying for extra luggage and having to drag it around; or taking less and paying for laundry. Just the one costs of travel that one accounts for. A first time cruiser does not automatically get a laundry discount.

Cheers, h.

Are there laundry facilities onboard?There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates.Regular service, picked up before 9AM, is returned next day. For same day service, picked up before 9AM and returned same day, add 50% express service surcharge.

Laundry Services

ItemPriceJacket$5.95Pants$4.95Long Sleeved Shirt$4.95Short Sleeved Shirt$3.95Sweater$4.95Shorts$3.95Dress$7.95Skirt$4.95Pajamas$3.95Handkerchief$1.95T-shirt$2.95Undergarments$1.95Swimsuit$2.95Socks, pair$1.95Dry-Cleaning

ItemPriceSuit

$12.95Jacket$7.95Pants$5.95Long Sleeved Shirt$5.95Short Sleeved Shirt$4.95Sweater$6.95Shorts$4.95Dress$12.95Skirt$5.95Necktie/Tie$3.95Pressing Only

ItemPriceSuit$5.95Jacket$4.95Pants$3.95Long Sleeved Shirt$3.95Short Sleeved Shirt$2.95Sweater$3.95Shorts$2.95Dress$5.95Skirt$3.95

Sorry that cut and paste didn't work well, but you can see the pricing. h.

Edited by middlehaitch
bad paste formatting

I think the dry cleaning prices are perfectly reasonable. Most of the prices for simple laundering are ridiculous, though. I mean, $4 to wash a t-shirt?

It is also hard to gauge how many clothes we will go through. If it is cooler and no rain then things can be reworn. If we get sweaty, dirty, wet, then not. It'll work out. I'll probably check with our stateroom attendant as soon as we board to get the inside info on what to expect.

Thanks for the information!

I think the dry cleaning prices are perfectly reasonable. Most of the prices for simple laundering are ridiculous, though. I mean, $4 to wash a t-shirt?

It is also hard to gauge how many clothes we will go through. If it is cooler and no rain then things can be reworn. If we get sweaty, dirty, wet, then not. It'll work out. I'll probably check with our stateroom attendant as soon as we board to get the inside info on what to expect.

Thanks for the information!

T-shirt is $2.95.

We are Elite and use the wash/iron service for formal shirts. Also get tux dry cleaned. Always satisfied BUT make sure you give them time. On one occasion we did not get our washing back for four days. Thankfully we did have a spare dress shirt for the formal evening. Also strawberry dipped chocs were left to say sorry for the delay.

A little tip - we take a cheap plastic hanger and rinse through some things that don't need to be ironed then hang them in the shower. Also any clothes which are creased through packing - hang them in the bathroom whilst having your shower and creases drop out. Steward will also find you some dry cleaner type hangers.

Thank you all for your answers. Laundry in the sink is standard for me on vacation, but I've never found it very successful for slacks, even the so-called quick dry variety. I'll have to look into the Dri-Fit brand.

Dri-Fit is a name that Nike generally uses to identify a line of products. Those products are nice for travel as they can be lighter in weight than other fabrics and dry more quickly. Under Armor is a leading name in this category, but many other clothing manufacturers also have a quick-dry type of product as well.

Mike

I swear by DriFit & GoLight clothes. They wash in a sink & dry very quickly. If you are on a S-class ship they don't have clothes lines like the M class. I bring a slacks hanger with me to cut down on the wrinkles. Enjoy your cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Have cruised several other lines, but our 10-day summer cruise on Infinity will be the first time sailing on Celebrity. (We have no sort of "status" so please don't confuse me with elite, concierge, captain's club, etc. perks. :D )

I found a recent laundry price list, but really want to know about the cost, size and availability of this "stuff the bag" one-price laundry. Are there discount coupons for first-timers? I am fine with wash and fold and nothing I anticipate shoving in this bag would be too delicate. The lack of self-service laundry is really stressing me, and I am trying to get my head around how much extra to allocate for laundry.

Thank you!:)

Last summer on the Eclipse, 14 nights cruise, the "stuff the bag" was not offered. Our friends were cruising on Celebrity for the first time and were disappointed by this. They are frequent Princess cruisers and are used to their laundry services. They still had a great time and loved the drink package. :D

Last summer on the Eclipse, 14 nights cruise, the "stuff the bag" was not offered. Our friends were cruising on Celebrity for the first time and were disappointed by this. They are frequent Princess cruisers and are used to their laundry services. They still had a great time and loved the drink package. :D

LOL. I can relate and am looking forward to the lack of worry with having the drink package!

I am realistically gauging the expense if we have to have items laundered at the individual cost. It won't be devastating, but I do hate that what should be a couple of quick loads for a few bucks will be in the neighborhood of $100: it is what it is. Not gonna let it make me too crazy!