Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Pendent

slavearlen

Patti....do you know if they have earrings also? I know this is where we bought our pendants but I don't recall earrings. (But I was just concentrating on pendants when we bought them umpteen years ago!)

I believe that they will offer the full line. They are just getting in to the design and manufacturing and we did see a sample of the pendant that they will be offering. It was very close to what Imperial is offering.

Just keep in mind that umpteen years ago, the price of gold was lower.

I believe that they will offer the full line. They are just getting in to the design and manufacturing and we did see a sample of the pendant that they will be offering. It was very close to what Imperial is offering.

Just keep in mind that umpteen years ago, the price of gold was lower.

sorry...didn't clarify...Imperial in St T is who I was asking about on the earrings. And yes...umpteen years ago gold was lower...I was younger and maybe/maybe not thinner...but definitely had a better memory. lol All things change! :D:D

Patti....do you know if they have earrings also? I know this is where we bought our pendants but I don't recall earrings. (But I was just concentrating on pendants when we bought them umpteen years ago!)

DW got one of the C&A Pendants this past Spring. There were several options with no diamonds to many diamonds. We bartered the price down a bit from the first price quoted on the one that DW wanted. During this process the sales lady brought over a pair of C&A earrings that matched the pendant DW was interested in and offered a discounted price for the set. We opted for just the pendant and got the discount offered for the set of three. Of course, they tried to sell her a gold chain to use with the pendant.

Edited by Tagsalong

I'm so glad that my wife does not read Cruise Critic regularly.

LOL, I totally agree, about DH. I'm not sure he is aware of the most recent C&A bling I purchased, and trust me, he is much happier that way.:rolleyes:

D K Gems in St. Maarten

Thanks, Gigi! :) When you get off the water taxi, walk to the Courthouse and go left on the main street. D K Gems is on the left-hand side of the street, maybe 2 blocks?

skiiergirl, I bought the earrings first, then the pendant, at Imperial in St. Thomas. (I already had a slide pendant, but wanted something smaller I could wear every day.) I am shocked :D:D you didn't see them on Jewel.

Okay, so I have to admit, although I love love love the 14k version of this pendant and earrings, I have the poor woman's version of C&A jewelry…made from swizzle stick heads collected in the CL/DL.;)

I don't have a pic of the pendant, but here are the earrings. I first made them 2 years ago, and since then have given a pair away at every M&M and made some for cruise buddies. (Those of us who wear them call ourselves the "Sisterhood of the Swizzle Stick" :p)

One of these days I just might have to go to one of the islands and get the REAL version!;)

Judy

CampAearrings.jpg

DW got one of the C&A Pendants this past Spring. There were several options with no diamonds to many diamonds. We bartered the price down a bit from the first price quoted on the one that DW wanted. During this process the sales lady brought over a pair of C&A earrings that matched the pendant DW was interested in and offered a discounted price for the set. We opted for just the pendant and got the discount offered for the set of three. Of course, they tried to sell her a gold chain to use with the pendant.

Yep, they sold me the gold chain as well. (Apparently, none of my gold chains would do.) As you might have gathered by now, my resistance to sales pitches in jewelry stores is quite low. I justify this by putting the purchase on a card that gives me airline miles. :eek:

Edited by travelgoddess1

Okay, so I have to admit, although I love love love the 14k version of this pendant and earrings, I have the poor woman's version of C&A jewelry…made from swizzle stick heads collected in the CL/DL.;)

I don't have a pic of the pendant, but here are the earrings. I first made them 2 years ago, and since then have given a pair away at every M&M and made some for cruise buddies. (Those of us who wear them call ourselves the "Sisterhood of the Swizzle Stick" :p)

One of these days I just might have to go to one of the islands and get the REAL version!;)

Judy

CampAearrings.jpg

What cruise did I see those on -- I think they are really cute! :D

An eBay seller based in Miami has listed a 14K gold Royal Caribbean anchor pendant with what appears to be embedded diamonds. Opening bid was $0.99. Now $120+. 3 days left at the time of this posting.

Saw this and thought this may be of interest to those who participated in this thread. (And no, I'm not the seller! :) )

eBay item number is 191616000564

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I did go and look at the posting. It is a bit different from the others posted here and also seems it might have some surface scratches. Too difficult to tell since the image is rather blurry.

It is amazing Royal doesn't have these on board. I have a charm I got from DI and put it on a chain. It's not fancy, but fun. :)

Edited by denamo

Thanks, Karen! I wonder if we've met in one of the lounges on a cruise, or maybe you've run into one of the other "Sisters!":p

I gave a pair to one of our Concierges too - but I don't know if she wears them.

(Larissa - she was in the CL on our Panama Canal cruise on Legend in 2014.)

Judy

Thanks, Karen! I wonder if we've met in one of the lounges on a cruise, or maybe you've run into one of the other "Sisters!":p

I gave a pair to one of our Concierges too - but I don't know if she wears them.

(Larissa - she was in the CL on our Panama Canal cruise on Legend in 2014.)

Judy

I seem to recall someone raffling them off at the Meet & Mingle -- do you have a twin?:D

I seem to recall someone raffling them off at the Meet & Mingle -- do you have a twin?:D

HaHa! Nope, no twin! But we hung out with a wonderful couple from Arkansas in the CL on our Legend cruise last year. Kay got a pair for herself and also a pendant, and we've kept in touch. She has me make and send her some before each cruise, and I know she's cruised several times in the past year. (including the Quantum inaugural) She told me she takes a pair to the M&M on each cruise, just like I do, for an extra give-away.

Judy

LOL, I totally agree, about DH. I'm not sure he is aware of the most recent C&A bling I purchased, and trust me, he is much happier that way.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Gigi! :) When you get off the water taxi, walk to the Courthouse and go left on the main street. D K Gems is on the left-hand side of the street, maybe 2 blocks?

skiiergirl, I bought the earrings first, then the pendant, at Imperial in St. Thomas. (I already had a slide pendant, but wanted something smaller I could wear every day.) I am shocked :D:D you didn't see them on Jewel.

LOL....guess I wasn't as observant as I should have been! :D

Yep, they sold me the gold chain as well. (Apparently, none of my gold chains would do.) As you might have gathered by now, my resistance to sales pitches in jewelry stores is quite low. I justify this by putting the purchase on a card that gives me airline miles. :eek:

Sounds like a good theory to me!

Judy

CampAearrings.jpg

I have the earrings! A friend sailed with you on Navigator out of Galveston last August and bought a pair for me.

I wear them "beachside" but still want the "gold" ones to wear non-beachy. lol

Panama Canal M&M, Katrina raffled them off. They are really cute! :D:):D
HaHa! Nope, no twin! But we hung out with a wonderful couple from Arkansas in the CL on our Legend cruise last year. Kay got a pair for herself and also a pendant, and we've kept in touch. She has me make and send her some before each cruise, and I know she's cruised several times in the past year. (including the Quantum inaugural) She told me she takes a pair to the M&M on each cruise, just like I do, for an extra give-away.

Judy

Yes, it was JW either 4/25 or 5/2 sailing (or maybe both). Yes, it was Kay that gave them to Katrina for the prize raffle.

I have the earrings! A friend sailed with you on Navigator out of Galveston last August and bought a pair for me.

I wear them "beachside" but still want the "gold" ones to wear non-beachy. lol

Yes, we cruised the Nav out of Galveston last August, and I had about 8 pairs of earrings with me - came home with none! I did come home with a great supply of swizzle sticks, though. It was really cool that random people from our M&M would come up and hand them to me all over the ship! I'm going to have to get to work again before our Sept cruise…:p…

I also think it would be great to have some nicer 14k/diamond ones for more formal occasions!!

And...Welcome to the SISTERHOOD OF THE SWIZZLESTICK!:D

(I need to print up a membership card for you - LOL!)

Judy

Yes, we cruised the Nav out of Galveston last August, and I had about 8 pairs of earrings with me - came home with none! I did come home with a great supply of swizzle sticks, though. It was really cool that random people from our M&M would come up and hand them to me all over the ship! I'm going to have to get to work again before our Sept cruise…:p…

I also think it would be great to have some nicer 14k/diamond ones for more formal occasions!!

And...Welcome to the SISTERHOOD OF THE SWIZZLESTICK!:D

(I need to print up a membership card for you - LOL!)

Judy

LOL...actually Kay gave me a card on JW in May. I had mentioned to her sometime that week that the friend had given them to me....or maybe she saw me wearing them....don't remember exactly....but then she gave me the membership card at the M&M.

Judy

Yes, that's what happened, it was on Jewel. They really are cute for "everyday" wear. You are very talented. :)

LOL....guess I wasn't as observant as I should have been! :D

Sounds like a good theory to me!

Maybe I need larger earrings! :rolleyes: :D

Edited by travelgoddess1

Panama Canal M&M, Katrina raffled them off. They are really cute! :D:):D

Good memory, it was SOOOOO long ago. :D :D

Yes, it was JW either 4/25 or 5/2 sailing (or maybe both). Yes, it was Kay that gave them to Katrina for the prize raffle.

Thanks for remembering. I'm glad you like yours, they are cute. I do remember you collecting the swizzle sticks/skewers in the CL. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I have C&A dinner suit. They used to be available on the High St in the UK, but you need to go to mainland Europe now.

I have C&A dinner suit. They used to be available on the High St in the UK, but you need to go to mainland Europe now.

Sorry, I'm not sure what a C&A dinner suit is -- a real suit, or the studs and cufflinks that go on a tuxedo shirt? :confused::confused:

Yes, that's what happened, it was on Jewel. They really are cute for "everyday" wear. You are very talented. :)

I can't take all the credit for this invention since I was inspired by a lady named Pat that I met in the CL on a cruise! She had a friend who had made earrings for her with the plastic C&A symbol from the top of the swizzle sticks. Since I am in the pearl business, I started thinking about doing something similar with a pearl added…it's a gem of the sea, after all!;)

We do a lot of custom work, lengthening, shortening, replacing pearls, and restringing for customers, so I always have loose pearls left from various projects. Normally I make dangle earrings with them with sterling findings. So after we met Pat, we collected some swizzles and DH figured out how to behead them and drill them for me. I've experimented using black pearls and larger pearls, and finally have decided that they look best with white pearls that are a little larger than the ones in the pic. (I think that pic was my first pair!)

Now it's become a bit of a tradition to take a pair to the M&M, and I've learned to always bring extras!

Judy