2015 Caribbean Schedule

NaplesKnitter

I've had 2 cruises cancelled in 2015 by Princess, one Ruby and one Regal. While trying to put together a new schedule, I notice that the Caribbean Princess has gaps in its 2015 schedule during the first few weeks of both February and March. Would anyone care to speculate on what its schedule may turn out to be?

If the Ruby cruises are moved to the Caribbean ... then wondering if some of the 4/5 days will be changed to 7 with better routing?

We looked instead of moving our cancelled 4-26-15 Emerald to the 4-12-15 Emerald booking the Caribbean out of FFL but the 9 day is not attractive at all.

Our 20 day cruise on the Royal for April 18, 2015 was canceled also. Princess seems to be making many changes and it looks like it is an annual shakeup. I was actually prepared for the April cruise to be canceled and was able to rebook for March 29, 2015.

Good luck to you!!

Denise

I agree...especially from Houston!!!

To get some really good stops they will need to push out some 10/11 night cruises which I think would probably sell from Houston. I think there are enough of us who can take more than just a few days off from work at once...besides with email etc...keeping in touch may actually be too easy these days.

Something big must be going on. The Island and Emerald have had cruises cancelled in April, 2015. The website shows cruise dates but stated that pricing is not available and to pick another date. Can this be due to Princess changing its plans on repositioning ships? Could that be due to the Regal being added to the fleet?

Wouldn't that be nice!

I wonder why all the changes. Time will tell.....

YES!! Our last Caribbean cruise and our upcoming Caribbean cruise were/are both on other cruise lines..we travel with others on both cruises, and in both cases Princess lost out due to ports. The ones we went with are seven day cruises with four stops each, one of which is private island.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Exactly.... What were they thinking when they came up with this 9 day?

CEW09Alg.jpg

Looks like a simple 6+3d B2B just put together. I think we need a REAL extended itiniary, not 2 cruises combined into one and sold as a longer cruise...

Something big must be going on. The Island and Emerald have had cruises cancelled in April, 2015. The website shows cruise dates but stated that pricing is not available and to pick another date. Can this be due to Princess changing its plans on repositioning ships? Could that be due to the Regal being added to the fleet?

Word on the street is, Island is going to the Mediterranean.

Those 9 day 'itineraries' are just cobbled together 4 and 5 day routings; something Princess had not done before last year. Don't know how popular the shorter itineraries turned out to be, but I see many of them on sale and personally wish Princess would offer week long trips instead. (But the answer to that will depend not on my preference but the overall popularity of the short trip lengths.)

As for the ship shuffling going on; Princess is putting a smaller ship in Europe to accommodate the upcoming restrictions in Venice. The trickle down from that and the annual re-adjustment of the TA dates results in all sorts of Caribbean cancellations at the end of the previously announced season, still over a year away though.

Edited by cherylandtk

I agree...especially from Houston!!!

I totally agree. We hate the Roatan and Belize run. Guess we will just have to sail RCCL on the Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel itinerary. I don't see why nobody includes Costa Maya on a regular basis from TX. RCCL used to do Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel, but they switched it for Belize. We no longer get off the ship in Belize. It would be nice if we could have a few longer itineraries like RCCL and Celebrity used to offer from Galveston. We really enjoyed our 11 night partial Panama Canal transit.

Edited by DebJ14

Those 9 day 'itineraries' are just cobbled together 4 and 5 day routings; something Princess had not done before last year. Don't know how popular the shorter itineraries turned out to be, but I see many of them on sale and personally wish Princess would offer week long trips instead. (But the answer to that will depend not on my preference but the overall popularity of the short trip lengths.)

I don't have a problem with Princess adding the 3,4,5 day itineraries to the roster if they also rethink the Captain's Circle level requirements. As it stands now, one could take fifteen 3 day voyages and make Elite after 45 days at sea. Our 15 voyages amounted to over 150 days at sea. The minimum days at sea with 15 voyages before the less than 7 day itineraries was 105 days. This is hardly fair financially to see these "Elite Lites" get the same benefits after only 45 days.

As others have stated, the Island is likely headed to Europe. It's also been rumored that the Ruby is headed to South America late next winter and then to the Pacific in the summer to run Alaska. With both the Diamond and Sapphire gone to Asia for the forseeable future, the crown and pacific were brought to alaska. Since only the small ships, and island and coral can sail into venice, it's not surprising to see PCL move one of those vessels to europe. I don't think the Sun, Dawn, or Sea will be leaving Australia anytime soon either.