Ft Lauderdale Hotels

graby5401

Looking for Recommendations on Hotels In Ft Lauderdale!:)

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!:)

This thread will probably move to the Florida Departures board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We like the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle. Free port shuttle. Free breakfast. Free WiFi.

Looking for Recommendations on Hotels In Ft Lauderdale!:)

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!!:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic, graby.

For this information, your best bet is the forum for Florida departures, not the main Royal Caribbean board:

Just read what is already there. :)

Our favorite hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on 17th St. the rooms are large, a full buffet breakfast and evening happy hour are included, and there is a large strip mall behind the hotel with restaurants, a supermarket, etc. There are also other restaurants, CVS, Walgreens and convenience stores within a short walking distance.

Our favorite hotel in the area is Embassy Suites on 17th St. the rooms are large, a full buffet breakfast and evening happy hour are included, and there is a large strip mall behind the hotel with restaurants, a supermarket, etc. There are also other restaurants, CVS, Walgreens and convenience stores within a short walking distance.

Ditto. What a great place to start the vacation!

Is there a water taxi stop near this hotel. I love Embassy Suites!

What is the best way to book this hotel, i.e. cheapest?

Is there a water taxi stop near this hotel. I love Embassy Suites!

What is the best way to book this hotel, i.e. cheapest?

There is a water-taxi stop several blocks up 17th Street at the Hilton Marina - right by the 17th Street bridge.

Dan.

We made the mistake of staying at the Hilton Marina right across the street from the port ... and, while it was nice (if a little bit "Miami Vice" in decor), it was REALLY expensive ... $22.00 for 2 small coffees and stale bagels at their lobby café the next AM .. it was a walk up counter .. AND tip was expected! Exhorbitantly priced cocktails out back at their pool/deck bar too ... don't go here ... wish I had done some research before hand!!

We made the mistake of staying at the Hilton Marina right across the street from the port ... and, while it was nice (if a little bit "Miami Vice" in decor), it was REALLY expensive ... $22.00 for 2 small coffees and stale bagels at their lobby café the next AM .. it was a walk up counter .. AND tip was expected! Exhorbitantly priced cocktails out back at their pool/deck bar too ... don't go here ... wish I had done some research before hand!!

What hotel has reasonably priced bar drinks, cafe etc? I don't know of any and would never eat or drink in one if I didn't have to

We loved the Hilton marina. Location was great and our room spotless. The views were fantastic. The water taxi stop was right on the hotel property. I must admit, it's not a place where I would have expected the food and drink prices to be low....

Check out the Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. While the Embassy Suites are good, I think Hyatt House is a much better value. I've been there in the past year and the suites look as though they are brand spanking new. They were huge and spotless. We had a great 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom and IMO it was much better than Embassy Suites.

The only one advantage that Embassy Suites has over Hyatt House is that it's closer to the cruise port and shops/restaurants. If you have a rental car though, that will be no problem. Hyatt House is just a few minutes in the car from everything you'll need.

This thread will probably move to the Florida Departures board:

We like the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle. Free port shuttle. Free breakfast. Free WiFi.

We stayed there in December, and the shuttle to the port was NOT free.

We loved the Hilton marina. Location was great and our room spotless. The views were fantastic. The water taxi stop was right on the hotel property. I must admit, it's not a place where I would have expected the food and drink prices to be low....

I totally agree, great place to stay and location. There is a dunkin donuts just over the bridge and across the street for coffee. Plenty of places for drinks just a couple blocks west.

A couple of weeks ago I paid $3 for a small bottle of diet Coke at the Hilton Garden Inn front desk. This hotel was barely a 3 star hotel. That's just how it goes in the industry. The alternative is to choose a hotel that has free breakfast and coffee, but I don't know where you are going to find a very nice pool and tiki bar like the Hilton Marina has with inexpensive drinks.

We're staying at Lago Mar Resort in May. Got a good deal. Can't wait! :D Embassy Suites is a great choice, but I just have to try Lago Mar at least once.

I just have to add that of all the choices you've been given, by far the Lago Mar is the best. You just cannot put a value on the beach and the resort.

If can swing it monetarily, skip all the other suggestions and go with the Lago Mar.

We stayed there in December, and the shuttle to the port was NOT free.

I just called there..and asked about the shuttles.thinking of staying here in August....from the airport ..free, to the port ..free..return from port $10..and it states all this on their website..maybe the driver just tried to rip you off? JMHO

I just called there..and asked about the shuttles.thinking of staying here in August....from the airport ..free, to the port ..free..return from port $10..and it states all this on their website..maybe the driver just tried to rip you off? JMHO

Hotels can change policies every week if they'd like. Seasonally things like this change too. August comapred to December are two different animals in Florida.;) Van drivers at hotels are not going to charge people for rides willy nilly.

We are staying at Embassy Suites 2 nights pre cruise for our November cruise. Thanksgiving night and Black Friday. Have never stayed here so can't really give you any feedback. Hopefully it will be a good choice. Seems lots of people stay her pre cruise.