Hey Celebrity !!! Loud Music Does NOT Equal Younger Demographic

kitty9

We returned Thursday from our 3rd Constellation cruise this winter. Celebrity listened and responded to complaints here as promised. On this cruise the music was all but nonexistent in the Martini Bar and trust me, so were the crowds in both the Martini Bar and Cafe Al Bacio. It was definitely disappointing and boring compared to our previous two trips.

[quote name='Oville']We returned Thursday from our 3rd Constellation cruise this winter. Celebrity listened and responded to complaints here as promised. On this cruise the music was all but nonexistent in the Martini Bar and trust me, so were the crowds in both the Martini Bar and Cafe Al Bacio. It was definitely disappointing and boring compared to our previous two trips.[/QUOTE]
Really! It was finally quite and all the Cruise Critic pax went somewhere else anyway? Go figure.:rolleyes:

[quote name='wallie5446']Really! It was finally quite and all the Cruise Critic pax went somewhere else anyway? Go figure.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No, it was quiet, (I assume that's what you meant), and maybe pax went elsewhere. There was never a crowd in the Martini Bar and there were always eager bartenders to serve you during the evening.

Perhaps you don't like a lively vibe, I do. There is overloud and then there is overly sedate. Our last cruise fell into the overly sedate category. Hopefully Celebrity can find a middle ground so all can be happy.

I truly doubt there was an abundance of Cruise Critic passengers on this cruise. My comment was simply in response to Celebrity's response to this thread.

You can post roll eyes to your hearts content, but the Connie wasn't as much fun this cruise as it was in December and January. Edited by Oville

[quote name='Oville']No, it was quiet, (I assume that's what you meant), and maybe pax went elsewhere. There was never a crowd in the Martini Bar and there were always eager bartenders to serve you during the evening.

Perhaps you don't like a lively vibe, I do. There is overloud and then there is overly sedate. Our last cruise fell into the overly sedate category. Hopefully Celebrity can find a middle ground so all can be happy.

I truly doubt there was an abundance of Cruise Critic passengers on this cruise. My comment was simply in response to Celebrity's response to this thread.

You can post roll eyes to your hearts content, but the Connie wasn't as much fun this cruise as it was in December and January.[/quote]

Hi Oville,

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your insights. I'm on Eclipse next week, and will report my observations while onboard. Stay Tuned !

Well, I guess there comes a time when one has to accept that some people are just basically unreasonable. There are several quiet areas of the ship where one can get a drink and enjoy quiet conversation - Ensemble, Passport, Michaels for instance. I wonderful conversations with fellow passengers in several. If someone is not happy with those or in the case of one poster, refuse to acknowledge their existence, then yes, their best option would be to go to their room and sulk - exactly what I would tell my kids to do when they insist on being unreasonable.

That doesn't answer the question of why he should buy a drink from a bar he doesn't frequent, nor why you feel obliged to.

In all likelihood he does go off to some more appealing venue and purchase something there.

Your response about sulking seems unnecessary, so one can only wonder why you suggested that in response.

That doesn't answer the question of why he should buy a drink from a bar he doesn't frequent, nor why you feel obliged to.

In all likelihood he does go off to some more appealing venue and purchase something there.

Your response about sulking seems unnecessary, so one can only wonder why you suggested that in response.

I suggest you read both posts again. He says he will avoid the venue (which is the appropriate response) BUT he goes on to say he won't buy a drink. There are plenty of other bars - some of them quiet and conducive to conversation? So why does he not buy a drink? My question was a valid one seeking clarification as to why not?

Another poster then chimed in with a recurring and extremely frustrating theme in this thread suggesting that there are no other quiet places to get a drink - something any reasonable person would recognize as patently ridiculous. Hence, my suggestion that anyone in that position should exercise what would seem to be their only option - self imposed solitary confinement.

It's important to read a thread carefully in order to ensure you have the right context before you judge a couple of posts you take issue with.

Hi Oville,

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your insights. I'm on Eclipse next week, and will report my observations while onboard. Stay Tuned !

Hi Andy,

I'm on Eclipse next week too. It will be interesting to get observations about the music level from two different people who have never met on the same cruise. I'll be sure to report back as well.

Was Sue Denning the CD? I have read that she keeps it under control. We were on the Eclipse in December and her sub Ben also reigned it in pretty well.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

No, it was quiet, (I assume that's what you meant), and maybe pax went elsewhere. There was never a crowd in the Martini Bar and there were always eager bartenders to serve you during the evening.

You can post roll eyes to your hearts content, but the Connie wasn't as much fun this cruise as it was in December and January.

Sorry, I didn't check the iPad spell ck.

no I was being very tung in cheek with all the comments about people leaving because of the noise. Then when it becomes quiet no one hangs around. We are not fans of sedate either. My attempt at levity went south, sorry.

We are just off Eclipse March 8th. Wonderful cruise..absolutely NO issues in any bars with loud music!!

Thank you for sharing your insights. We look forward to being onboard this coming Saturday.

Sorry, I didn't check the iPad spell ck.

no I was being very tung in cheek with all the comments about people leaving because of the noise. Then when it becomes quiet no one hangs around. We are not fans of sedate either. My attempt at levity went south, sorry.

Sorry, guess I missed the humor.:rolleyes:;)

I suggest you read both posts again. He says he will avoid the venue (which is the appropriate response) BUT he goes on to say he won't buy a drink.

Exactly. It doesn't say he won't buy a drink anywhere else though. The implication is that he wouldn't buy from that venue, hence there is a hit to the revenue of that outlet due to its policies.

There are plenty of other bars - some of them quiet and conducive to conversation? So why does he not buy a drink? My question was a valid one seeking clarification as to why not?

If taken to mean he won't buy one anywhere, that makes sense. However, it didn't say he wouldn't buy elsewhere.

It's important to read a thread carefully in order to ensure you have the right context before you judge a couple of posts you take issue with.

Indeed. Presuming one interpretation then shouting at someone based on that interpretation doesn't go down well.

Exactly. It doesn't say he won't buy a drink anywhere else though. The implication is that he wouldn't buy from that venue, hence there is a hit to the revenue of that outlet due to its policies.

If taken to mean he won't buy one anywhere, that makes sense. However, it didn't say he wouldn't buy elsewhere.

Indeed. Presuming one interpretation then shouting at someone based on that interpretation doesn't go down well.

If you say so. Y'all have a nice day now! :D

It doesnt matter what cruise line you go on they play the music way to loud, especially out by the pools. My children who are in their mid to late 20's even commented that it was so loud it wasn't even enjoyable. You shouldnt have to scream at the person sitting next to you to talk

We sailed the Reflection over Christmas and it was the first time I actually begged for the music in the Martini Bar to be lowered. It was after the first seating and the bar was almost empty. They had hired a Miami DJ to play music. It was so loud the Bartenders couldn't hear our orders. So unpleasant! Forget having any kind of conversation. Between that and the family that was using the martini Bar as a hang out spot with their three year old who went from climbing up on the furniture and jumping off to running to the lower ice bar area and playing in ice. Neither the parents, grandparents or the bar tenders said a word. Then again the music was so loud no one would have heard them. :rolleyes:

Needless to say we left after one drink. FYI we have always enjoyed the music in the Martini Bar on previous sailings. I have two teenage kids and love current music. And I love kids. But seriously, A Latin DJ blasting Salsa hip hop music at 7:30 in the evening? What was Celebrity thinking? Put them in the sky lounge at 11:00pm for dancing and still....Lower The Volume so the bartender can hear my order when I yell it in his ear!

Edited by LINGBER

It doesnt matter what cruise line you go on they play the music way to loud, especially out by the pools. My children who are in their mid to late 20's even commented that it was so loud it wasn't even enjoyable. You shouldnt have to scream at the person sitting next to you to talk

But looking at our list of past cruises you haven't sailed on Celebrity so I'm not sure how you can comment on the new promised level Celebrity has promised. Unfortunately, you also can't comment on any music level on any past Celebrity cruises.

Hi all,

We have been reading the comments on this thread, as well as the other thread. While we don't want to comment on the demographics discussion, as well as who we are attracting, we can say that we are looking into the music issue to determine if and why it is too loud. Apologies that we can't comment any further (at least for now), but wanted to at least let everyone know that we aren't ignoring these discussions, and are in fact looking into this.

I just started reading this and new to forums, I hope it is not loud on my first ever cruise.....bugger that.

I am probably not that old (in 40's), I love loud music, dance music & often will put on headphones with the latest music as loud as I can, it depends on my mood, but, I am not going on a cruise to have a 24/7 dance party ! My wife cannot stand anything like the volume I am ok with, but both of us like to eat in peace, talk to others and will want to enjoy the company of others and entertainment on board.

If we wanted a party or music festival, that is exactly where we would go. Or, more to the point, my wife seems to think some other boats may suit those people, along with lots of kids and poor service etc etc

This topic sounds like when you go to a wedding, top location, great food & company and some idiot allows the DJ to have music of any kind over run everyone because of some twits idea that load music is appropriate all the time, it ruins the event, where as if someone controls the DJ till after the meal, the formalities etc and is at the end of the night, well no one complains about that, and all weddings done properly end at 11 or midnight.

I dislike probably most of the music that will be on my cruise, but I do not care, as long as it is not being pushed down my ear drum and I can eat and sleep in relative peace.

Here is an idea, an area that has great dance music, as loud as one likes.......through supplied wireless headphones !!! :D:D:D or make a sound proof room, it really would not be that hard, but I agree, as even in my twenties I was the same, loved loud nightclubs, but we never ate there or tried to relax or sleep there !

Kill all music of all kinds if you like, we all have ways of doing this via headphones these days !

Edited by greggyw

I am going to guess that you have not been on many cruise lines :). There are plenty of lines that do not "blast" music all day at the pools. In fact, we actually go on some cruises where one can quietly read their books, listen to their own music, etc. You could start by trying lines like HAL, Oceania, Azamara, Seabourn, Silverseas, Regent, Crystal, etc etc.

Hank

They can play songs by Andrea Boccelli .That should be a winner & people can even hold a conversation in peace;) .This is my definition of "Modern Luxury";):D

OMG, Modern Luxury, not in my worst nightmare!

Edited by NLH Arizona