Hey Celebrity !!! Loud Music Does NOT Equal Younger Demographic

kitty9

Just off Reflection and did not encounter ANY music at "deafening" or "concert level" volumes.

DJ music was appropriately loud late at night at the Sky Lounge and of course at the Martini Bar - it's clearly part of what makes this place hop and attract a large crowd. DJ music may have been loud at times (especially if sitting near the speakers) around the pool (not my scene so we sunned ourselves on the deck above - not loud at all) but it didn't seem to drive anyone away.

Live music in the public areas (even after a week I never did quite remember if there were one or two of these spaces) whether it was top 40 by Vibes or swing by the big band (can't remember their name) was loud but certainly not ear splitting - does anyone REALLY expect this sort of music to be played softly??? Live music in the theatre was obviously loud but no louder than any similar productions I have attended off ship.:)

Not once did we encounter "piped music" in public areas, atrium(s), restaurants etc. at levels anywhere near obtrusive. Not once did we have to raise our voices to enjoy conversation. Not once could we not find a pleasant spot (and typically several) somewhere on the ship to enjoy relative silence (I say relative as there's always some bozo who can't discern between talking and shouting). Not once were we unable to find a bar which was unsuitable for quiet conversation.

These discussions always remind me of my late MIL - a delightful woman but one with an infuriating habit of parking herself in front of one of my 4 foot high speakers at parties or large family gatherings and asking that the music be turned down. People, if you find the music too loud in one venue, why not simply move to another?

Once I've gathered my thoughts I'll be offering my review of Reflection on this board. In the meantime, I will simply say that the music on this (our first ever) cruise was a positive contribution to what was one of the most enjoyable weeks of our lives.

Just off the Reflection also and thought the same thing one of the best weeks! I did find it loud in some places but I thought that there was enough quiet spots on the boat.We spent most of our evenings in the Martini bar and loved the Miami Dj's wished they would have turned down a little bit but we didn't feel like we needed to leave.I also enjoyed the variety of music through out the boat.

We were first time Celebrity cruisers on the Century. Because of the loud piped in music we'll never cruise with Celebrity again. There was no avoiding the noise. What a terrible disappointment to sit on deck and view the peaceful ocean with the noise going non-stop. I'll take HAL and Princess over Celebrity. Celebrity, we cruise three times a year--you won't have our business again over something that can be easily fixed. I'd think you'd fix this problem before you lose more business.

I just got off the Silhouette. I personally did not notice the music being too loud in any one area, so maybe they have addressed the issue.

The only issue I had was the proximity of musical groups playing in the bar/lounge next to Murano. Even with the doors closed to the specialty restaurant, you could hear the musicians just outside, in addition to the piped in music overhead. I don't suppose there is any fix to this except for not allowing musical acts to play there until after the restaurant closes down.

I just got off the Silhouette. I personally did not notice the music being too loud in any one area, so maybe they have addressed the issue.

The only issue I had was the proximity of musical groups playing in the bar/lounge next to Murano. Even with the doors closed to the specialty restaurant, you could hear the musicians just outside, in addition to the piped in music overhead. I don't suppose there is any fix to this except for not allowing musical acts to play there until after the restaurant closes down.

When I was on Silhouette, we ate at both Qsine and Tuscan Grill, which are in the same area as Murano, and we never heard anything. Of course, they may have changed the performers since then. There were two young ladies playing guitars when I was on board and they were definitely not loud.

Actually Qsine and Tuscan Grille are a good distance away from Murano. They are down the hall a bit. The musicians were playing right outside the doors of Murano with an amplifier, and they were three women; a trio playing guitars and singing. I liked the music! It was just intrusive to Murano.

We were first time Celebrity cruisers on the Century. Because of the loud piped in music we'll never cruise with Celebrity again. There was no avoiding the noise. What a terrible disappointment to sit on deck and view the peaceful ocean with the noise going non-stop. I'll take HAL and Princess over Celebrity. Celebrity, we cruise three times a year--you won't have our business again over something that can be easily fixed. I'd think you'd fix this problem before you lose more business.

Sad.

When have been on three celebrity cruise ( eclipse, siluette, reflection ) over the last three years ( our only three cruises). After seeing this type of thread many times after our first cruise, I have listened to the music on our last two cruises especialy to the type and volume. Although I can understand the potential issue with the open central foyer I have never thought Any of this was inappropriate in music type or volume. Our last cabin was on the hump midship and we never heard anything in our room and never had a problem finding a place to sit and have a quiet conversation.

On a seven night carribean cruise we would not expect a qiet ,silent ship. Just my two cents.

When have been on three celebrity cruise ( eclipse, siluette, reflection ) over the last three years ( our only three cruises). After seeing this type of thread many times after our first cruise, I have listened to the music on our last two cruises especialy to the type and volume. Although I can understand the potential issue with the open central foyer I have never thought Any of this was inappropriate in music type or volume. Our last cabin was on the hump midship and we never heard anything in our room and never had a problem finding a place to sit and have a quiet conversation.

On a seven night carribean cruise we would not expect a qiet ,silent ship. Just my two cents.

I agree. Our room was also midship on the hump with the sliding doors to the elevator across from our door. Did not hear a thing in our room. I guess I liked the music. Added some excitement and life to the cruise. Now if it was loud in the MDR while dining, I would not have cared for that

Debbie

That the music is so loud that it's turning cruisers off.

Absolutely.

Sad that they will never experience one of the best cruise products out there. Some of the long time CC members that were on that sailing and experienced the loud music have booked the Reflection, the other loud ship. If we all quit going someplace after one bad experience, there would be no business still open. No place or product on earth has 100% satisfaction rating with 100 % of their clients.

Sad that they will never experience one of the best cruise products out there. Some of the long time CC members that were on that sailing and experienced the loud music have booked the Reflection, the other loud ship. If we all quit going someplace after one bad experience, there would be no business still open. No place or product on earth has 100% satisfaction rating with 100 % of their clients.

LOL, Wallie, just give up buddy, just give up.;)

If we all quit going someplace after one bad experience, there would be no business still open.

No, what happens is competitors come in to pick up the customers that the first business discarded.

There'll always be business. People just have to find what suits them. Of course, when a business changes itself then it gets rid of existing customers. The hope is that it will pick up at least as many to replace them.

Totally agree with this comment, especially the last sentence.

We just got off the Summit on Saturday and never experienced the loud music phenomenon. In fact, we met several couples on the first day who said the only drawback to cruising Celebrity is the normally quiet music on the pool deck. We thought that the piped music was a good selection of classic and contemporary if not a bit repetitive by the last day. The live music, although sung by younger performers, was definitely geared towards the blue-haired crowd.

Hi all,

We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Hi all,

We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Thank you.

Hi all,

Thank you.

Hi all,

Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!

Hi all,

Thank you for listening to both sides of the issue.

Hi all,

Thanks with one additional request. At times, depending on the CD, the level of amplification of his or her voice in the atrium can be earsplitting.