Hey Celebrity !!! Loud Music Does NOT Equal Younger Demographic

kitty9

Hi all,

We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Thank you.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that it's always good to know that someone is "listening".

Hi all,

We want to ensure that everyone is enjoying the music on our ship, and we never want to have music that is too loud, or too low. We have looked into the issue, and we will make sure that the volume is corrected on all of our ships. This process may take a few days, but rest assured we have passed on your feedback and want to provide the best cruising experience for all of our guests.

Thank you for posting Celebrity. I'm sailing on Eclipse in 3 weeks. We hope the situation will be improved from what we experienced on Century a few weeks ago, and look forward to enjoying a tylenol free ambiance.

Thank you for posting Celebrity. I'm sailing on Eclipse in 3 weeks. We hope the situation will be improved from what we experienced on Century a few weeks ago, and look forward to enjoying a tylenol free ambiance.

If Sue Denning is still the CD (and she should be since she just came back from vacation in February) you will be fine.

She's a fabulous CD and the music was appropriate everywhere on the ship 3 weeks ago!

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your responses on this thread.

Phil

If Sue Denning is still the CD (and she should be since she just came back from vacation in February) you will be fine.

She's a fabulous CD and the music was appropriate everywhere on the ship 3 weeks ago!

Thank you for sharing observations from your sailing. Sue is scheduled to be onboard, and she's fantastic. I'm optimistic that things will be fine. Stay tuned for updates, when I'm onboard. Can't wait !

I just finished a wonderful 5 day cruise on the Constellation, excellent food and service and yes, the music was too loud in most venues I visited, at the pool, theater, Michael's club adult daycare... I took earplugs with me everywhere just in case, it was that painful...

I'm fresh off the Summit.

On our first day we met a veteran couple who specifically said that the one thing they didn't like about Celebrity is that the music was barely audible on the pool deck. We are young 30-somethings and we also felt that the music was too low on the pool deck, but only on that particular day. There was definitely someone playing with the volume knob because the music became progressively louder each day that the cruise went on. It never got to the point of being too loud in our opinion and felt it fit the mood on the pool deck.

However, the music in the Martini bar around dinner time was definitely a few notches too high. We took our drinks to go, either to Michaels or to the side of the ship to watch the water.

As for the variety of music, we were pleasantly surprised. It definitely fit into the "don't offend anyone" category that I don't really like, but it wasn't bad. The live performers, however, all catered to the older generation and sang the same old songs we've heard a million times which are boring and dull. Does the pianist really need to play Piano Man every night? Does a solo rendition of Somewhere over the Rainbow have to be a cruise staple? Uggh.

Hi all,

Thank you for looking into this!!! I was worried about this for our upcoming cruise on 3/22!

Hi all,

Thank you for your response. We board Equinox in a few days, Friday, and hope to enjoy the Martini Bar with our group of friends from here on Cruise critic. We will share our experience when we return. We are optimistic that the music volume will not be excessively loud as on our last Silhouette cruise.

Once again thank you.

Thank you for your response. We board Equinox in a few days, Friday, and hope to enjoy the Martini Bar with our group of friends from here on Cruise critic. We will share our experience when we return. We are optimistic that the music volume will not be excessively loud as on our last Silhouette cruise.

Once again thank you.

Hi Still-learning,

I hope you will share your observations with us, when you return home. Have a wonderful time on Equinox !

Hi Still-learning,

I hope you will share your observations with us, when you return home. Have a wonderful time on Equinox !

Thank you Host Andy for all you do here on CC. We are enjoying sunny south Florida today and looking forward to a great cruise.

Once again thank you.

Hi Still-learning,

Please do let us know what you thought, the good and otherwise! :rolleyes: We are counting the days till we board the Equinox too! Have a wonderful sailing.

Edited by wallie5446

Jut off Connie. It wasn't the loudest but the "music" in Blu was certainly the most annoying.

A combination of Muzak , new age and techno, it was horrible. I hope the Celebrity brains don't consider this Modern Luxury.:rolleyes:

I didn't find the noise level at the pool to be uncomfortable but then again I didn't hang out by the main pool.

Going back to this threads title, the pool certainly was where the younger crowd congregated.

Just returned from the Celebrity 'Event' in Dallas, the demographic at 60 is us. We were among the youngest there.

Hi Wallie,:) will you post a thread about "the event" for us?

How was it? You were among the youngest?.........hmmmm..........

Hi Wallie,:) will you post a thread about "the event" for us?

How was it? You were among the youngest?.........hmmmm..........

Lois, you have found the thread where a few have commented.:(

Edited by wallie5446

Just returned from the Celebrity 'Event' in Dallas, the demographic at 60 is us. We were among the youngest there.

Interesting....one has to wonder if the thrust of "modern luxury" and changes aimed at attracting younger passengers is working....and whether Celebrity might do better continuing to attract the age base that has made them so successful.

Interesting....one has to wonder if the thrust of "modern luxury" and changes aimed at attracting younger passengers is working....and whether Celebrity might do better continuing to attract the age base that has made them so successful.

From another thread:

As to the 'demographic', My wife struck up a conversation with a few other people, all were RCCL Diamond or D+ with 1 or 2 sailings on Celebrity. We only chatted with 2 that had reached Elite. It would seem they were trying to 'entice' those with a small # of sailings to return.

From another thread:

As to the 'demographic', My wife struck up a conversation with a few other people, all were RCCL Diamond or D+ with 1 or 2 sailings on Celebrity. We only chatted with 2 that had reached Elite. It would seem they were trying to 'entice' those with a small # of sailings to return.

Interesting comment from Mr Fain in a recent CLIA news story

"Fain noted stats that said passengers that have cruised are five times as likely to repeat taking a cruise compared to those that have not sailed".

The rest of the coverage is in the following

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10794-industry-leaders-discuss-global-cruise-business-and-challenges-in-miami.html

I deduce that there is push to find new cruisers to fill the ships and drive the cabin prices up. The old story of supply and demand. Currently, the sharp pricing/ freebies by the cruise lines to fill the overcapacity are going to kill the bottom line.

I think the lines are desperate to jack up demand, by courting younger pax with music ,booze etc. One should enjoy the ride while it lasts,

Was thinking of booking the holiday cruise on the Summit for New Year's but the issue of excessively loud music has me concerned. I already am functioning with only one ear -- I can't afford to lose any hearing in my other ear.

Will hold off on my booking until I hear if the ships have scaled back on the volume or not!