Passport has my old address

I think you only need to change your passport if your name or nationality changes. We didn't get our's redone until recently and we changed addresses 7 years ago.

You could also bring along your driver's license as a secondary form of ID and that likely has been updated.

Tom

Is it ok to write in the back of the passport my new address found a section to do that. My passport is good til 2019 so sure didn't want to have to get another one.

Is it ok to write in the back of the passport my new address found a section to do that. My passport is good til 2019 so sure didn't want to have to get another one.

My passport doesn't have an address. I don't think I have ever even seen one that does. Is yours a US passport? Is it really new? It has been awhile since I got mine so perhaps the address is a new thing.

The 4th page of your passport has your Personal Data and Emergency Contact information. You are requested to use a pencil when filling in the information. This is where you can enter in your new address.

The address in the US passport is optional to fill out. It says to use a pencil to make it easier to change.

If you put your old address in pen; I don't know what to tell you. Either ignore it, or check with the State Dept. to see what they suggest.

Aloha,

John

The 4th page of your passport has your Personal Data and Emergency Contact information. You are requested to use a pencil when filling in the information. This is where you can enter in your new address.

I didn't even know there WAS a page to put your address....learn something new all the time...:)

We've used passports since the early 70's and I never knew there was a page for an address. Proves you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Thanks for the info.

M

Thanks for reminding me. I looked at my info page in my passport. The name for our emergency contact is our oldest son, and it listed his address from three houses ago, and two phone numbers ago too. I would never have remembered to bring that up to date.

Edited by Gayle V