2. Norway.

3. South America.

4. Hawaii.

5. Panama Canal.

6. Suez Canal/Middle East.

7. Western Mediterranean.

9. Australia/New Zealand.

8. Caribbean.

Coming up in March/April , Asia which if it lives up to expectations will probably push one of the above top four down lower.

Would love to do the Galapagos, but the price is really too high for my purse.

Before I leave this earth...those 2 places are on my list. I have wanted

to go Downunder since..well....long before they became "THE Place

to visit"......I see you are in CALIF...so from there, what was the

fly time?:eek:

I agree, two of the places that are a must for me at some time. The only reason I haven't done it yet, is the flying time.

I agree, two of the places that are a must for me at some time. The only reason I haven't done it yet, is the flying time.

Hi Nancy, you only have 1 obstacle though.....I have 3....time, money

and work......

Hi Nancy, you only have 1 obstacle though.....I have 3....time, money

and work......

Hey Lois. LOL! No, I got two, the other is....money!!! The cruise price is fine, but the airfare is a killer. But I'm sure one day we will both be able to cross this off our to-do list.

I booked the Summit out of San Juan again for next January, I really enjoyed that cruise and thought I would do it again.

1. Mediterranean - especially Istanbul, Ephesus, the Amalfi Coast, Rome, Venice, Florence, Barcelona.

2. Baltics - especially St. Petersburg

3. Asia - especially Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Singapore

All of them have historical importance, or beautiful scenery, or a fascinating culture and/or interesting and beautiful architecture.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I hope to add South America from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso to this list the the coming years.

Curious minds want to know. Of the cruise itineraries and/or parts of the world you have cruised, what has been your favorite and why?

As detailed below from our three most recent cruises, we have loved ALL of our cruises, including the most recent, just completed last month, for Australia and New Zealand. Super wonderful. Check out the pictures and details to see why!!

Our first, two earliest cruises, 2006 for Greece, the Turkish Coast and Istanbul, plus 2008 for the Baltics/Russia, were also super great and very interesting. That's it. Just five cruise and it has been a wonderful ride, seeing so many different locations, enjoying great history, architecture, nature, wildlife, people, etc., etc.

Our history has been to focus on locations we want to visit and do. We have not sailed just to "float on a boat". Have used four different cruise lines for these five "adventures". On our "down under" cruise, we had six other couples traveling with us. That added significantly to the fun and excitement.

Check out the smiles and sights on the pictures below to see why and how.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at over 41,250 views for this fun posting.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 163,968 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 135,842 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Most of my friends, although we've all sailed together many times, think we're crazy! We are definitely addicted.

To other friends and acquaintances, we reply, "the next one.":D

Edited by Cancruz

Two favorites:

Asia: why, because it is so exotic and different!

New Zealand and Australia: why, because if there are more friendly people on the planet than in those two countries (other than Canada--have yet to meet a Canadian that I did not like), I have yet to meet them. Also, the scenery is worth the trip to get there!

We have been cruising for a long time, 30+ years.

Carribean

Alaska

Hawaii

Western Mediterranean

Eastern Mediterranean

Baltics

Transatlantics

Transpacific

Mexico

South America

California Coastal

British Isles

Mediterranan, either Western or Eastern, includiing the Middle East. We have returned many times, lots of history, culture and color. From Lisbon to Istanbul, Venice to Israel and Egypt and Athens and Rome, hard to beat these ports. We have visited almost every port in the Mediterranean and still enjoy returning.

We are booked this spring on the Neiuw Amsterdam on a TA ending up in Barcelona and on the Celebrity Silhouette out of Rome in October going to Israel and Turkey and the Greek Islands.

Any cruise in the Mediterranean is wonderful.

Hey Lois. LOL! No, I got two, the other is....money!!! The cruise price is fine, but the airfare is a killer.
Not just the airfare. The air time is a killer.

We keep saying how much we would love to go to Australia + New Zealand if only they would move them closer. ;)

Now if Celebrity would offer a round-trip Australia + New Zealand cruise from the US west coast....... Sigh (just dreaming, but maybe one day).

Hands down it is Galapagos! To the person who said it was too strenuous for DW, if she can get in and out of a Zodiac she can go and likely get a lot out of it. Several people were unable to do the walks, but they toured the coast of the islands in Zodiacs and came ashore on easy and dry landings for short walks. The naturalists just helped them in and out of the Zodiacs.