Question for Seasoned Cruisers

vmarq

Eastern Caribbean

Western Caribbean

Southern Caribbean

Alaska

South East Asia

Favorite: Toss up between Alaska and Asia (with the edge to Asia)

Asia because it was so exotic and cultural and just amazing. Alaska because the natural beauty was just breathtaking. Both sailings were on M-class ships.

Curious minds want to know. Of the cruise itineraries and/or parts of the world you have cruised, what has been your favorite and why?

We love a cruise that has Venice, Santorini(Oia), Malta, Rhodes, etc. South America was very special for the Patagonia area. So many places, so little time!

Gosh, what a hard question. There are so many, but these are my best in no particular order:

Antarctica - One of the most beautiful serene places on this earth

2,010 down the Amazon - just darn exciting and got to see Boto dolphins (pink river dolphins)

Norway - homeland of my father

The Mediterranean - Greece, Turkey, Italy, etc. fantastic ruins and the people were fantastic

Alaska - Beautiful and there are the whales

New England - I just love New England and the fall colors

Curious minds want to know. Of the cruise itineraries and/or parts of the world you have cruised, what has been your favorite and why?

1. Mediterranean - especially Istanbul, Ephesus, the Amalfi Coast, Rome, Venice, Florence, Barcelona.

2. Baltics - especially St. Petersburg

3. Asia - especially Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Singapore

All of them have historical importance, or beautiful scenery, or a fascinating culture and/or interesting and beautiful architecture.

The Norwegian Fjords on the Century. Small ship. So much beauty of the natural world to wonder at. Incredibly nice people.

Otherwise I've loved them all.

1) Cruise on Equinox to the Med....Rome, Siclily, Naples, Mykonos,

Santorini, Rhodes, Athens and Ephesus.....omg....why? The history

is just amazing:D.....the scenery isn't chopped liver either;)

2) Alaska...it is majestic.

Been to the Med 5-6 times, Caribbean too many to count, Mexico x 5, Alaska twice, New Zealand, Norway/North Sea, but the most beautiful was definitely Tahiti. . .hands down winner for beauty. But for history, architecture, wonderment and awe, surely many Med ports qualify for that.

The absolute best - circumnavigation of Australia, then several ports in New Zealand, a total of 34 days onboard, plus several days pre-cruise in Sydney. Spectacular and varied scenery, people who actually LIKE Americans in every port, an aft cabin with unbelievable/mesmerizing views of the wake, a beautiful ship and crew, just a true 'bucket list' cruise! The only negatives- the flight time to get there and get home, plus getting an ear infection and missing snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. Must go back and try again!

So far:

1.) Alaska

2.) Panama Canal

3.) New England/Canada

We love the Caribbean but unlike the top three, it's become more of an escape from winter than a destination cruise.

The absolute best - circumnavigation of Australia, then several ports in New Zealand, a total of 34 days onboard, plus several days pre-cruise in Sydney. Spectacular and varied scenery, people who actually LIKE Americans in every port, an aft cabin with unbelievable/mesmerizing views of the wake, a beautiful ship and crew, just a true 'bucket list' cruise! The only negatives- the flight time to get there and get home, plus getting an ear infection and missing snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. Must go back and try again!

Before I leave this earth...those 2 places are on my list. I have wanted

to go Downunder since..well....long before they became "THE Place

to visit"......I see you are in CALIF...so from there, what was the

fly time?:eek:

Another vote for the Galapgos Islands, with Australia - New Zealand and South America close behind. I also love the Mediterranean and Adriatic, especially Santorini, Dubrovnik and Kotor.

Sheila

Before I leave this earth...those 2 places are on my list. I have wanted

to go Downunder since..well....long before they became "THE Place

to visit"......I see you are in CALIF...so from there, what was the

fly time?:eek:

I'm trying to convince DW that the flight time is manageable if we do: JFK to LAX, pause, LAX to Hawaii, pause, then Hawaii to Australia. But it's hard to do that in less than 30 days.

Last year we did a two week or so Azamara to Southeast Asia that was terrific! Also we have done 3 Paul Gaugin cruises to Tahiti. That having been said we always enjoy Celebrity, especially Aqua class.

I'm trying to convince DW that the flight time is manageable if we do: JFK to LAX, pause, LAX to Hawaii, pause, then Hawaii to Australia. But it's hard to do that in less than 30 days.

Hi:).we are both in the Eastern Timezone so the same amount of time

away....Florida...to LAX.......30 days off in a row? I would do it in

a heartbeat but I have to work for at least 10 more years:eek::rolleyes::confused:

first.......