Quantum, Cape Liberty update

It looks as if the new terminal is being built where the old handicapped parking lot was. Does anybody know where it was moved to? I will be sailing in September with my 81 year old mom and the old lot worked out perfectly for her.

Edited by catcruzer

Wonder why they canceled the transatlantic trips?

Pure speculation, but they were based on schedules made far out in advance, one chink in the chain could have a domino effect. Interesting to watch though.

It looks as if the new terminal is being built where the old handicapped parking lot was. Does anybody know where it was moved to? I will be sailing in September with my 81 year old mom and the old lot worked out perfectly for her.

Wow, wish I'd thought to ask.....grr...I can't help but think that it's in the regular lot, just closest to the fence....I can try and find out, I have a friend who works at the pier, though, sometimes well, guessing would get you more accurate info..LOL:eek::p

Thanks for the regular photo updates.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

You're welcome!!

Awesome. Thanks Meg!

You're welcome...not sure when I will get back up there...I have friends sailing in August and I may go see them off.....

Hi All, we are sailing July 31st on EOS for 9 nights. Will definitely post photos of the pier area that day. Cannot wait to see the pier and what they have done so far up close and personal. ;)

Anxious to see their progress by end of July, look forward to your pictures. Thanks and enjoy the Explorer!

What was the handicapped lot is now a staging area for the ironwork.

The new terminal is being constructed on the area Southeast of there and it appears it will be very close to the Teardrop memorial as well as being much closer to the edge of the dock.

The handicapped parking might now be changed to the other side of the old terminal, but from the newest photos that is not shown. That being said, I am sure they have made appropriate parking as close to the current terminal as possible for those with special needs.

bosco

The handicapped parking is almost as close to the main terminal as it was before. It is now located at the entrance of the new (temp.) parking area. If you look at the picture from megr and follow the white drop off tent straight down, the handicapped parking is between the next set of buildings. That is also where the parking is paid for.

Hope that makes sense.

My guess would be, RCCL ordered three ships, one for Asia, one for Europe and one for North America. Now based on more current demand planning, moving the 1st of the Quantum series to Asia makes more economic sense. Sadly enough for CC followers, as we are primarily North Americans and Europeans. Can't say I've really come across an associate CC poster from Asia...

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe you're just checking out the wrong forums... :rolleyes:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=port+jersey%3Dport+authority+marine+terminal+cape+liberty&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

This framework does not match the concept plans at all. It is being built entirely too close to the existing building for it to work out as shown. I think they ditched those plans are going with something else.

I did not think it was possible to complete the planned building, garage, road work, and fit out the building by November.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=port+jersey%3Dport+authority+marine+terminal+cape+liberty&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

This framework does not match the concept plans at all. It is being built entirely too close to the existing building for it to work out as shown. I think they ditched those plans are going with something else.

I did not think it was possible to complete the planned building, garage, road work, and fit out the building by November.

Hard to say how close the construction is to the latest concept plans. Need to see it from more angles. Definitely doesn't match original plans.

88e05076bdcfed1eb3d3e78c92752974.jpg

98b03e1cc1b7641c49653978ec2e1ec2.jpg

Yes, who knows WHAT it will look like, THOUGH the steel framework in my photo COULD maybe be sort of where the gray building is, to the left in the bottom photo that Lloyd555 posted?

I do not think everything will be done, but then again, they were working a few weeks ago when I was there on a Saturday, however there wasn't anything happening on Sunday...

Yes, who knows WHAT it will look like, THOUGH the steel framework in my photo COULD maybe be sort of where the gray building is, to the left in the bottom photo that Lloyd555 posted?

I do not think everything will be done, but then again, they were working a few weeks ago when I was there on a Saturday, however there wasn't anything happening on Sunday...

If you look at the top photo (same grey building) you can see that the roof shape and placement match with the structure being built. So it likely does not match what was originally shown, but it does seem to match the latest information.

These rendering are more in line with what is being built. The building should go up fast. It looks like the floor is being laid as the go. It won't be long and the will be putting the skin on frame. Maybe there won't even be a parking garage. I figured parking price would go way up if the build a garage.

What's with RC and their secrecy about everything?????

These rendering are more in line with what is being built. The building should go up fast. It looks like the floor is being laid as the go. It won't be long and the will be putting the skin on frame. Maybe there won't even be a parking garage. I figured parking price would go way up if the build a garage.

What's with RC and their secrecy about everything?????

Maybe they dropped those plans. The garage was causing additional delays. After Sandy they wanted things raised in that area since it flooded out. It effected the terminal as well and may be why the design was changed to meet the new requirements.

I just got off the Explorer a few weeks ago. While onboard I went down to the reservations office to cancell my December cruise on QOS as I just didn't want to deal with that shuttle again! The woman I spoke to said as far as they knew the new facility would be ready in time. She mentioned that they just bring the parts in and set them in place. So that does sound like a pre fab . So if thats the case maybe it will be ready. Anyway she convienced me not to cancel and said as far as they knew everything was on schedule.
That has to be the most ridiculous reason I have ever heard in my life to cancel a cruise!!!....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail