Quantum, Cape Liberty update

If you search google and bing - there is a live webcam of the construction site - google Cape Liberty construction and when you scroll down you will find it - I think the word camera is in the description - I don't know the address or I would put the link here - not sure how to do that - sorry

Thanks for sharing. Between the Quantum/Anthem/Oasis? build the Port Canaveral web cam and now the Cape Liberty web cam I'll never get anything done.:eek::D

I'm right there with you on that.

Oh man. At the same time this is both great and terrible. I need to make a vow to not check the webcam more than once a day. Alright fine, twice a day.

my husband and I took our honeymoon on the atlantic to Bermuda in 1981 - you brought back nice memories - going on the quantum 12/27 - 33 years of cruising together <3

Wow that's something... Atlantic was our first cruise. We honeymooned in Bermuda in 1979 and loved it there so much when my parents suggested a cruise, we jumped on it. Funny, we had an inside cabin that was a teeny little thing, with twin beds that were in an L shape. There was barely enough room to get past each other but we had a ball. And the inside cabin was just under $1000 p/person... a lot of money in those days.

Nice memories indeed!

Is there a map anywhere for the new terminal? Specifically I'm trying to get a feel for using public transportation to exit and get to NYC. Thanks!

I haven't seen a map just the previously released terminal rendering that came out last summer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app

Is there a map anywhere for the new terminal? Specifically I'm trying to get a feel for using public transportation to exit and get to NYC. Thanks!

The new terminal is right next to the old terminal and this should give you an idea of the roads to the port/pier.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cape+Liberty+Cruise+Port/@40.664403,-74.1191589,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x7e3598347b19bfb1

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Looks like they are almost done with the framework. I guess the tall extra strong section to the right will be where the Bridge(s) will lead out to the ship. Hopefully they have escalators and a few elevators inside. This should leave the bridge shorter and not too steep.

The roof is coming along too. Once they cover this end we won't be able to see much of what's going on though.

No parking garage yet. I hope they are still building one as it would be nice to have the entire loading/unloading process under cover for those bad weather days. But I'm sure the price to park will jump dramatically with a garage.

Looks like they are almost done with the framework. I guess the tall extra strong section to the right will be where the Bridge(s) will lead out to the ship. Hopefully they have escalators and a few elevators inside. This should leave the bridge shorter and not too steep.

The roof is coming along too. Once they cover this end we won't be able to see much of what's going on though.

No parking garage yet. I hope they are still building one as it would be nice to have the entire loading/unloading process under cover for those bad weather days. But I'm sure the price to park will jump dramatically with a garage.

The parking garage will be in that flat area to the left of the camera. I'm hoping there will be a camera angle to follow that construction process as well.

It looks like there is a large elevator/escalator pit on the lower right of the image.

bosco

I'm hoping it's all done by November 23rd when we sail out on the Inaugural. What I'm afraid of is it will be chaos instead.

I was hoping for a camera that would turn toward the ship. That would be COOL.

I'm hoping it's all done by November 23rd when we sail out on the Inaugural. What I'm afraid of is it will be chaos instead.

It's scheduled to be done.... we shall see soon enough.

The 2 and 3 night sailings will have to use it first, so I'm hoping any chaos and confusion will be figured out from those sailings giving us a smoother boarding process for the inaugural.

I thought they stated earlier that the new "terminal" would be operational for the inaugural Quantum cruise. I don't remember seeing anything about the parking garage being ready. The terminal, pending setbacks, will be ready for sure. I doubt the garage will be ready though. Unless they will get the space ready once the heavy machinery is cleared from putting the terminal framing up???