Concierge lounge/ Diamond Lounge

Bav

Was this a specific cruise only or a new change Freedom class wide ? If so I for one won't be happy...love the patio area and with the gate It's very easy to have that area secure from the general public...They have lot's of space all over the entire ship...sad that a little piece of ours has been commandeered :(:(

On Indy in February, the patio area was still part of the Diamond Lounge.

On sister ship Freedom, the patio is no longer part of the DL. If used as an exit, you cannot get back in, and the patio is now open to the public from the staircase.

Sorry to hear that. We were on Freedom this summer and used both lounges. We spent more time in the CL because it was so close to our room but when we went into the DL, we liked the patio area to sit and have our food and drinks. The DL was larger and had windows but the people were not very friendly. Several people would save large sitting areas for their friends who were coming later. When the CL was crowded, people squeezed together, brought in extra chairs and welcomed all who came in.

It is kind of interesting that on the three Freedom Class ships the DL is much nicer than the CL.

I think that is because the CL's are going to be for Suite Guests and maybe Pinnacles in the near future. It doesn't need to be as large. The Diamond Lounges will be for Diamond Plus Guests and maybe Diamond Guests, but my guess is Diamond Guests will soon be given drink coupons encrypted in their sea pass cards in the future and not be allowed access to the Diamond Lounges.

Hey, that is my guess based on reading the writing on the wall, so don't kill the messenger please.

We also noticed you could not use the DL outside deck on the Freedom any longer

either, but it may have been due to the blast of wind coming in when that big door

is open. Overflow was in both cards rooms, which we enjoyed and was actually quieter,

but the service was extremely slow. Not enough crew staff to supply both areas I

think.

The CL was nuts as usual, but seating opened up as first MDR seating time arrived,

as it was in the DL too. We usually just kept to the DL for the better view.

And as Patti and Jim pointed out, we only received a letter from Bertie the DL concierge,

and his daily phone messages.

Edited by island lady

Soon to be the same with the Voyager class ships too.:)

Please...please tell me the Explorer is getting a DL!! :)

Though I will enjoy my cabin in December being only two away from the CL! ;)

Edited by island lady

Please...please tell me the Explorer is getting a DL!! :)

Royal has not published the plans for Explorer, but they have installed a DL on Mariner and Navigator. I'd be surprised if they didn't do the same to the 3 other Voyager class ships.

Royal has not published the plans for Explorer, but they have installed a DL on Mariner and Navigator. I'd be surprised if they didn't do the same to the 3 other Voyager class ships.

Thanks Bob! And drats....I also noticed nothing on the new deck plans after

dry dock. I was hoping they just forgot to show it. :(

I love where they put the new DL on the Radiance, but looks like no plans for

one on the Jewel for that series. Hope that is not the case for EX for the Voyager class.

Edited by island lady

Thanks Bob! And drats....I also noticed nothing on the new deck plans after

dry dock. I was hoping they just forgot to show it. :(

I love where they put the new DL on the Radiance, but looks like no plans for

one on the Jewel for that series. Hope that is not the case for EX for the Voyager class.

Here is the Enhancement List http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf As you can see Explorer is scheduled for February of 2015 and Jewel for April of 2016.

The current deck plans for Explorer as well as Jewel will not reflect any additions or changes. Once the ships go in for dry dock new deck plans will be available on the RCI site.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here is the Enhancement List http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf As you can see Explorer is scheduled for February of 2015 and Jewel for April of 2016.

The current deck plans for Explorer as well as Jewel will not reflect any additions or changes. Once the ships go in for dry dock new deck plans will be available on the RCI site.

Thanks again Bob! :)

I will be on EX in August and December. Looks like I will just miss the new renovation

coming up 2/15. I think it was scheduled for earlier and got pushed back.

Guess I will just have to go again just to check it out. ;) :D

Thanks again Bob! :)

I will be on EX in August and December. Looks like I will just miss the new renovation

coming up 2/15. I think it was scheduled for earlier and got pushed back.

Guess I will just have to go again just to check it out. ;) :D

It must be pushed back again as she is sailing out of PC until early March 2015

[quote name='Ashland'][B]Was this a specific cruise only or a new change Freedom class wide ? If so I for one won't be happy...love the patio area and with the gate It's very easy to have that area secure from the general public...They have lot's of space all over the entire ship...sad that a little piece of ours has been commandeered :(:([/B][/quote]
are you serious? or is this meant to be funny