Blu Breakfast opinions?

JEDIKNIGHT

It seems that suite pax have “Blu” as a breakfast option.

Has anyone here done Blu breakfast? Is it better than the MDR breakfast or even buffet if one is doing the typical omelette or ham-eggs meal?

Thanks

Hi, I have been in AQ twice and I must say, I LOVE the breakfasts in

there:D....in my opinion, it is better than the main dining room and

better than the buffet.

I don't normally do pancakes on my cruises but I had the ones in Blu....

DELICIOUS:)......not too heavy, not too light, perfect consistancy and

flavorful too....

I have also had the omelette....and I love asparagus and you can get

that included in it. I feel like it is much more than a "ho hum" breakfast.

They have yogart parfaits too...absolultely yummy:)

Like I said, it is just my opinion...the breakfasts get a big thumbs up

from me.:D

Are complimentary cappuccinos, espressos included with the AQ breakfasts? We usually eat breakfast in the elite lounge because we enjoy the continental-type

menu and the cappuccino. We have booked an AQ cabin for our next cruise because we have heard such great reviews on Blu; but I didn't even consider that they served breakfasts.

Are complimentary cappuccinos, espressos included with the AQ breakfasts? We usually eat breakfast in the elite lounge because we enjoy the continental-type

menu and the cappuccino. We have booked an AQ cabin for our next cruise because we have heard such great reviews on Blu; but I didn't even consider that they served breakfasts.

The breakfasts in Blu are wonderful, but the lattes and expressos are not complimentary. We generally have breakfast in blu and then go to the elite lounge for a latte.

The breakfasts in Blu are wonderful, but the lattes and expressos are not complimentary. We generally have breakfast in blu and then go to the elite lounge for a latte.

You can also receive bloody marys etc.; and the smoked salmon is wonderful. I agree that the pacakes are outstanding; and, one of my favorites is eggs up with the asparagus, fingerling potatoes, mushrooms and bacon.

Lois and Justcrsn…thanks for the replies.

What about ‘Bistro on 5’…any experience with that venue?

We love Bistro on 5 and typically go there for lunch on embarkation day to avoid the buffet crowds. The egg filled crepes at breakfast are very good, but my favourite is one I like for lunch called the Hot and Spicy Crepe. Bistro is also open very long hours, so it's convenient if you don't feel like eating during "regular" meal times.

Lois and Justcrsn…thanks for the replies.

What about ‘Bistro on 5’…any experience with that venue?

Yes, I have eaten there several times over the years:) In my opinion

it is quite good. All different crepes....breakfast, lunch, dinner and

dessert:D.....try the one with nutella and bannana....it is delicious!

I know some folks don't like it there but you know how subjective

the topic of food can be on here:eek:.

They also serve salads and panninis!........it is 5.00 per person, all you

care to eat. So if you want a salad and 2 crepes? It is still only 5

bucks..........

Specialty coffees are not complimentary in Blu.

Breakfast in Blu is a first rate experience. We experienced Blu on the Reflection last year and found that we could request items that were not on the breakfast menu, and the staff was able to fill those requests.

While I am not usually a big French Toast guy, their version was outstanding.

The atmosphere is much calmer and enjoyable than the buffet (although I do enjoy eating breakfast outdoors). MDR breakfasts while enjoyable do not measure up to Blu.

JMO, but I think breakfast in Blu is one of the best reasons to book AQ.

It is a good experience to have breakfast in Blu but bear in mind it is not a quick experience as they cook to order, usually it takes around 30 mins but last two weeks on Silhouette 30 mins was the fastest they managed, 50 the longest but there were efficiency issues there

The muesli in Blu is fabulous, they make it at your table and you choose what you want in it. You also get freshly squeezed juice in Blu unlike the MDR where you have to pay extra. Unlike the previous post, we never had such long delays before getting our food but that probably varies from ship to ship. There was also a parfait that everybody loved.

Wonderful breakfasts in Blu. They will make anything you want. We never had to wait very long either.

Yes, Agreed!

We always book AQ for this reason: awesome food& excellent service.

if you want a specialty coffee, They WILL get it for you, but it is extra, unless you buy the bev package, which we always do as well

Enjoy!

We LOVED eating breakfast in Blu, but the breakfast menu is rather small and it stays the same all week. I guess we could have added more variety if we had thought to request something not on the menu. As others have mentioned, the calm and peaceful atmosphere of Blu is especially appreciated in the morning. Bonus: A complimentary glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice is a nice way they start every breakfast in Blu.

(The dinner menu in Blu changes each night which made us look forward to trying something new.)

We also loved having breakfast in Blu, to us one of the best suite perks. The Maitre D made us feel welcome and kept inviting us to try it for dinner.

Bistro in 5 is our favorite for lunch on embarkation day and sea days.

Loved it. However, "Vermont Maple Syrup" is listed on the menu with the French Toast. They have no idea what that is, and simply offer the corn syrup stuff from the dispenser. Disappointing.
Fortunately we got real maple syrup on our cruise.

Since I eat mostly protein for breakfast and try to stay away from carbs and sugar, I did not eat any museli, 2 parfaits, no pancakes, or French Toast in BLU...NEVER have smoothies because of the sugar!

If eating sugar, it will be chocolate!

Altho the eggs were good, I have had equally good food in other venues on ship....try eggs benedict station on Connie!!!!!..some ships do have the waffle, pancake station that has nothing to do with BLU!

My BLU experience was on Med 12 day/Equinox May 2013.

We live in an area that serves a variety of interesting food and we cook at home with spices & fresh everything;therefore, I thought the menu was just OK, eating mostly fish; some of the other dinner dishes were not tasty and I left feeling unsatisfied...I am not one of those who "requests" items

not on menu.

Currently, I prefer CC cabins and specialty restaurants, Bistro on 5 is a well kept secret/some of the best salads on ship and wonderful crepes (had no idea before what they were)...I like the variety of other venues, including MDR, ....

I always buy pass to Persian Gardens for the heated lounges on every ship that has them (including Princess)....

Barb

Try it and you will see. I agree having breakfast in Blu is way better than dining in the MDR.

My DW and I appear to be in the minority we dined in Blu once on each of the cruises that we were entitled. We much prefer to eat in the Oceanview Cafe. We like the variety, speed, and the fact that we can eat outside. Just something special for us to have a hot breakfast outside. We feel the Solstice class ship's Oceanview Cafe offerings and layout are excellent.