No Limes on the ALLURE!!

S&DMOM

So can we bring along a bag of our own limes?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Probably not. All kinds of rules and regulations on bringing fruits on or taking fruits off of cruise ships. Not line specific, agricultural related rules.

Probably not. All kinds of rules and regulations on bringing fruits on or taking fruits off of cruise ships. Not line specific, agricultural related rules.

That's what i was thinking but thought maybe if we brought them on when we boarded in the US. I could except an escargot shortage but I NEED my limes :) Might need to ask for a discount on my drink package, lol.

Off topic, but I'm not sure how else to ask you this question… I'll be on the Grandeur in a few weeks and I'm curious if deck 10 is open after the damage? Or what if anything is off limits right now? Thanks!!

Deck 10 is open. A very small area is roped off. Captain Bean said the aluminum decking that was damaged will be repaired soon in Bermuda. I apologize if this is already posted. Still onboard and reading on my iPhone.

Still no limes. I've had to switch to olives in my martinis. ;)

I caught the end of a news item about limes - expensive because of the Mexican drug cartel! Missed what the connection was - k now it sounds crazy!

Read post #8 on page one. It gives a good explanation of the cartels.

I love seeing this thread. I had a rough week but I keep thinking, "but there are no limes on Allure". Makes me feel a bit better.

LOL

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

In our local grocery store in SW FL limes were 3 gor $1. Yesterday they were 3 for $1.99.

They were smaller than normal. I checked and they were a product of Mexico.

Alternative might be to take one of those squeeze lime juices. I keep both the lemon and the lime squeezer in the fridge for cooking. Sometimes use the lime juice for a vodka/tonic.

Silly question, but can you bring limes with you when you board?

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm going to guess No on that. Jus like you can't transport citrus into California or Florida because of the risk of contamination. Same reason you can't take fruit off the ship at each port. One foreign bug can wipe out the entire crop and devastate the industry.

Also, limes in the supermarket here (AZ) have basically doubled (or more) in price recently. In some stores, limes are $1.49 each. It makes every Margarita and Mojito "top shelf" despite using cheap booze.

Someone really needs to make a First World Problems meme about this...
LOl. Noticed yesterday at Gateway a local store here 5 limes for 2 dollars.

I will just have to drink twice as much on board. After the first 2 will not notice if anything is missing. Cheers.

We went to Sabor on Navigator last Friday, and they made the guacamole with lemons! I thought it tasted awful, as I don't like lemons in the first place. Sabor did a guacamole making demo by the pool earlier in the week, and they made it with limes and it tasted great. You'd think they would find a way to at least have limes for what is supposed to be the centerpiece of eating at that restaurant.

Someone really needs to make a First World Problems meme about this...

Limes are important.

They've gone unrecognized and unappreciated for far too long.

Posts like these (and the many before these). I just don't get it.

I literally read posts on these boards every day to the effect of which side of the room the bed is on, what ply toilet paper they have in the bathrooms, who the headliner guests are going to be for a cruise a year away, and which bartender will be on which ship next year.

Nobody bats an eyelash. BUT, when somebody posts that you can't get something that is a staple in many drinks and apparently their specialty restaurants, people laugh and roll their eyes. :confused: