Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014

That makes booking onboard our cruise next week a little more tempting. I assume, like Celebrity, that the deposit is refundable if we changed our mind and wanted to cancel, or moveable to another sailing?

Oh, and thank you for this answer and the drydock anwser. ;)

rolloman - If you just booked, you got a pretty good deal on your stateroom, already :) There are a bunch of us on that sailing. Come join us on the RC. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43856760&posted=1#post43856760

Edited by Iamthesea

That makes booking onboard our cruise next week a little more tempting. I assume, like Celebrity, that the deposit is refundable if we changed our mind and wanted to cancel, or moveable to another sailing?...

The deposit for booking a specific cruise is fully refundable before final payment date. The deposit for purchasing a Next Cruise certificate is not supposed to be refundable, but some have reported getting refunds with these too.

That makes booking onboard our cruise next week a little more tempting. I assume, like Celebrity, that the deposit is refundable if we changed our mind and wanted to cancel, or moveable to another sailing?

Oh, and thank you for this answer and the drydock anwser. ;)

rolloman - If you just booked, you got a pretty good deal on your stateroom, already :) There are a bunch of us on that sailing. Come join us on the RC. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43856760&posted=1#post43856760

You can only change to another ship once. And still get OBC. Cabin or category changes are allowed. So far I have made 5 changes.

Edited by rt1092

I would not bother with another NCC. Their value in OBC has been greatly reduced. I'd book a specific cruise and then change it later.

While that may work for the short term it appears that Royal realizes that is a loophole and in the fine print of the terms and conditions you will find this:

"If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise."

I would imagine if they feel too many are changing they will simply institute this. Much like transferring a reservation to a TA right before final payment went the way of the dinosaur.

While that may work for the short term it appears that Royal realizes that is a loophole and in the fine print of the terms and conditions you will find this:

"If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise."

I would imagine if they feel too many are changing they will simply institute this. Much like transferring a reservation to a TA right before final payment went the way of the dinosaur.

I agree. This clause was discussed when the new NCC terms appeared this past March. They told us at the time that they would allow one or two changes without losing the OBC value for specific cruises. If they end up not allowing any changes without the loss of OBC, then it would not be attractive to me to book cruises on board.

Edited by clarea

• 4 weeks later...
Current C&A balcony discounts Per Cabin (as of 1/21/2011) are as follows:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board. OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Do above fixed balcony discount amounts still apply? The reservation Office in Europe Keep telling me this has changed and it is totaly flexibel now. Where can you find this detailed overview on the webside? Thanks for any input!

Do above fixed balcony discount amounts still apply? The reservation Office in Europe Keep telling me this has changed and it is totaly flexibel now. Where can you find this detailed overview on the webside? Thanks for any input!

To my knowledge, Patti's list is still accurate.

I don't believe there is one place on the website that shows a detailed overview. However, you can log in to the website and see the discounts that apply to your C&A level in the C&A section.

Thanks. In the member section under benefits (the colored overview) the balcony discount is explained without figures. I also donot find any amounts in the Q&As. The European reservation office still say this is flexible and above list is no longer applicable. I wish Royal would have not closed all the good local offices with real experts. The staff in the new call centers have no knowledge and history about the product. All sold mobile phone contracts or insurances before I believe...

• 1 month later...
Do they split the OBC, or will the first person on the reservation get all the OBC?

I don't recall. However, if it's not the way you want it, go to Guest Services and they can move the OBC.

Edited by clarea

Do they split the OBC, or will the first person on the reservation get all the OBC?

Our experience has been that it always goes to the first person listed on the reservation, but Guest Services can switch/split it easily.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it true that if you take the "Diamond" balcony discount, it will reduce the amount of your senior discount, and thus loss of the full Diamond benefit?

That has not been the policy so far.

Edited by clarea

Is it true that if you take the "Diamond" balcony discount, it will reduce the amount of your senior discount, and thus loss of the full Diamond benefit?

I just booked a cruise, using the senior discount, and still received the full C&A Discount (in my case, Diamond Plus).

I have heard that they will adjust the OBC for the "book on board" future cruise, if you use the 150% solo discount for C&A Members with 350+ points.

In my case .....

It seems if priced without C/A discount first, and then with balcony discount,

your price is not reduced by full amount of yr Diamond-Plus benefit.

Which cruise and category? I'd like to check out my discount.

Clarea.....If you are senior and Diamond, and able to ck the "summary of charges" before and after balcony discount, you may see senior disc. reduced, and total cabin cost not fully reduced....More obvious on 14 nite balcony cabin...

Clarea.....If you are senior and Diamond, and able to ck the "summary of charges" before and after balcony discount, you may see senior disc. reduced, and total cabin cost not fully reduced....More obvious on 14 nite balcony cabin...

Would you please post the ship, sailing date, and category so I can check out the prices I see.

The Allure sails 4/19/15 Cat. 5,,,,,Thought final shld be $2321.16...What happens? thks

This is what I see for a D5 stateroom:

1) No Senior, no balcony discount: $3764.18 with $600 OBC

2) Senior, no balcony discount: $2646.18, no OBC. Each guest gets $559 discount.

3) Senior, with balcony discount: $2441.18, no OBC. Guest 1 gets $764 discount, Guest 2 gets $559 discount.

I don't understand how they come up with $205 extra discount for guest 1 in case #3. Balcony discount should be $325 for D+ on a 12 day cruise.:confused: I also don't understand why my numbers are different than yours, unless you're getting a different residency discount.

Edited by clarea

Bob...... Exactly the problem..

Because if your case #2 ($2646.18) then takes $325, balcony discount...final price should be $2321.18, not $2441.18....Believe RCL has reduced the senior benefit for guest #1, as his/her total discount should be $325. plus $559... for $884.total.

Tricky accounting..These discounts shld be combine-able..