Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014

If I book a cruise onboard now, under the new rules, for 7 nights in a JS and get $200 OBC, can I change the ship and sail date of that cruise to a different ship and sail date also for 7 days and retain the $200 OBC?

Patti do you know?

I am not Patti but I emailed them and asked the question. I also asked if you just change the date and keep the ship will it change. (the terms read if you change the ship AND sail date)

I got a long response listing the terms which had no answer to my question:eek::rolleyes:

Like the above poster said only time will tell. It is too soon to have been tested yet.

The way the "Old" NCC's where advertised on board, could have led to some confusion, they always said, "Receive up to $200 in OBC", while this was correct, it depended on the length of the cruise booked, so a regular 7 night cruise was always $100 OBC.

I was going to ask about purchasing a cruise while on board and then changing it at a later date. That happened to me a couple of years ago. It sounds like from what i read that they don't have to honor the OBC from my purchased cruise and they could change it to a lower OBC and treat it as an open booking reservation.

I was going to ask about purchasing a cruise while on board and then changing it at a later date. That happened to me a couple of years ago. It sounds like from what i read that they don't have to honor the OBC from my purchased cruise and they could change it to a lower OBC and treat it as an open booking reservation.

It appears from the fine print that they reserve the right to change the OBC, whatever that is supposed to mean.:confused:

Patti, Thank you so much for keeping us informed. You are so kind!

So, it looks like the balcony discount for short (3-5 night) cruises didn't go away as previously reported. Is that correct?

Thanks again!

That is correct

@MMOMOM - The open NextCruise you purchased in 2012 IS your booking number once you assign it to a sailing. An online TA, or any TA for that matter cannot nook you today at whatever rate and then apply your NextCruise certificate to the booking they created. The record has to be rebuilt as new at whatever the prevailing rate is AFTER the transfer has processed to the Agent. And, it should only take 48 hours to transfer. That Deal you think you got with an online TA may not be such a deal in the end. Buyer beware.

The way the "Old" NCC's where advertised on board, could have led to some confusion, they always said, "Receive up to $200 in OBC", while this was correct, it depended on the length of the cruise booked, so a regular 7 night cruise was always $100 OBC.

I think that's where my misunderstanding came from. I know they said $200 OBC and I just 'went with it'. We always book a 7 night in a JS and according to what I've read here and the fact we purchased this in 2012, we will only get $100. But, I guess I'm happy with that. :confused: LOL! It all just got way to complicated for me yesterday with booking, etc. So, I don't think I'll do that again! :)

@MMOMOM - The open NextCruise you purchased in 2012 IS your booking number once you assign it to a sailing. An online TA, or any TA for that matter cannot nook you today at whatever rate and then apply your NextCruise certificate to the booking they created. The record has to be rebuilt as new at whatever the prevailing rate is AFTER the transfer has processed to the Agent. And, it should only take 48 hours to transfer. That Deal you think you got with an online TA may not be such a deal in the end. Buyer beware.

@ Preds; Hmmm .... like I said, this has all gotten way too complicated for me! We did however, fax the transfer today. I will follow up with the online TA in a day or two per what you said, even tho she originally said it would take like 10 days. When I contacted her again yesterday, she said RCI's OBC was combinable with the $75 she is giving us, so we'll have $175 OBC. I am happy with the price of the cruise as it was a good sale and I checked it with what RCI is offering on their site and it's a few hundred dollars less with the TA. As is the custom, I've been told, and she verified, if I see the same cruise with a price drop before final payment 12/20, they will honor that. We've never booked this far out before and frankly have done so much better with last minute bookings. I'm just glad to be going back to Royal again after a couple of other lines in the last 2 years, but I don't think I'll be purchasing a NCC onboard this time! :D

I don't see any reason to separate 10-14 and 15+, as they are the same. Am I missing something, or can we eliminate the those categories and just go with 10+?

That is how the balcony discounts are broken down on the C&A website under each C&A level so I copied them as they are listed.:)

Wasn't this thread a STICKY earlier this afternoon???:confused::rolleyes:

It should be. Thanks Patti!!

Yes it was at 4:00. I just posted on it and it lost it's "Sticky" symbol.:(

Well, it was a sticky for almost 12 hours, but I guess the glue let loose!!:D

Well, it was a sticky for almost 12 hours, but I guess the glue let loose!!:D

I know- I've been watching- I notified the Mods yesterday when it came unglued:eek::p

It's an UNSTICKY!!!

Edited by molly361

Is it possible to get the balcony discount for a cruise already booked? Here is my situation. I booked a JS for a 2015 cruise on board last year while at Gold status. I will get to Platinum status after completing a cruise this May. My 2015 cruise will still be 9 months out at that time. Will I be able to get the balcony discount applied to that cruise?

Is it possible to get the balcony discount for a cruise already booked? Here is my situation. I booked a JS for a 2015 cruise on board last year while at Gold status. I will get to Platinum status after completing a cruise this May. My 2015 cruise will still be 9 months out at that time. Will I be able to get the balcony discount applied to that cruise?

Yes you will- Just give them a call once you reach Platinum-

• 2 weeks later...

I also see the change over from the old OBC to the new OBC rules as problematic. We were aboard The Grandeur from March 8-18. I bought 2 Open bookings that are dated March 16. :confused: It would have been a perfect time for the LA to tell us about the changes and get some onboard bookings.

We dropped them off and got them later in the cruise. We had no notice of the change on the cruise. I do not usually read CC on the cruise. The internet is too slow and I would waste too much time. I guess no one else did either, because it was not discussed in the diamond lounge or the CL.

When I got home and read the CC threads about the open bookings I called right away. After much ado and talking to supervisors, etc I was told that we should have been told about the new rules on the ship and they would honor the old rules. That all sounds good--but, I have low expectations for the reservation process when I decide to use these bookings. :o

PS--several cruise friends that were on the same sailing had the same issue I did. They called and a few got grandfathered in, others were told no. They are still trying to resolve this.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I agree and now I'm confused too! We have a next cruise certificate (open) and when we purchased it in May of 2012 on the Oasis, they told us it would be $200 OBC. Today we saw a good price for a cruise in March of 2015 online. Talked with the agent and booked it. She instructed us to do the transfer of the booking over to her and 'we'd see if it was worth it' compared to what they were offering benefit wise. I filled out the form and saw it had to be 'faxed' to RCCI. We don't have a fax, so we called RCCI to see if we scanned it, could we email it instead. They said no, but that the OBC was $100 and it was up to the TA as to whether the two were able to be combined. The cruise we booked was for a JS and it's 7 days. So with this just posted 'next cruise' info, it reads $200 for a JS for 7 days, but the 'open' is only $25. So, I'm just wondering about the whole process. The TA gave us $75 and reduced deposit today. :confused:

Since you booked in May 2012, it should be good and your TA should honor what RCCL has issued. You need to contact TA. It's OBC, and not part of your Sea Fare price. Which I'm pretty sure is what the TA is commissioned.

So are these the only discounts for past cruisers? I always thought it was odd that there isn't a box to check for previously cruised RCCL when checking prices like there are for 55+, State/Province, etc.

There used to Savings Certificates whcih were discounts on selected cruises. However, that program just ended this past March 31, and Royal has said they will have a new discount program soon.