Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014

Bob...... Exactly the problem..

Because if your case #2 ($2646.18) then takes $325, balcony discount...final price should be $2321.18, not $2441.18....Believe RCL has reduced the senior benefit for guest #1, as his/her total discount should be $325. plus $559... for $884.total.

Tricky accounting..These discounts shld be combine-able..

I would call C&A and ask about the discount. I've not heard of a reduction in balcony or senior discount. However, I have heard of website issues causing problems with prices.

You could put the cruise on courtesy hold and then call C&A and ask them to explain the pricing.

• 3 months later...

I don't understand how they come up with $205 extra discount for guest 1 in case #3. Balcony discount should be $325 for D+ on a 12 day cruise.:confused: I also don't understand why my numbers are different than yours, unless you're getting a different residency discount.

That's the idea, no is able to understand the pricing.

Is it possible to get the balcony discount for a cruise already booked? Here is my situation. I booked a JS for a 2015 cruise on board last year while at Gold status. I will get to Platinum status after completing a cruise this May. My 2015 cruise will still be 9 months out at that time. Will I be able to get the balcony discount applied to that cruise?

This is my situation as well,thanks for the info

Is it possible to get the balcony discount for a cruise already booked? Here is my situation. I booked a JS for a 2015 cruise on board last year while at Gold status. I will get to Platinum status after completing a cruise this May. My 2015 cruise will still be 9 months out at that time. Will I be able to get the balcony discount applied to that cruise?

I booked a Quantum cruise in May 2013 when I was still platinum. By the time the final payment was due (Nov 2014) I became Diamond. I asked for the additional balcony discount and Royal Caribbean rep said they couldn't do it unless they re fared me to the then current fare. ( which was of course higher than I originally booked). So it wasn't worth it so I didn't. YMMV

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

• 2 months later...
I booked a Quantum cruise in May 2013 when I was still platinum. By the time the final payment was due (Nov 2014) I became Diamond. I asked for the additional balcony discount and Royal Caribbean rep said they couldn't do it unless they re fared me to the then current fare. ( which was of course higher than I originally booked). So it wasn't worth it so I didn't. YMMV

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. I got the emerald credit $125 and the $100 OBC for booking onboard, even though I had actually made diamond already on that cruise. By the time I called a few weeks later, once my level increase was noted, the price was way more than when I booked. The extra $100 for diamond discount was more than offset and I'd lose the OBC for booking on board.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally something that makes sense to me all though just getting $25 for an open booking does not seem right I tend not to make decisions on my next cruise right away so I guess I will pass on purchasing a Next cruise or whatever they call it now. Thanks Patti for posting this

I think that the NCC still includes the $100 payment as down payment when you actually do book.

I think that the NCC still includes the $100 payment as down payment when you actually do book.

Here is the latest when booking an actual cruise on board:

Effective March 6, 2015

Royal Caribbean has changed its onboard re-booking program, NextCruise, once again to offer the bonus on the cruise you are currently on instead of the future cruise.

Under the new terms of NextCruise, when you book a specific sailing while onboard a Royal Caribbean ship, the onboard credit amount you are entitled to will be added to your SeaPass account on the sailing you are on. Under the old program, the bonus was applied to your onboard account when you took the upcoming cruise.

This change only affects cruises you book that have a specific sail date. The open booking option will not change with this program.

The deposit will be nonrefundable and will be equal to the amount of onboard credit you get. If you elect to apply the OBC to the cruise being booked, then the deposit will be refundable if you cancel prior to final payment.

The deposits and OBC are now determined by number of nights and cabin category:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

NOTE: Grand Suites and above no longer require a double deposit per person.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 8 months later...
Current C&A balcony discounts Per Cabin (as of 1/21/2011) are as follows:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Are these numbers still valid?

• 2 weeks later...

we both ( diamond) has booked a cruise for 2017 last week ( balcony), but only one person has a price reduction ?

Should not each of us has a price reduction ?

We had called Royal ( Germany) but they don't know what to do ?!:o

my question: each of us are qualified for an reduction? or just the 'room' ?

( It's the first time we booked direct with Royal... to catch a special cabin...)

we both ( diamond) has booked a cruise for 2017 last week ( balcony), but only one person has a price reduction ?

( It's the first time we booked direct with Royal... to catch a special cabin...)

The diamond balcony discount is PER CABIN.

It's always by cabin

I think he's talking about the promotional offers that change on a whim.

The Diamond discount doesn't change as Patti says....unless they change over the years as they did a couple back. Miss that extra $25:rolleyes:

Really?? :eek:

I assume it was a combination of booking rules and the discounted rate, but on my next sailing, the discount was about $90 (instead of $200). Of course, on some bookings, you can't get the discount at all.

I assume it was a combination of booking rules and the discounted rate, but on my next sailing, the discount was about $90 (instead of $200). Of course, on some bookings, you can't get the discount at all.

If you would have explained it this way in your original post, I wouldn't have questioned it.:D Yes, each booking promo has it's own fine print. When this list was first made up back in 2011 there was no "fine print".

On our upcoming cruise on Anthem, we got a very generous Military Discount that eliminated the balcony discount.

Edited by cruisenfever

On our upcoming cruise on Anthem, we got a very generous Military Discount that eliminated the balcony discount.

And that's sorta normal (that you lose it all) but to get a partial discount (a seemingly arbitrary amount), was news to me.

It looks like just ~120 instead of ~225$ for 7 days :o

we send RCI another mail to clarify

Thank you for your response

As I mentioned in my reply, on some bookings the balcony discount is some random amount - I couldn't get the Frankfurt RCI office to explain why.