Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I think if you read it, it pretty much explains itself. There is a separate post in which this is being discussed. It's not a big deal, just worth noting to all the cruisers with kids. (I know you hate kids, so feel free to move along.)

I gotta laugh. I'm not big on kids, but I did just book the Escape for a fun ship to take my 15 yr old nephew on.

BTW, I did think it was a nice note to add to this thread for some of us. Thank you. 😊

Neh, the Turtles will stay, they are just mini golf decor, right?

It doesn't look like it.

If you look here...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ncl-escape-staging.wmi.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/07222559/1860_ropessports_ropescourse2_010715.jpg

...the turtles are still there but if you look here...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ncl-escape-staging.wmi.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/10160426/1860x1028_MiniGolf_NCLescape_FI_060815.jpg

...the turtles are gone.

...so, looks pretty much the same minus the Turtle hanging out! Are you ok Barnacle Boy?? I'm guessing you are quite a Sponge Bob Fan?!!

Maybe they'll replace the turtles with a Walking Dead theme:D. My DS15 and I have a date every Sunday night in the fall/spring for that show. They film it about 5 hours away and we are seriously considering driving over for a long weekend.

Yeah, um, maybe not such a good idea for a cruise ship you're stuck on. Nor would be a titanic theme.

And, I do love the show, but I'd rather have sweet dreams than zombie ones. I'm always fighting them off in my dreams when Walking Dead is in season.

Are you ok Barnacle Boy?? I'm guessing you are quite a Sponge Bob Fan?!!

I'm hanging in there! I was a fan of Spongebob and a fan of NCL long before their partnership, and I'll continue to enjoy both long after :D I'm keeping Patrick as my avatar for the foreseeable future too!

Yeah, um, maybe not such a good idea for a cruise ship you're stuck on. Nor would be a titanic theme.

I wouldn't mind Titanic mini-golf. I've heard Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" and seen the Grand Staircase photo backdrop on almost every cruise I've been on! :p

I am so very excited about this ropes course! I can't wait to compare it to the Getaway.

Does the Getaway has those oval rails sticking out near the plank? Escape seems to have or get one of them; looks like you can swing out above the water?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ncl-escape-staging.wmi.io/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/07222559/1860_ropessports_ropescourse2_010715.jpg

I think the new mini golf course without the turtles looks pretty well, crappy.

But I don't pick a ship because of the mini golf course so it does not really matter much.

I do appreciate that they told us no more Nick stuff

I think the new mini golf course without the turtles looks pretty well, crappy.

But I don't pick a ship because of the mini golf course so it does not really matter much.

I do appreciate that they told us no more Nick stuff

Yep looks like mini golf in a junk yard but without the TMNT (who I am somewhat indifferent to anyway) cleverness.

A Mad Max post-apocalyptic putt-putt golf course in a run down part of a big city.

On the other hand while not as visually attractive as some putt-putt course at sea, Getaway's theme is much cooler, I'm sure my kids will rather play than debate the look.

Edited by legion3

Does the Getaway has those oval rails sticking out near the plank? Escape seems to have or get one of them; looks like you can swing out above the water?

The Getaway (or Breakaway) doesn't have that feature. Those are suppose to be zip tracks (like a zip line) where you can swing out over the water. The ropes course on the Breakaway was awesome. This one seems to be even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Getaway (or Breakaway) doesn't have that feature. Those are suppose to be zip tracks (like a zip line) where you can swing out over the water. The ropes course on the Breakaway was awesome. This one seems to be even better!

Okay, stop right there! "Swing out over the water"?! I should cancel my child off my cruise. He will want to do that, and as a mother, I would have a heart attack and die right there if I see that. LOL! (I'm just messing around. I will let him, but I will NOT watch it happen.)

I'm freaking out now. :p Can't they add a 2nd clip, so there isn't just one tiny clip securing him from falling to his death?

Ok thanks. I guess I never heard of Nickelodeon when I was a young kid and watching TMNT. :D

Nickelodeon bought the rights only a few years ago. It's a recent addition!

I'm freaking out now. :p Can't they add a 2nd clip, so there isn't just one tiny clip securing him from falling to his death?

They already use two clips on Breakaway and Getaway ;)

Okay, stop right there! "Swing out over the water"?! I should cancel my child off my cruise. He will want to do that, and as a mother, I would have a heart attack and die right there if I see that. LOL! (I'm just messing around. I will let him, but I will NOT watch it happen.)

I am with you OMG I am going to die. I had a heart attack when my DD walked, jumped and hung over the sea on Getaway. This swing over the sea may just kill me.

My DD was 12 on Getaway but she looked well much older 16 at least. She is also a athlete (HS water polo player at 12 on the boys team). She was up on the ropes course with these 16 or 17 YO boys and they where trying to scare her by swinging the robe and man she showed them up. They took turns trying to out do each other on the plank. I died each time and she had a ball.