Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

When I purchased my specialty dining package it was called the 7 DAY specialty dining program and now NCL has renamed it the 7 MEAL specialty dining program. I called NCL to ask if I go to Pincho tapas (which is discounted on the plan) for a pre show app and then go to an included restaurant for post show full dinner, am I using two of my seven meals in the same day? They had no answer for me..... Would like feedback from this group please.

Greetings

This may not be the correct thread to post this question. This thread is focused on the "birth" of Escape.

Good Sailing

Tom

I'm unclear why Tunaman2011 feels the need to control the content of this thread. I've been following it for some time now and plenty of other issues have been discussed. As previously addressed it is an "everything Escape" thread. I have also asked for feedback on the thread specifically for my cruise dates.

Tunaman2011.... Feel free to totally ignore any post you don't feel is appropriate in your opinion. For everyone else, I would appreciate your thoughts or any experience you have had with the dining plan on previous NCL cruises.

Catnapper. I see that the name of the meal packages have changed to # meal specialty dinning. Good catch.

I would think the a la carte places would still be discounted under the SDP but you could not go to Cagneys before the show and le Bistro after.

When I purchased my specialty dining package it was called the 7 DAY specialty dining program and now NCL has renamed it the 7 MEAL specialty dining program. I called NCL to ask if I go to Pincho tapas (which is discounted on the plan) for a pre show app and then go to an included restaurant for post show full dinner, am I using two of my seven meals in the same day? They had no answer for me..... Would like feedback from this group please.

I think you should start a new thread on this because I think people that don't visit this thread would be interested to hear and chat about this.

I think you should start a new thread on this because I think people that don't visit this thread would be interested to hear and chat about this.

I'm interested... ;)

ALL things ESCAPE including the SDP, UDP, UBP, CIA, FBI whatever...:cool:

You're missing my point, her discovery affects all NCL ships. Everyone else should hear about it too.

Oh... :o yes she should.

Although another thread with yet another change by NCL will drive certain posters crazy. :cool:

The only reason the the Escape is wide is two fold.

They extended the walking area of the waterfront. And the width is not the Hull width. It's the point to point widest part of the ship.

Meyer Wreft Is using a new sub contractor of the life boat davits. They are approx 11" wider than the (away) class. That makes up the wider ships beam.

The davits were manufactured by Davit International, the same as Breakaway.

The additional width, which is in the hull, was largely added to provide more stability to compensate for the extra decks.

The additional width, which is in the hull, was largely added to provide more stability to compensate for the extra decks.

Thanks for the information.

Since the Escape is so tall, Me wife is concerned it may tip over.

(and thanks for sea trials) :D

I can't possibly predict who all would be interested in this or where they would look for it. I started following this thread because it's " everything escape ". That's where I would look for all encompassing information.

Great photos, but those overhead shots really illustrate how silly-small the pool is on the new NCL builds.

My thoughts exactly.

On another note, deck 15 first 4 forwardmost cabins behind the bridge appear to have a different balcony and seem to be where white space is on the deck plans. Are these officer cabins?

I suppose I should be quoting a photo,but, honestly can't recall where I saw the best photo of the cabins in question. I was trying to count to mine 15156 hump and noticed a few extra...

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Wrong on both counts. This ships water displacement may be larger, but the plimsoll line marker is identical the her smaller bros.

Unlike BA/GA decks 15-18 use a lighter

Aluminum alloy in leu of the heavier steel plates used in the lower decks.

That helps to stabilize he and make her less top heavy

Also Davits Int. subbed out to Sundex marine for the new RB75-H GST system. That's why P-P is wider.

Boo Ya!!!!

Great photos, but those overhead shots really illustrate how silly-small the pool is on the new NCL builds.

That is my concern as well. The ship looks beautiful but it seems that there should be more pools up there.

Is it like this on the Away ships too?

Man all the drama for a simple question. Here is your answer - the last time I spoke with NCL the meals are not per day but per meal. So if you visited two restaurants in one day it would count as two of the meals from a 7 day meal plan. We plan not to use the specialty dinner up charge and just visiting and pay the a la carte charge. For us, it would be cheaper that way.

I'm have a "thing" against swimming in small pools with lots of people. Can't imagine getting into the pool on any ship. Also fortunate that all three couples on our upcoming cruise aren't looking for a lot of sun on the deck time. Booked on deck 9 - look for us on the waterfront, promenade, spa and bars!

That brings up a question about NCL ships - I'm assuming deck 7 (?) is like a promenade where you can walk laps on the ship? I'm just looking at the pictures and translating to what DCL has on its ships.

Wrong on both counts. This ships water displacement may be larger, but the plimsoll line marker is identical the her smaller bros.

Unlike BA/GA decks 15-18 use a lighter

Aluminum alloy in leu of the heavier steel plates used in the lower decks.

That helps to stabilize he and make her less top heavy

Also Davits Int. subbed out to Sundex marine for the new RB75-H GST system. That's why P-P is wider.

Boo Ya!!!!

Where did you hear that Sundex is involved? I wouldn't put it past anyone to subcontract to the Chinese these days, but I've yet to hear anything about it.

RB75-H GST? P-P? What are you trying to say? These are not standard terms.

Meyer Werft's site uses width at waterline (hull) for their measurements. 39.7m for Getaway (cross referenced with distances chart onboard) and 41.4m for Escape. If you have information that refutes that, I'd like to see it.