Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Thank you......Thank You.....THANK YOU!!! Finally an excellent photo of the aft cabins - WITH all of the dividers in.

You. Are. The. BEST!!! :D :D :D

We aren't aft, but for some reason I could have sworn (or maybe I just made it up??) that those last aft port and starboard balconies on 11 and 12 (11310 and 11910) appeared to have a larger balcony but part of it was blocked off -making the extra space useless.

Now I'm seeing that is not the case. When I booked I went with a bump/angle balcony instead because of this. I know one of those 4 last balconies on 11/12 were open when I booked.

Oh well. Too late to kick myself over it now!

We aren't aft, but for some reason I could have sworn (or maybe I just made it up??) that those last aft port and starboard balconies on 11 and 12 (11310 and 11910) appeared to have a larger balcony but part of it was blocked off -making the extra space useless.

Now I'm seeing that is not the case. When I booked I went with a bump/angle balcony instead because of this. I know one of those 4 last balconies on 11/12 were open when I booked.

Good spot, I am also in a bump balcony on 14.

I was reading play by play about the Escapes Conveyance. I found some German website that google translated into English???.

Some of the typo's are funny. Read below...

For interior of the luxury liner include a theater with 815 seats, 15 restaurants, eight bars, a cinema and various spas. The maritime painting with tropical fish, stingrays and sea turtles at the bow of the vessel was applied to a design by artist and conservationist Seafood Guy Harvey with a laser. The 59-year-old Jamaican had taken a picture of the work in Papenburg in July itself. The total weight of the ink used is around 300 tons, as well as 2200 km cable and 400 kilometers of pipelines were laid. In mid-October, the ship should be passed to the shipping company.

Oh well. Too late to kick myself over it now!

The pictures really do help those who might be looking for a "secret" larger balcony.

Hopefully, someone will make a spreadsheet like the BA/GA one with this wonderful info.

Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if any of those corner "secrets" were available for my cruise and surprisingly, a few were but the largest ones weren't. I was also surprised that the cost difference on my cruise was only $50/pp more than Oceanview.

I'm already booked and I'm thrilled with my location and configuration but I might show these pics to friends/family who might want to join us.

Thanks, btw. :D

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The pictures really do help those who might be looking for a "secret" larger balcony.

Hopefully, someone will make a spreadsheet like the BA/GA one with this wonderful info.

Just out of curiosity, I looked to see if any of those corner "secrets" were available for my cruise and surprisingly, a few were but the largest ones weren't. I was also surprised that the cost difference on my cruise was only $50/pp more than Oceanview.

I'm already booked and I'm thrilled with my location and configuration but I might show these pics to friends/family who might want to join us.

There is actually one open on 13 for my date too, but for the marginal size difference and the connecting door, we'll just stay put. I actually think the angle balcony will have more usable space.

don't mind - we have clean and fresh air in Papenburg ;-)

First, thank you for the great photos. Anyway, I am the owner of a DSLR Nikon.

When looking at your photos the colors of the shop and the people standing by watching, seem to just pop right out. How do you get such vivid colors?

Is it a particular lens or filter.

Please let me know. My Nikon was drawing prize from a work trade show. I have no idea what I'm doing with it. All I know is I would love to take photos like you.

Pretty sure were in one of the larger secret balconies for the transatlantic. Pure fluke, but every time I've seen a picture I would go hmmmm.

I'm trying not to get too excited but it seems pretty much confirmed at this point. Very cool for us.

11931114_133071540376180_653762408_n.jpg

It seems they stopped at the Emssperwerke (Ems barrage?), Breakaway passed it in the dark and Getaway was in dense fog.

She looks beautiful!!!

Thanks again for all of the links, and info today. I loved watching the trip down the EMS.

I look forward to more.........:)

Thanks all for the wonderful pics and totally excited about my upcoming cruises but .....

As a lifelong ship freak, the overall profile looks extremely unbalanced with the stack appearing extremely short next to the ropes course. In fact, in many views, it actually looks like the ship didn't actually get a smoke stack.

If I want to get really picky, every time I see a picture of Spice H2O, the Flintstones theme plays in my head with those tacky faux boulders .....

Still, love the pix of the atrium chandelier and LOVE the pix and description of The Haven!

Just out of the narrow part of the EMS (you can turn around now!) lol

In another 1000m or so she will turn around at Emden :)

Thanks all for the wonderful pics and totally excited about my upcoming cruises but .....

As a lifelong ship freak, the overall profile looks extremely unbalanced with the stack appearing extremely short next to the ropes course. In fact, in many views, it actually looks like the ship didn't actually get a smoke stack.

The upper section of the funnel hasn't been fitted yet. Due to the additional level of the ropes course, the funnel on Escape will actually be slightly taller than the one on Breakaway.

I have a question for our more technical ship building and inauguration cruise guru's ....

Is it unusual for this much of the work to be incomplete at this point? In viewing pics from links posted over the past 2 days it appears there is a lot of work yet to be completed. So, I'm wondering if this is normal and also,if this will impact the ship & crew being completely ready for the passengers.

Looking forward to you insight. Many thanks!

First, thank you for the great photos. Anyway, I am the owner of a DSLR Nikon.

When looking at your photos the colors of the shop and the people standing by watching, seem to just pop right out. How do you get such vivid colors?

Is it a particular lens or filter.

Please let me know. My Nikon was drawing prize from a work trade show. I have no idea what I'm doing with it. All I know is I would love to take photos like you.

Thanks for your positve comment.

I'll try to give a short answer to your question: none of my photos in the gallery is "out-of-camera". If the camera is adjusted correctly to take the photo you have a good "base" for processing. By the way the best base are ".raw"-files. At the pc I use different software to process the raw-data according to my wishes. There are basic process steps such as light, contrast, lens correction, cropping etc. and finally some digital filters lead to a result that I want. It is very possible that at the end there are different results from one base. And sometimes no result satisfies me and I start again.

The camera is only one (of course decisive) tool but the final photo is the result fo many factors.

For "quick results" you can buy ready made filter collections for digital photos. They show in advance the result that you can expect. For smatphones different apps are quite nicely.

I hope this answer gives you some ideas.