Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I remember watching a show and one of the things they did was a steam up to full as fast as possible then kick in a full reverse and the ship had to stop in x distance. It was actually called the iceberg test.

They also do turn circuits to make sure the lean isn't too bad and there is some kind of a slalom type test I think.

They really beat the crap out of the ship, is the best way to describe the sea trials.

Does anyone know what types of testing is done besides speed testing and turns? Looking at the tracking, it seems that they are trying to make all on board loose there lunch with some of the beginning manuvers

When I was on the Spirit last month they said they could only process two drinks per transaction on the UBP. That still shouldn't stop them being able to deal with 4 drinks on 4 cards, but you would probably have to sign a couple of receipts.

There were four of us two weeks ago on the Getaway. They always put our drinks on one bill, as long as they saw our cards. It's much more streamline for them= time saver.

There were four of us two weeks ago on the Getaway. They always put our drinks on one bill, as long as they saw our cards. It's much more streamline for them= time saver.

It may well be different from ship to ship. The result is the same anyway, just another signature required.

Same thing happened on Breakaway for us (there was three of us) all three went on one card

They really beat the crap out of the ship, is the best way to describe the sea trials.

Does anyone know what types of testing is done besides speed testing and turns? Looking at the tracking, it seems that they are trying to make all on board loose there lunch with some of the beginning manuvers

The main goal for these first sea trials is to test equipment and calibrate the various systems onboard. Pods, thrusters, anchor windlasses, winches, etc., and all the various computer instruments.

I remember watching a show and one of the things they did was a steam up to full as fast as possible then kick in a full reverse and the ship had to stop in x distance. It was actually called the iceberg test.

They also do turn circuits to make sure the lean isn't too bad and there is some kind of a slalom type test I think.

The formal name for that is a crash stop test. The ship has to stop within 15 times the ship's length in order to comply with international maritime standards. This will be formally conducted on the second set of sea trials.

The formal name for that is a crash stop test. The ship has to stop within 15 times the ship's length in order to comply with international maritime standards. This will be formally conducted on the second set of sea trials.

I'm betting that a full stop under those conditions would result in a broken plate or two.

I'm betting that a full stop under those conditions would result in a broken plate or two.

Crash stops put a tremendous amount of wear on the pod's bearings.

This maneuver is an absolute last resort. However, it's still better than a collision.

Ouch ! Makes like the end of a love affair.:eek::)

Edited by $hip$hape

e

Crash stops put a tremendous amount of wear on the pod's bearings. This maneuver is an absolute last resort. However, it's still better than a collision.

We were on the Carnival Magic that came to a screeching halt - lifted me out of my seat in the dining room. [emoji15]

All because they thought someone went over board. It was AMAZING how fast that ship stopped and they started to search. False alarm...thank goodness, but an interesting experience none the less.

We are looking at booking a mid-ship balcony (BC) for our cruise in January - it's 10184 - does anyone have a pic of the ship that they could point to what the balcony would look like - help pls. Thank you.

Seems to be an angled balcony on the port side, two decks above the Waterfront, near the bow of the first life boat.