Captain's Club & Onboard Booking Upgrades

happy 2 b cruising

I am aware if you book through the Captain's Club or onboard you are offered a one or two category upgrade. Does this offer apply if you book a Sky Suite 1 and they can upgrade you to a Celebrity Suite? Just asking if suites are included in these upgrades. Appreciate your replies.

I've read the fine print, but it has a lot of mumbo-jumbo that is not familiar to me...... we are boarding Reflection tomorrow, and plan to book our 14nt Med for Oct 2015. If I book the highest category veranda room, does that mean that I'll go to the next level of C1? or is it only within each category? (veranda to veranda..... concierge to concierge..... aqua to aqua...???)

I just want to make the best decision when I do this within the week.....

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Just booked on board 3 days ago. You must stay in your category. There are exceptions however.....suites not included and you cannot go from a c2 to a c1or A2 to an a1. All in all it is still a great deal with the onboard credit and choice of one more promotion

I've read the fine print, but it has a lot of mumbo-jumbo that is not familiar to me...... we are boarding Reflection tomorrow, and plan to book our 14nt Med for Oct 2015. If I book the highest category veranda room, does that mean that I'll go to the next level of C1? or is it only within each category? (veranda to veranda..... concierge to concierge..... aqua to aqua...???)

I just want to make the best decision when I do this within the week.....

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

It is only within category and even that is not always true. If you book an A1 you will get the A2 price. However, if you book a C1 on the M Class ships you probably will not get the C2 price as the C1s are prime real estate.

So no, you can't go from Veranda to a CC or CC to an AQ cabin.

I hope I've helped and not confused things further.

Edited by Oville

Just booked on board 3 days ago. You must stay in your category. There are exceptions however.....suites not included and you cannot go from a c2 to a c1or A2 to an a1. All in all it is still a great deal with the onboard credit and choice of one more promotion

We returned yesterday from a mixed b2b on the Reflection and Constellation and booked 6 future cruises. You absolutely can book an A1 and get an A2 price and I'm guessing on the Solstice Class ships you can go book a C1 and get a C2 price.

Sorry to disagree with you but your statement is just plain wrong and misleading.

Edited by Oville

We returned yesterday from a mixed b2b on the Reflection and Constellation and booked 6 future cruises. You absolutely can book an A1 and get an A2 price and I'm guessing on the Solstice Class ships you can go book a C1 and get a C2 price.

Sorry to disagree with you but your statement is just plain wrong and misleading.

Did you get the the drink package that they just announced for all 6 of them?

Did you get the the drink package that they just announced for all 6 of them?

If you book onboard the 123 Go is available for all booked cruises plus the OBC based on cabin and length of cruise. The 123 promotion will be available for all cruises booked onboard in 2014.

So we booked 6 cruises between starting in 2015 and the spring of 2016 and received OBCs, 123 Go and our Captain's Club pricing with in category.

If you book onboard the 123 Go is available for all booked cruises plus the OBC based on cabin and length of cruise. The 123 promotion will be available for all cruises booked onboard in 2014.

So we booked 6 cruises between starting in 2015 and the spring of 2016 and received OBCs, 123 Go and our Captain's Club pricing with in category.

Hi Oville,

Welcome Home. Some questions please : How were the wating times at the Future Cruise Desk ? Did they have a sign up sheet ? Was it easy to make bookings ? I'd think there will be significant interest (even more than in the past) to book onboard.

I'm curious to see how it will be on Eclipse next week...

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Oville,

Welcome Home. Some questions please : How were the wating times at the Future Cruise Desk ? Did they have a sign up sheet ? Was it easy to make bookings ? I'd think there will be significant interest (even more than in the past) to book onboard.

I'm curious to see how it will be on Eclipse next week...

Andy, we had no waits, problems with bookings and there was never a need for a sign up sheet on either the Reflection or the Constellation. We went on a number of occasions, I think they have beefed up the staff.

Hope you have a nice time on the Eclipse, so sorry to read about your sister.

Edited by Oville

You can book an A1 at an A2 price and you can book a C2 at a C3 price however category 12, FV, SV, C1 and suites are excluded.

If for instance you book an A1 at an A2 price which category would you check for a price drop? that is of course if they would consider a price drop for booking in this way.

Thanks

I was told 123GO is available only for cruises till March 2015, later cruises don't get this promo, though you do have the option to avail of any future promos. Did you get 123 for the later sailings? Would be interested to know as my brother will be on the Millie tomorrow and is making a booking for us for May 2015. Thanks for letting me know:)

I was told 123GO is available only for cruises till March 2015, later cruises don't get this promo, though you do have the option to avail of any future promos. Did you get 123 for the later sailings? Would be interested to know as my brother will be on the Millie tomorrow and is making a booking for us for May 2015. Thanks for letting me know:)

We were just on the Eclipse. We booked a future cruise for Sept 2015 and was given an upgrade from A2 to A1, an OB Credit (depending on length of sailing) and pick one from the 123 go (we chose drink package) We were told that as of Feb, they are now offering the 123 go all year round if you book your future cruise while on board, did not matter on the date of your next cruise. I thought this was a great deal and could not pass that up.

Do you have to book a certain cruise or can you buy a future cruise certificate and get the 1-2-3? I will be onboard this next week. Would like to book a New England cruise for fall of 2015. However, the schedule has yet to be released.

Another question in this same category. Has anyone gone onboard and used the Future Booking person to upgrade their stateroom for an already booked, upcoming cruise? We have one in May and have been watching prices fall a little. If they fall enough while I am onboard this other cruise, I will not be able to call Celebrity from the ship. Could the FC rep take care of the upgrade?

As a Captain's Club member, we always book A1 but pay the rate for A2. Is it different onboard??

Are Transatlantic still being excluded from this promotion or are they now included if you book on board? Hard to keep up with all the exclusions and what category you can get upgrades in.

As I understand it , the perk for drink packages booked on board is different than the normal 1-2-3 or Pick-Your-Perk as far as dates and sailings.

I got he perk added to an April 2015 repositioning sailing on board, but couldn't do it on phone or internet, it's a special perk for booking-on-board with its own rules and stipulations, thought they are fairly close to the general offer.

I guess i will have to canx the 2 cruises I booked yesterday!

Booked a 35 night B2B New Zealand & Australia for feb 2016- no beverage package. We will be on the Eclipse in July, for the $3900 we would save on buying the beverage package I can forego our first choice of cabin and rebook when we get on board.

Seems not only do you have to book at the right time but you also have to book from the ship, not their reservations people on land:mad:

As I understand it , the perk for drink packages booked on board is different than the normal 1-2-3 or Pick-Your-Perk as far as dates and sailings.

I got he perk added to an April 2015 repositioning sailing on board, but couldn't do it on phone or internet, it's a special perk for booking-on-board with its own rules and stipulations, thought they are fairly close to the general offer.

The rules keep changing for the Transatlantic regarding promotions. Interesting to see if the travel agents can get it added now? Thank-you for the information.

The rules keep changing for the Transatlantic regarding promotions. Interesting to see if the travel agents can get it added now? Thank-you for the information.

NO TA's can't add this particular promo we are discussing here, it is a book-on-board option/perk only.

the 1-2-3 is over

Pick your perk is now running for anyone to book and applies to many cruises

the Program we are discussing here is separate (though seems to mirror 1-2-3) seems to apply to any sailing (though I can not confirm that) and is a perk to those who book on ship while sailing.

What I did was cancel existing booking made by a TA, booked onboard to get the perks, then transferred that reservation back to my TA.

Edited by cle-guy

It's no wonder there is such a long waiting time at the call centres, all this booking and cancelling cruises, so they can be rebooked for a better promotion.

I'm bitter, I wasn't allowed to do it to take the benefit of 'Farewell to Century ' promotion in UK.

NO TA's can't add this particular promo we are discussing here, it is a book-on-board option/perk only.

the 1-2-3 is over

Pick your perk is now running for anyone to book and applies to many cruises

the Program we are discussing here is separate (though seems to mirror 1-2-3) seems to apply to any sailing (though I can not confirm that) and is a perk to those who book on ship while sailing.

What I did was cancel existing booking made by a TA, booked onboard to get the perks, then transferred that reservation back to my TA.

That is a great idea which I can do in May. What are the other perks besides the drink package? I need to weigh the options since I booked one of the corner S1's and really don't want to give it up :confused:

That is a great idea which I can do in May. What are the other perks besides the drink package? I need to weigh the options since I booked one of the corner S1's and really don't want to give it up :confused:

Happy, here is the flyer with the information

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

Did you cancel the booking with the TA while you were onboard? Trying to figure out the best way to go about this not knowing for sure if the onboard offer covers the newly released Australia/new Zealand sailing and trying to hang on to my aft AQ cabin.