Celebrity secrets and tips

bearette

Bring or buy a lanyard for your seapass. Go to guest relations and they will do a punch hole on your seapass to attach to lanyard. No need for the plastic covering.

Your seapass can be easily be de-magnatized if it is anywhere near your cell phone.

Good suggestion about punching ahole in your seapass, but it's just not true that your cell phone can effect your sea pass (or credit card, or any other card with a magnetic strip!!. The only exception might be if your cell phone is in a case with a magnetic clasp.

Now I am craving pastries... Yummy.

Since we are on the subject...Does anyone know if the classic drink package is good at the coffee shop? My husband could drink his fill of the package in frappuccinos alone, but I wasn't sure if we ended the Premium for that.

This isn't exactly secret - nit a lot of people don't seem to know that the treats at Cafe al Bacio are free -'no drink purchase required. They also have a box of square squares on the counter that are free!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please don't tell everyone about the Chocolate squares. Besides on the cruises I'm on THEY ALL BELONG TO ME!!!!

Do you mean that there are "separate" pastries, etc. that are free"? I take it that most of the pastries there are "extra"?

Thank you

Barbara

There is no charge for any pastries anyplace on the ship. The only type of sweets/dessert type items I know if that carry an extra charge would be gelato and other items from the Gelateria. But they also have great ice cream available at no extra charge in the buffet area and it is open from lunch time until late evening.

Edited by Lsimon

In the late afternoon in the buffet they put out assortment of small finger sandwiches, and heavenly scones with good cream and jams. It is only at one station and usually from 3:30 to 4:30 if I remember right. It is a wonderful treat and will hold you until evening dining.

Good suggestion about punching ahole in your seapass, but it's just not true that your cell phone can effect your sea pass (or credit card, or any other card with a magnetic strip!!. The only exception might be if your cell phone is in a case with a magnetic clasp.

I always have a hole punched in my key card so I can hang it on a lanyard. However, I have had a puzzling problem with the card "going bad" until I realized that I was carrying my Kindle around next to my chest and it has a magnetic cover on it!

Another thing that can demagnetize your card is the teeny-tiny little magnet to hold your sunglasses over your prescription glasses. I have a holder that has two sides on a lanyard. One side I had my Seapass card, the other side (a piece of leather in between the sides) I stuck my sun glasses. Ooops (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Great thread everyone, we're sailing on Celebrity for the first time in August. Some great tips on where to eat on embarkation. I'm sure we'll be in that cafe quite often, sounds even better than RCL.

Do they sell rum balls and liquor chocolates on-board? For some reason these taste twice as good at see.

Sparkling mint lemonade from the pool bar.

We'll have to try them. Are they complimentary? Those darn freestyle coke machines got me hooked on sparkling Dasani water, to the point where I'm carbonating my own water and adding mio type drops at home.

...it's just not true that your cell phone can effect your sea pass (or credit card, or any other card with a magnetic strip!!. The only exception might be if your cell phone is in a case with a magnetic clasp.

My experience tells me otherwise. Seems like a couple times each cruise I forget and have put my iPhone in the same pocket as my seapass and end up having to go to customer relations to get the card replaced. Thankfully I don't often carry my phone on board or I'd be there every day.

They have a charge of $5 per person. It includes everything you want. Drinks are extra.

I knew about the $5 charge before from reading the boards, but i never heard anyone ask: is it $5 a day per person? $5 every time you order something? How does the $5 charge work?

I knew about the $5 charge before from reading the boards, but i never heard anyone ask: is it $5 a day per person? $5 every time you order something? How does the $5 charge work?

$5 per person for all you can eat. Charged to your account.

So $5 for as much as I want in one shot, then come back in an hour and it's another $5 if I wanted more of something?:confused: How much can you get in one shot? Just one order or something?

Edited by forceten