Celebrity secrets and tips

bearette

Why is the 5.00 fee hard to grasp? It's a restaurant where you pay just $5 per person, all you can eat for food items only. You walk in, eat and pay. You leave and come back, you pay again. Unless you have a drink package, sodas, speciality waters, juices and alcohol are extra.

Edited by firstplacechef

Why is the 5.00 fee hard to grasp? It's a restaurant where you pay just $5 per person, all you can eat for food items only. You walk in, eat and pay. You leave and come back, you pay again. Unless you have a drink package, sodas, speciality waters, juices and alcohol are extra.

+1

Maybe the thread can be returned to its original purpose.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

So $5 for as much as I want in one shot, then come back in an hour and it's another $5 if I wanted more of something?:confused: How much can you get in one shot? Just one order or something?

It's no different than if you went to a land based all you can eat restaurant. You can have everything you want, but if you leave and come back an hour later, you'll have to pay again!

Edited by 1313steve

Hi everyone, Tracy from Montreal, first time on Celebrity but Diamond Plus on RCI, so my question is, how similar would the two lines from the same stable be? One of the things we liked about Royal was that we felt right at home and could easily get around the ship, regardless of having been on a particular one or not, before. They're all plus or minus the same layout, with the same venues on the same floors, etc. We booked Celebrity Equinox for the Christmas and New Years cruise, 2014, and also to simply try something different. Is there anyone who can mention some similarities between RCI and Celebrity? Thanks

Black and white cookies....and croissants....although I think the quality varies by ship, since they are made "in-house" and by different chefs. On the Century the B&W cookies were dream-worthy. Same for the croissants on the Summit. I had to eat those suckers every day. :)

If you are one of the few who doesn't have a drink package, and you enjoy cheap sparkling wine :D go to the art auctions or the various shows in the shopping area. There is usually sparkling wine or liqueur tasting if they are trying to promote stuff in the duty free. We had the drinks package but hey, if we were standing there when they were handing out drinks, we took one.

My experience tells me otherwise. Seems like a couple times each cruise I forget and have put my iPhone in the same pocket as my seapass and end up having to go to customer relations to get the card replaced. Thankfully I don't often carry my phone on board or I'd be there every day.

I carry my office access key card in the same pocket as my iphone constantly. Never had a problem. I also carried my seapass and phone together anytime we went into port and never had an issue.

I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, but your cell phone isn't a magnetic device!!

Hi everyone, Tracy from Montreal, first time on Celebrity but Diamond Plus on RCI, so my question is, how similar would the two lines from the same stable be? One of the things we liked about Royal was that we felt right at home and could easily get around the ship, regardless of having been on a particular one or not, before. They're all plus or minus the same layout, with the same venues on the same floors, etc. We booked Celebrity Equinox for the Christmas and New Years cruise, 2014, and also to simply try something different. Is there anyone who can mention some similarities between RCI and Celebrity? Thanks

Hi Tracy, we have done both and like Celebrity a bit better...somebody posted earlier that RCCL was like "WOW" and X was like "Ahhhhhh"...I think that RCCL may be geared towards families more but that's not to say that the family programs on X weren't good. I think it really depends on what you like. We loved our first 2 RCCL cruises and wouldn't hesitate to go back on one but we rarely travel with our kids on our cruises and it seemed that X was maybe a bit more geared towards us. That also may be a result of going on a longer cruise with X. We went on the Millenium through the southern caribbean and it was easily the best one we have ever been on. We are also booked on the Equinox for the first time December 12/2014 and are looking forward to it. Got the wider aft cabin 1206.

They are little chocolates. Different flavors. Raspberry, au lait, dark, etc. They're about 1" x 1" (or so) and very thin and VERY GOOD. I ry not to eat much chocolate or desserts and this little morsel took care of those cravings.

Does anyone have a photo that shows these chocolates? I've never seen them.

Hi Tracy, we have done both and like Celebrity a bit better...somebody posted earlier that RCCL was like "WOW" and X was like "Ahhhhhh"...I think that RCCL may be geared towards families more but that's not to say that the family programs on X weren't good. I think it really depends on what you like. We loved our first 2 RCCL cruises and wouldn't hesitate to go back on one but we rarely travel with our kids on our cruises and it seemed that X was maybe a bit more geared towards us. That also may be a result of going on a longer cruise with X. We went on the Millenium through the southern caribbean and it was easily the best one we have ever been on. We are also booked on the Equinox for the first time December 12/2014 and are looking forward to it. Got the wider aft cabin 1206.

We'll be with you on the 12/12/14.....We will be on the Sky Deck (10)....Looking forward to the fabulous ports again also. If you haven't already, please join the roll call if interested.

Barbara & Tom

Black and white cookies....and croissants....although I think the quality varies by ship, since they are made "in-house" and by different chefs. On the Century the B&W cookies were dream-worthy. Same for the croissants on the Summit. I had to eat those suckers every day.

What are the Black and White cookies?? Inquiring minds want to know!! :p

On Embarcation day, on the Silhouette, Bistro is right around the corner from the embarcation point. At the back of the dinning room is a door that will take you out to the embarcation door right beside where the Champaign is being passed out. I saw a few people slip out and grab a glass or two and bring them into Bistro to have with their lunch.

What are the Black and White cookies?? Inquiring minds want to know!! :p

Hi....ohhhh a black and white? It is a circle....normally at least 6 inches

in diameter 1/2 of it is white frosting and the other 1/2 is chocolate

frosting..........it is DELICIOUS:D....not sure if you live near a Publix but

they have them.....you can go buy one and give it a taste before your

cruise:);)

I carry my office access key card in the same pocket as my iphone constantly. Never had a problem. I also carried my seapass and phone together anytime we went into port and never had an issue.

I'm certainly not trying to start an argument, but your cell phone isn't a magnetic device!!

Well, I can verify Larry's claim from personal experience also. My cell phone killed my hotel card. That's what they told me at the front desk. I've also had the magnet on my purse kill my seapass more times than I care to think about.

So, if you can carry your iPhone in your same pocket with your key card, more power to you. For some of us, it hasn't worked so well, and we don't care to experiment any more. It's a pain to have to go and get those key cards re-made.

A sugar cake cookie with white frosting in one half and chocolate on other. I guess more glaze then frosting.

Ok, you have my attention. LOL I'll definitely be having one this weekend!!

Do you know if they make these cookies gluten free?? I think I'm hoping that you say no cuz they sound amazing....and fattening! ;).....so I will have a good excuse to not be able to eat any :)

Do you know if they make these cookies gluten free?? I think I'm hoping that you say no cuz they sound amazing....and fattening! ;).....so I will have a good excuse to not be able to eat any :)

They are not anything free :)