Celebrity secrets and tips

bearette

Gluten Free? I don't think so.;)

I remember eating Black and White's when I was little.....not sure if

it has anything to do with different backgrounds but I know deli's

usually have them in their bakery cases:D...and the other thing?

It is not a plain flat cookie either......the middle is almost "cake like"....

sooo good:)

Secrets and tips:

1. Specialty restaurants will offer discounts throughout the week, and you can wheel and deal a little, too.

2. If you are on an S-class ship in a regular(non AQ) cabin, I suggest purchasing a day pass to the Persian Gardens for at least one afternoon during your cruise. Its such a wonderful place to unwind, decompress and truly relax! Also, keep an eye out for spa discounts! Usually you can get a decent discount on port days as well.

3. Instead of the pitiful afternoon snacks they send to your cabin, simply tell your room attendant that you want a cheese and fruit plate every day at 5 (or whenever...) Also, the buffet offers sushi in the afternoon, so make a small plate to take to you cabin to nibble on while you get dressed for dinner!

4. Mast bar burgers are the best burgers!! Try one!!!

5.Pack a few refrigerator magnets for your cabin. You will be able to post invites, tickets,etc anywhere on your wall.

Going on Century from Oz in October. Is there a Cafe el Bacio on it? - I've only seen the other Cafe advertised.....does the one on Century have freebies?

What are the most exotic and yummy drinks you've tried (ones that are on the Classic Drink Package).

Thanks in advance.

Now I am craving pastries... Yummy.

Since we are on the subject...Does anyone know if the classic drink package is good at the coffee shop? My husband could drink his fill of the package in frappuccinos alone, but I wasn't sure if we ended the Premium for that.

The classic drink package covers all non-alcoholic drinks.

Hi Tracy, we have done both and like Celebrity a bit better...somebody posted earlier that RCCL was like "WOW" and X was like "Ahhhhhh"...I think that RCCL may be geared towards families more but that's not to say that the family programs on X weren't good. I think it really depends on what you like. We loved our first 2 RCCL cruises and wouldn't hesitate to go back on one but we rarely travel with our kids on our cruises and it seemed that X was maybe a bit more geared towards us. That also may be a result of going on a longer cruise with X. We went on the Millenium through the southern caribbean and it was easily the best one we have ever been on. We are also booked on the Equinox for the first time December 12/2014 and are looking forward to it. Got the wider aft cabin 1206.

The Wow... Ahhhh comparison really nails it. We sailed on RCCL with our kids when they were teen's and it was perfect for us...lots of activities, go, go, go, but now with just my DW and I Celebrity seems to be the perfect match. Celebrity is a little more laid back, maybe a little more sophisticated, more relaxing. You'll find the Celebrity ships to be very user friendly, and easy to navigate. All of the S class ships are beautiful ships, amazing public areas. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Secrets & Tips:

1. The best way to avoid cell phone issues -- lock the darn thing in your safe, you'll be surprised how freeing, not mention relaxing, it is to be totally off the grid for a week... seriously try it.

2. If you're Elite or above take advantage of the daily happy hour, free drinks and an opportunity to meet other frequent cruisers.

3. Just off of the Reflection and found the Sr. Officers were very visible and approachable ... if you're having a problem let them know, they'd rather hear from you while on-board than read about it on Cruise Critic after you've left the ship.

4. Spa give discounts on Port Days, to include the San Jaun day.

5. Sunset bar is one of the best places on the ship.

I want to thank everyone who has answered my question about comparing RCI and X (thanks for that symbol, I didn't know about it). What an intriguing idea: WOW vs Ahhh. Sounds wonderful! Keep the suggestions and tips coming, too, please. I enjoy this thread much more than those that the posters go on and on about their families' daily activities, or worse, about operations/heart attacks/meds, etc. Not to be rude, but TMI! Have a good day!

A comparison I would make is that Royal will have nice lounge chairs and X will have padded lounge chairs. Coming back from a shore excursion in the Caribbean X met us with iced drinks and iced towels. I never had that before. I enjoy both cruise lines.

The pasta bar at the evening buffet is really good. I thought the sauce was delicious and the pasta was perfectly cooked.

A BIG salad and a plate of pasta with plain marinara sauce is a great dinner for me and a good way to take a break from the dining room. Especially love it on long cruises. Easy, low cal (if you want it be) and quick!!

that's my secret and i'm sticking to it ;)

The classic drink package covers all non-alcoholic drinks.

Are you sure about that? If that is so then why do they have a Classic & Premium Non Alcoholic package?

I'm pretty sure it(The Classic Alcohol) covers the ones in the Classic Non Alcoholic package.

Are you sure about that? If that is so then why do they have a Classic & Premium Non Alcoholic package?

I'm pretty sure it(The Classic Alcohol) covers the ones in the Classic Non Alcoholic package.

Yes I think you are correct, it only covers the drinks on that package and the premium covers all non alcoholic drinks

Going on Century from Oz in October. Is there a Cafe el Bacio on it? - I've only seen the other Cafe advertised.....does the one on Century have freebies?

What are the most exotic and yummy drinks you've tried (ones that are on the Classic Drink Package).

Thanks in advance.

The Century has the Cova Cafe (which is what Bacio used to be). Best servers on the planet. Great place to hang out. And yes, the food there is free.

All I know is we had Classic got water, soda and coffee at coffee shop. I know we couldn't get the big bottles or sparkling water but Mike got whatever he wanted at coffe shop. Do a search I am sure there is a list out there on cc

All I know is we had Classic got water, soda and coffee at coffee shop. I know we couldn't get the big bottles or sparkling water but Mike got whatever he wanted at coffe shop. Do a search I am sure there is a list out there on cc

There are a few items at the coffee shop that are not included. It's the ones over $6 I think. Perhaps Mike didn't order any of them. Also the more expensive iced tea is not on the Classic. At least this was the situation on my last Celebrity cruise, which in fairness was about a year ago. I'm well aware that things change all the time.

Another thing that can demagnetize your card is the teeny-tiny little magnet to hold your sunglasses over your prescription glasses. I have a holder that has two sides on a lanyard. One side I had my Seapass card, the other side (a piece of leather in between the sides) I stuck my sun glasses. Ooops (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Some purses have magnets inside to close the purse. I had a friend that demagnetized her card at least three times.

Monica

There are a few items at the coffee shop that are not included. It's the ones over $6 I think. Perhaps Mike didn't order any of them. Also the more expensive iced tea is not on the Classic. At least this was the situation on my last Celebrity cruise, which in fairness was about a year ago. I'm well aware that things change all the time.

There are many items that r over limit, but the staff is well versed in knowing what u get based on your card. For example, they have both evian water, and the "whatever brand is in the basic package" water. They will give u the appropriate choice based on package. We got most of our alcoholic drinks there during last trip. They have many choices besides typical coffee and tea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are many items that r over limit, but the staff is well versed in knowing what u get based on your card. For example, they have both evian water, and the "whatever brand is in the basic package" water. They will give u the appropriate choice based on package. We got most of our alcoholic drinks there during last trip. They have many choices besides typical coffee and tea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My original reply was to the poster that said the Classic Alcohol package covers all non alcohol drinks. Not really correct. Then another poster brought up the Al Bacio, the post you quoted was in reply to them.

I appreciate your reply but I was aware of all that. Not sure why you quoted me, maybe you missed the previous parts of that mini conversation.

So sorry, you are correct. I misread the description, another good excuse to upgrade to the premium package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums